New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I thought I wasn't going to get any reception =(

I am using this in OU, and I have tested Jolly before. I actually found it to be extremely useful when facing those random Scarfers. However, I felt I was losing a lot of power offensively, so I reverted back to Adamant. Going to test Jolly again.

This is a really cool set, I like the looks of it a lot, but with no reliable form of recovery several Pokemon can do this better, such as Machamp, who has that mean STAB DynamicPunch. Nice set though.
SubBulkUp Champ is a very good alternative, but keep in mind, Tyranitar's Focus Punch is as strong as Machamp's STAB Dynamic Punch (no confusion though) and his Payback is much stronger (though Machamp can use go with Stone Edge but then has PP issues). He's also bulky as a mofo so unbreakable subs are easier to generate which means Leftovers recovery is absolutely needed and Sandstorm damage can accumulate. This indirect form of recovery is based off my SubRoar Latias set that can keep at near full health without Recover if played correctly.

Thanks for the compliments though!

Rest-talk Screener
Move 1: Light Screen
Move 2: Rest
Move 3: Sleep Talk
Move 4: Surf
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature(s): Calm
EVs: 212Hp / 212Def / 86 SpDef

I've been using this set on shoddy lately with a fair amount of success. For some reason most resttalk Milotics go bold. I've found that it is usually a bad idea to neglect UU's special attackers and expect to wall most of them with a 125 base SpDef stat and no EV's. Choice spec'd Bug Buzz from Yanmega is a serious amount of damage, and it makes switching into such attacks so unappealing. The standard 252/252 Bold takes 47-56% from Bug Buzz. With SR taken into account, that's a pretty darn good chance to 2HKO with leftovers. This new set takes 40-47% from Bug Buzz, and only 20-23% with a screen up. By simply moving a few EVs around and changing the nature, Milotic gains a lot more bulk and can beat a lot of attackers who like to mix their spreads up from physical to special.

The EVs? Well 212 gives you maximum leftovers recovery and is an important stat for a mixed wall. 212 Def ensures that you can still fight physical threats and 86 in SP.Def ensures Yanmega Bug Buzz won't kill you. I also believe 86 EVs also generates a bonus point with a calm nature on base 125.

Other benefits
This added bulk doesn't come at a price too steep either. The spread above somehow manages to generate 5 extra total stat points than the bold 252/252/4. With rest activating marvel scale, you can still wall out plenty of physicals. Even without marvel scale activation, Adamant CB Dugtrio EQ only manages 48-57% which goes down to 32-38% with marvel scale. Leftovers helps turn these 2HKOs and 3HKOs into 3HKOs and 4HKOs respectively; just enough time to get the rest in.

The beauty of this set is that you can boost either (or both) of your defenses depending upon the situation. Also, screen and switch is also a viable play when something that can threaten you with strong electric/grass stab come in. Calm Milotic can actually survive a few non-stab thunderbolts, and set up the screen. For example, she only takes 36-42% from a modest Mismagius thunderbolt. A timid missy could even fail to 3HKO. I also forgot to mention that Milotic loves toxic spikes, because you can just rest and screen and stall out everything that isn't immune to the icky purple status.

What are your thoughts on this set?
So you take 74-88%(40x2-6, 47x2-6) from Yanmega, set up a light screen, and then die-with rocks up you can essentially cancel both turns of leftovers, equating to 40(min) + 40(min) + 20(min with light screen up) = 100%. Why would anyone use this over, say, Chansey, who loses to the same stuff as Milotic, but can set up Stealth Rock, or use Aromatherapy?

So you take 74-88%(40x2-6, 47x2-6) from Yanmega, set up a light screen, and then die-with rocks up you can essentially cancel both turns of leftovers, equating to 40(min) + 40(min) + 20(min with light screen up) = 100%. Why would anyone use this over, say, Chansey, who loses to the same stuff as Milotic, but can set up Stealth Rock, or use Aromatherapy?
Well usually when I face a Yanmega and I am switching into it, I threaten to surf (53-62%) which can kill it after SR (usually how it plays out for my stall team) You do make a good point though that it isn't a reliable counter to Yanmega and it is outclassed by Chasey for special walling. I would still say that my set handles mixed "wallbreakers" much better than chansey does. Typically mixed Pokemon like Blaziken and friends can't KO you with hidden powers or thunderpunches.

