Meganium @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Nature: Impish
-Swords Dance
-Aromatherapy
-Synthesis
-Seed Bomb
Thank you, this is exactly what I needed for my team. It looks great on paper so I will test it. I might change the EV's spread a little though.

Hey everybody. I've been trying this Porygon2 set I've made, and I've found it to be amazingly useful. I'm posting it here to see what everyone else thinks of it. It might be a little long, but I'm trying to prove why it's a good set. Plus, I'm also trying to give options for other people that want to try it.
Note: First option is most recommended

Name: Choice Scarf Porygon2
@ Choice Scarf

Timid/ Modest
Trace
EV: 134 HP, 154 Spe, 220 Sp.Att
Thunderbolt/ Thunder
Ice Beam
Trick
HP Ground/ Signal Beam/ Recover/ Magic Coat

How it came to be: I once tried a choice scarf Gardevoir because I wanted to utilize trace to have a counter for rain dance + sunny day teams while also having a wall crippler with trick and revenge killer. However, Gardevoir was extremely pursuit weak. It became way too common for people to have Drapion and Absol on their team. I decided to try the other Trace user, Porygon2. At least it isn't pursuit weak. Plus, the surprise factor is nice. Trace proves to be a magical ability. I can copy Swift Swim or Chlorophyll to gain an even larger speed boast in rain and sun respectively. Allowing me to outrun even rain dance/ sunny day sweepers.

Moves: Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are his main attacks. Gives him huge coverage. Plus, they both strike the main attackers of rain dance and sunny day. Here are some calcs for some main targets.

Thunderbolt: (possible/sure OHKO with SR/Spike)
(72/0) Kabutops 83.9% - 98.9%
(0/0) Quilfish 104.1% - 122.5%
(4/0) Omastar 83% - 97.9%
(36/0) Gorebyss 85.4% - 100.8%
(0/4) Moltres 62.3% - 73.5%
(252/4) Slowbro 52.8% - 62.4%
(240/0) Azumarill 52.4% - 61.8%

Ice Beam: (Possible/sure OHKO with SR/Spike)
(76/0) Victreebel 81.9% - 96.9%
(0/0) Tangrowth 99.1% - 116.8%
(0/0) Exeggutor 74.9% - 88.2%
(4/0) Vileplume 65.8% - 77.4%
(0/0) Venusaur 57.8% - 68.4%
(132/0) Leafeon 81.6% - 96.1%
(72/0) Altaria 108.7% - 128.2%
(252/56) Altaria 81.4% - 96%

Trick is a huge factor into this. It cripple walls and force away your forced one move. The last move is up for options. Hp Ground is the most recommended for the extra coverage. It 2HKO many frail pokemon with SR damage, including Houndoom, Arcanine, and Drapion. Signal Beam is only recommended for Ludicolo (who bearly takes 50% from signal Beam). Recover is to give extra bulk. Finally, Magic Coat is recommended for a lead position. It reflects sleep powder back to Venusaur. Messing up you opponet's lead. It may also conceal the choice scarf early game.

EV: 154 Speed+Timid+scarf gives Porygon2 a magic speed number of 319. Allowing it to outspeed +natured, base 95 pokemons like Houndoom and Leafeon (plus the ability to outspeed all chlorophyll and swift swim sweepers if it traces their ability, bar Floatzel). 220 Sp.Att puts many common targets into KO range with entry hazard support. The rest is put into HP for bulk. It's an option To move EV from HP to max out Sp.Att. It's also an option to run a modest nature to have more power. You lose bulk and speed respectivly, however.

Team option: Entry hazards are a huge help for Porygon2. A lead utilizing either SR or spikes are great help to it. Mesprit and Uxie are great SR leads, and Froslass is a great spike lead. They also have great type synnergy with Porygon2. They resist Porygon2's fighting weakness, and Porygon2 risist their ghost weakness. Dugtrio also has great synergy with Porygon as he can Trap and kill Chansey and Registeel. Possibly saving Porygon's choice scarf. Also, Toxicroak goes great in beating ludicolo (the only rain dance abuser that Porygon has a