Well usually when I face a Yanmega and I am switching into it, I threaten to surf (53-62%) which can kill it after SR (usually how it plays out for my stall team) You do make a good point though that it isn't a reliable counter to Yanmega and it is outclassed by Chasey for special walling. I would still say that my set handles mixed "wallbreakers" much better than chansey does. Typically mixed Pokemon like Blaziken and friends can't KO you with hidden powers or thunderpunches.
Well, Milotic will always lose to Blaziken since Superpower + HP Grass will continue to KO no matter what EVs you run. I dunno, it just seems like specializing Milotic on the special side is a poor choice, as a bulky water it is more beneficial to go physical.

Alright, here's a Blastoise Lead set:

Blastoise@Leftovers/Focus Sash/Lum Berry
Evs:help me here please

Moveset:

Hydro Pump/Water Spout
Aqua Jet
Rapid Spin
Ice Beam/hp electric/hp grass/Earthquake/Roar
I kinda like this set. Its sort of a mix of Starmie and Empoleon leads, having Rapid Spin, Prioity, and bulk.

I think a good EV spread is 168HP/ 252 SpA/ 88 Spe, Quiet natured. Even w/o attack investment, 4 HP Naive Azelf is KOed by Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet every time (and just barely too).

Although using Quiet and speed EVs seems contradicting, it gives Blastoice the most bulk, keeps Aqua Jet at enough power to finish Azelf, and the EVs still provide enough speed to outpace most LeadGross and Skarm.

Also, Focus Sash only seems useful for taking explosions since most leads don't OHKO Blastoice so Sash doesn't have many uses.

Personally, I'd never use Water Spout for a slow lead and the last slot could also include Yawn and Toxic. If you go with an attack for the last slot, Ice Beam seems better than the Hidden Powers due to power, and there aren't many things Blastoice can use HP Electric and HP Grass on.

I kinda like this set. Its sort of a mix of Starmie and Empoleon leads, having Rapid Spin, Prioity, and bulk.

I think a good EV spread is 168HP/ 252 SpA/ 88 Spe, Quiet natured. Even w/o attack investment, 4 HP Naive Azelf is KOed by Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet every time (and just barely too).

Although using Quiet and speed EVs seems contradicting, it gives Blastoice the most bulk, keeps Aqua Jet at enough power to finish Azelf, and the EVs still provide enough speed to outpace most LeadGross and Skarm.

Also, Focus Sash only seems useful for taking explosions since most leads don't OHKO Blastoice so Sash doesn't have many uses.

Personally, I'd never use Water Spout for a slow lead and the last slot could also include Yawn and Toxic. If you go with an attack for the last slot, Ice Beam seems better than the Hidden Powers due to power, and there aren't many things Blastoice can use HP Electric and HP Grass on.
Yes, the Sash was meant for taking explosions. Water Spout was listed because it hits harder most slow/set up pokes, though the usefulness is really lame.

Hidden Power prevents you from doing nothing on water pokes and to take Gyarados/Swampert more easily.
Toxic is a good idea to cripple someone. I don't like Yawn too much since many leads will just Explode on you.

Oh, and thanks for the evs. Once, my spread failed to KO Azelf by 1% lol, really lame.

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 92 Atk/164 Spe/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Leaf Blade
- Weather Ball
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Sleep Powder/Sucker Punch/Encore

Finally Victree has enough moves to get some decent coverage. The speed makes it faster than +1 modest Yanmega under the sun. Weather ball 2HKOs Max/Max+ Registeel. Leaf Blade 2 shots Chansey and 252HP Donphan (although Weather ball under the sun does more to the latter) and has a 2/3 chance to OHKO Milotic that don't run defense (after Stealth Rock and leftovers). Hidden Power can OHKO 0/0 Arcanine (40% chance) after Stealth Rock which is very helpfull as it threatens you with Extremespeed.

Sucker Punch is your worse nightmare and the last move is to take advantage of it. Sleep Powder obviously works in that regard, as well as being a great move in general. Encoring the Sucker Punch or a non-attack move could be a interesting idea to let something else set up.

Victree's own Sucker Punch is also a good option to mess with priority users as well as help with his poor speed when the sun isn't shining.

I don't see to many things completely walling this.

Victreebel @ Life Orb
- Leaf Blade
- Weather Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Sleep Powder/Sucker Punch/Substitute/Morning Sun/Encore/Reflect

Finally Victree has enough moves to get some decent coverage. The speed makes it faster than +1 modest Yanmega under the sun. Weather ball 2HKOs Max/Max+ Registeel. Leaf Blade 2 shots Chansey and 252HP Donphan (although Weather ball under the sun does more to the latter) and has a 2/3 chance to OHKO Milotic that don't run defense (after Stealth Rock and leftovers). Hidden Power can OHKO 0/0 Arcanine (40% chance) after Stealth Rock which is very helpfull as it threatens you with Extremespeed.

Sucker Punch is your worse nightmare and the last move is to take advantage of it. Sleep Powder obviously works in that regard, as well as being a great move in general. Substitute is another option that also helps you avoid Thunder Waves from Registeel/Chansey) as well as allowing one safe hit on the sucker puncher. Morning Sun can let you heal two thirds of your health to negate life orb, encoring the Sucker Punch or a non-attack move could be a interesting idea to let something else set up or you could even run Reflect to reduce damage that way.

Victree's own Sucker Punch is also a good option to mess with priority users as well as help with his poor speed when the sun isn't shining.

Aside from Moltres/Charizard and Altaria I don't see to many things completely walling this.
Why not run HP Rock if you are using HP Ground for Arcanine? You still hit Arcanine SE, but gain SE hits on Moltres, Charizard, and Altaria. The only things you lose SE coverage on are Blaziken, Drapion(takes a shit-ton from Weather Ball in sun), and the Nidos. Blaziken is too frail to switch into constant Leaf Blades, Drapion has low special defense and doesn't like Weather Balls, Nidoking is too frail to take neutral attacks, and Nidoqueen is dealt with easily by something like Moltres. Personally, I would run Leaf Blade / Weather Ball / HP Rock / Sleep Powder, as anything that can't be dealt with by Victreebel can just be slept(Blaziken, Nidoqueen). I like the coverage against Charizard, Moltres, and Altaria more than these pokemon, as they can all abuse sunny day and fire off Fire Blasts.

Victreebel @ Life Orb
- Leaf Blade
- Weather Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Sleep Powder/Sucker Punch/Substitute/Morning Sun/Encore/Reflect

Sucker Punch is your worse nightmare and the last move is to take advantage of it. Sleep Powder obviously works in that regard, as well as being a great move in general. Substitute is another option that also helps you avoid Thunder Waves from Registeel/Chansey) as well as allowing one safe hit on the sucker puncher. Morning Sun can let you heal two thirds of your health to negate life orb, encoring the Sucker Punch or a non-attack move could be a interesting idea to let something else set up or you could even run Reflect to reduce damage that way.

Aside from Moltres/Charizard and Altaria I don't see to many things completely walling this.
Very cool set. If I were to run it though, I'd use Sleep Powder in the last slot. Sucker Punch can prove useful, but it's sometimes unreliable. I definitely wouldn't want to run Substitute there. Even though it blocks status, LO recoil + Substitute damage would just pile on too quickly, y'know? Morning Sun's recovery isn't reliable enough outside of sun. Encore's interesting, too. Nice set.

Why not run HP Rock if you are using HP Ground for Arcanine? You still hit Arcanine SE, but gain SE hits on Moltres, Charizard, and Altaria. The only things you lose SE coverage on are Blaziken, Drapion(takes a shit-ton from Weather Ball in sun), and the Nidos. Blaziken is too frail to switch into constant Leaf Blades, Drapion has low special defense and doesn't like Weather Balls, Nidoking is too frail to take neutral attacks, and Nidoqueen is dealt with easily by something like Moltres. Personally, I would run Leaf Blade / Weather Ball / HP Rock / Sleep Powder, as anything that can't be dealt with by Victreebel can just be slept(Blaziken, Nidoqueen). I like the coverage against Charizard, Moltres, and Altaria more than these pokemon, as they can all abuse sunny day and fire off Fire Blasts.
Agree 100%. Thank you.

I definitely wouldn't want to run Substitute there. Even though it blocks status, LO recoil + Substitute damage would just pile on too quickly, y'know?
Agreed, don't know what I was thinking, you're better of putting them to sleep. Morning Sun would probably only be scarcely usefull. Thanks.

This may be kind of a novelty, but what about this set for Gengar:

Gengar (jolly) 252 Def, 252 SpDef w/ Black Sludge
-Curse
-Painsplit
-Protect
-Toxic/Substitute/Explosion

Easy to switch in with little to no damage, curse on their switch. Then abuse pain split toxic and protect as necessary to stall and refill HP.

Curse is great to keep people switching out so if you combine that with spikes/SR/ts the damage REALLY adds up with all the switching.

Once Gengar has worn people down with curse and switching residual damage, pain split is less effective so sacrifice him and send in your clean up sweeper!

This may be kind of a novelty, but what about this set for Gengar:

Gengar (jolly) 252 Def, 252 SpDef w/ Black Sludge
-Curse
-Painsplit
-Protect
-Toxic/Substitute/Explosion

Easy to switch in with little to no damage, curse on their switch. Then abuse pain split toxic and protect as necessary to stall and refill HP.

Curse is great to keep people switching out so if you combine that with spikes/SR/ts the damage REALLY adds up with all the switching.

Once Gengar has worn people down with curse and switching residual damage, pain split is less effective so sacrifice him and send in your clean up sweeper!
Ahaha this set is pure ownage.
I can defenitely see it maybe working. But I dont think that running defensive Ev's is the way to go. Maybe this spread

Jolly @ Black Sludge
252 Spe//252 Att//6 Hp
Curse
Pain Split/Explosion
Substitute
Taunt/Toxic/Haze/Knock off/WoW/T-bolt/Shadow Ball/HP ____

To outrun a majority of Pokes, I'd say is more important than "Tanking" hits, because even with all those defensive Ev's, its not the best defensive Pokemon around. I'd say focus more on switching in on something like lets say CB'd Earthquake, etc, setting up a Sub on the switch, and then Curse or Toxic the opponent, whichever works best. I dont see what Protect is doing for you, so maybe run an attack ie. Shadowball//Thunderbolt//HP ____//*If running an attack then change nature to Naive*//Taunt(?) - to stop opposing tanks in their tracks-. I can defenitely see this as a potential wall stopper/stall breaker - esque sortof thing. Also maybe running a few supporting moves like WoW to stop Scizors, or staying in the mindset of a novelty Pokemon-Knock off , Spite, and Haze can all work to an extent. Eheheh this was fun expanding on :D

Sorry for the double post.

But I came up with an Anti-Lead set for Sceptile

Sceptile @ Focus Sash
Hasty 252 SPE// 252 SPATT//6 HP

Leaf Storm
Counter
Endeavor
Quick Attack

Anti-Lead. Pretty much, Counter on the phyical hit to KO the opponent. Endeavor the switch in to get it down to 1 HP, If it stays in, then Quick Attack for the KO. Then, abuse Overgrow STAB'd Leaf Storm. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Against some of the most used leads;

1.Aerodactyl-Leaf Storm + Quick Attack for the KO(?) not sure...

2.Swampert - OHKO with Leaf Storm

3.Metagross - Counter on the Meteor Mash

4.Mamoswine - Leaf Storm + Quick Attack for the KO

5. Azelf - Leaf Storm + Quick Attack for the KO.

6. Gyara - Leaf Storm? Then switch to something appropriate.(?)

7. Ninjask - Immediately switch out to a phazer!

8. Yanmega - " "

9. Abomasnow - Ugh. this set probably fails to Obama. xp

10. Weavile - Switch out to save the sash for later.

11. Hippowdon - Leaf Storm for the KO

12. Gengar - Switch out to something to absorb the Hypnosis

13. Jirachi - Switch out to a bulky water, as it probably won't trick away it's Scarf so early in the game.

14. Bronzong - Honestly can't do anything against this

I was thinking of using this set as my lead, but Counter is an Emerald Tutor move.

So what do you guys think?

Sorry for the double post.

But I came up with an Anti-Lead set for Sceptile

Sceptile @ Focus Sash
Hasty 252 SPE// 252 SPATT//6 HP

Leaf Storm
Counter
Endeavor
Quick Attack

Anti-Lead. Pretty much, Counter on the phyical hit to KO the opponent. Endeavor the switch in to get it down to 1 HP, If it stays in, then Quick Attack for the KO. Then, abuse Overgrow STAB'd Leaf Storm. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Against some of the most used leads;

1.Aerodactyl-Leaf Storm + Quick Attack for the KO(?) not sure...

2.Swampert - OHKO with Leaf Storm

3.Metagross - Counter on the Meteor Mash

4.Mamoswine - Leaf Storm + Quick Attack for the KO

5. Azelf - Leaf Storm + Quick Attack for the KO.

6. Gyara - Leaf Storm? Then switch to something appropriate.(?)

7. Ninjask - Immediately switch out to a phazer!

8. Yanmega - " "

9. Abomasnow - Ugh. this set probably fails to Obama. xp

10. Weavile - Switch out to save the sash for later.

11. Hippowdon - Leaf Storm for the KO

12. Gengar - Switch out to something to absorb the Hypnosis

13. Jirachi - Switch out to a bulky water, as it probably won't trick away it's Scarf so early in the game.

14. Bronzong - Honestly can't do anything against this

I was thinking of using this set as my lead, but Counter is an Emerald Tutor move.

So what do you guys think?
If you are having problems with Bronzong, Abomasnow and possibly Jirachi, why not go with HP Fire over Endeavor? Endeavor + Quick Attack and Focus Sash is awesome but if you have problem areas the HP Fire seems at least feasible as an alternative IMO.

Cool set!

OU Feraligatr
Feraligatr @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Nature: Adamant
~ Swords Dance
~ Aqua Tail
~ Aqua Jet
~ Return

All the hype about Aqua Jet Feraligatr has now turned into disappointment for many. Although it isn't quite as fast as Gyarados, or as powerful as Lucario, Feraligatr has its own place thanks to its convenient typing and fair defenses. Unlike Gyarados, Feraligatr can survive some weaker Thunderbolts from defensive Starmie, often with just enough health to activate Torrent. This makes your dual Water-type moves incredibly powerful, moreso than +1 Torrent Empoleon's by comparision. The simple EV spread reaches 246, enough to outspeed most defensive Celebi and Zapdos as well as Jolly Tyranitar. Attack is maxed for obvious reason, and the rest go into HP nicely. I suppose a Jolly nature with 252 Speed EVs could be used as well, which is just enough to outspeed Adamant Lucario by 1 point, while also beating Gyarados.

The thing that sets this particular Feraligatr apart from most is Return. With 102 base power, it is more powerful than a neutral Earthquake and is only resisted by Empoleon and Shedinja. I think some damage calculations would best show what Feraligatr can do:

Code:
Aqua Tail versus:
+2 max HP / max Def Skarmory: (61.38% - 72.75%) - 2HKO
+2 max HP / max Def Swampert: (69.06% - 81.19%) - 2HKO
+2 max HP / max Def Rotom-A: (81.91% - 96.71%) - 59% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 max HP / min Def Metagross: (78.30% - 92.31%) - 2HKO
+2 max HP / min Def Jirachi: (89.36% - 105.45%) - 66% to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Return versus:
+2 max HP / max Def Celebi: (48.76% - 57.43%) - 2HKO
+2 max HP / max Def Suicune: (44.06% - 51.98%) - 70% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers
+1 min HP / min Def Gyarados: (75.23% - 88.52%) - OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 min HP / min Def Latias: (98.68% - 116.23%) - 87% to OHKO

Aqua Jet versus:
+2 max HP / min Def Heatran: (94.74% - 111.46%) - 66% chance to OHKO
+2 min HP / min Def Gengar: (93.49% - 110.34%) - 58% chance to OHKO
+2 min HP / min Def Jolteon: 90.04% - 106.27%) - 33% chance to OHKO
Stealth Rock helps in a lot of these kills. Some things to note would be that a min SpA Celebi's Grass Knot can only manage 74% at max to Feraligatr, just enough to activate Torrent, giving you a chance to kill another Pokemon or two. Some troublesome Pokemon would be Salamence and Choice Scarf Magnezone. Salamence's Draco Meteor easily spells doom for Feraligatr, while Magnezone will outspeed and kill with Thunderbolt. Latias is a good check for Salamence and Magnezone as well. Feraligatr can set up after Latias has hopefully done her job and has been Pursuited to death. Jolteon is a pretty good offensive partner I find, as it can swap in easily on Choice Scarf Magnezone and hurts a lot of stuff pretty hard.

Wouldn't Waterfall be a better option over Aqua Tail?

Anyway, I actually came up with an almost identical set on IRC, so it looks like it's a very effective idea. :p

haunter

Banned deucer.
This is the Tyranitar set I've been using in the last month on my OU team. I'd call it bait-TTar.

Tyranitar (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk/208 Spd/48 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Fire Blast

This Tyranitar is designed to bait and eliminate some Pokemon who usually counter\revenge kill it, namely Scizor, Breeloom, Skarmory and W-o-W Rotom. The crux of this set are nature and Spe Evs, as they allow TTar to outspeed max Spe adamant Scizor, the standard 212 Spe adamant Breloom, and the standard defensive 88 Spe Rotom-a. Expert belt is there to bluff a choice item and also gives fire blast an almost guaranteed OHKO on Lucario, which usually attempts at settting up a SD on a supposed CB TTar locked into pursuit\crunch. The strategy is to switch into something like scarf-Latias or Gengar, Rotom or everything else that you can hit with pursuit and then act accordingly. Against Rotom, they can either try to switch out or stay in and W-o-W (asuming no choice scarf as in this case pursuit will murder them), so I usually just use crunch on the first turn. Against Scizor, they always (or almost always) select u-turn or try to set up a SD, just to be eliminated by fire blast. Breloom is always OHKO'd by fire blast no matter what it does. It's worth mentioning that with these EVs you always outspeed the standard CB Metagross and almost every other Metagross set, while hitting a 252 HP Meta for 63.19% - 74.45% with fire blast (which usually means that Meta is gone if it switches in on a crunch or superpower). Superpower ensures an OHKO on Blissey and is excellent to OHKO opposing Tyranitar which think that thay can easily switch in on a choiced pursuit\crunch. Superpower also OHKOs Empoleon which may attempt at setting up a sub-agility sweep and, again, you'll be faster than the standard modest Empoleon. Fire blast almost always OHKOs Skarmory after SR doing 84.13% - 99.10% (Skarm is gone anyway if it comes in on a crunch), and obviously OHKOs Forretress.

So, what do you guys think?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is the Tyranitar set I've been using in the last month on my OU team. I'd call it bait-TTar.

Tyranitar (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk/208 Spd/48 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Fire Blast

This Tyranitar is designed to bait and eliminate some Pokemon who usually counter\revenge kill it, namely Scizor, Breeloom, Skarmory and W-o-W Rotom. The crux of this set are nature and Spe Evs, as they allow TTar to outspeed max Spe adamant Scizor, the standard 212 Spe adamant Breloom, and the standard defensive 88 Spe Rotom-a. Expert belt is there to bluff a choice item and also gives fire blast an almost guaranteed OHKO on Lucario, which usually attempts at settting up a SD on a supposed CB TTar locked into pursuit\crunch. The strategy is to switch into something like scarf-Latias or Gengar, Rotom or everything else that you can hit with pursuit and then act accordingly. Against Rotom, they can either try to switch out or stay in and W-o-W (asuming no choice scarf as in this case pursuit will murder them), so I usually just use crunch on the first turn. Against Scizor, they always (or almost always) select u-turn or try to set up a SD, just to be eliminated by fire blast. Breloom is always OHKO'd by fire blast no matter what it does. It's worth mentioning that with these EVs you always outspeed the standard CB Metagross and almost every other Metagross set, while hitting a 252 HP Meta for 63.19% - 74.45% with fire blast (which usually means that Meta is gone if it switches in on a crunch or superpower). Superpower ensures an OHKO on Blissey and is excellent to OHKO opposing Tyranitar which think that thay can easily switch in on a choiced pursuit\crunch. Superpower also OHKOs Empoleon which may attempt at setting up a sub-agility sweep and, again, you'll be faster than the standard modest Empoleon. Fire blast almost always OHKOs Skarmory after SR doing 84.13% - 99.10% (Skarm is gone anyway if it comes in on a crunch), and obviously OHKOs Forretress.

So, what do you guys think?
If Empoleon tries to set up on you, it will(or should) use Substitute first. Once you use Superpower, the cat's out of the bag.
Apart from that, it looks like a great lure. Especially early game when Scizor can't spam Bullet Punch for fear of Magnezone.

This set wouldn't work against noobs though - they will just Close Combat with Luke :)

haunter

Banned deucer.
If Empoleon tries to set up on you, it will(or should) use Substitute first. Once you use Superpower, the cat's out of the bag.
Apart from that, it looks like a great lure. Especially early game when Scizor can't spam Bullet Punch for fear of Magnezone.

This set wouldn't work against noobs though - they will just Close Combat with Luke :)

You're right about Empoleon, but with the given EVs and nature you'll be faster than the standard modest Empoleon, as I stated, and hence you will OHKO before it can set up the sub.

And yeah, against Lucario it's all a mind game with your opponent, but if you can predict correctly either superpower or fire blast will OHKO it. Oh, and not only noobs, but even some skilled players will CC TTar hoping to hurt a predicted switch in such as Jirachi ;)

Toxic appears to be an inferior option to both Sub and Rock Polish, both of which have been brought up previously in the thread.
It may "appear" to be an inferior option, but when you take a look at his counters, this is actually a great way to beat them. With Magnet Rise, Hippowdon and some Swampert can't touch you, problem is, you can't really touch them either. Toxic allows you to do so. Calling it inferior is laughable, Toxic is one of the worst enemies for bulky grounds, and that is clear.

BTW, fmsYEAH, the set looks good. There isn't anything I would suggest.

The Sub/Liechi/RP set can't do anything against Swampert or Hippowdon. Pert and Hippowdon both resist Head Smash to the point it's a 3HKO, beating out Aggron even if it has a Sub up. Hippowdon can also Slack Off any damage it takes, which doesn't help.

The Sub/Magnet Rise variant looks like it was made more for UU than OU, but it faces the same problem that it can't deal with Pert or Hippowdon; in fact, it also loses out to Gliscor now as it gets outsped, allowing Gliscor to Roost off any damage taken and shed his Flying type to resist Head Smash. Gliscor does face the problem of being unable to do anything back to Aggron while Magnet Rise is up, but Gliscor can easily stall out the 5 turns it lasts, Taunt it, and EQ it to hell and back.

The set I provided is mainly a way of weakening your opponent's guys to allow another Pokemon to sweep; few Pokemon can prevent itself from being 2HKO'd by Aggron's Head Smash AND deal with Toxic.

@blasphemy1: Thanks.

Playing through heart gold i created this moveset for Mewtwo:

Mewtwo @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Pressure
Modest (+Spa, -Atk)
252 Spa / 252 Spe / 6 Whatever.
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Blizzard
- Gravity

After going to the Battle Frontier and getting loads of points i got gravity on my synch,d mewtwo, After some thought i decided to go with Calm Mind and BoltBeam for good coverage, i'm yet to try it out online but i'm curious to how it would manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)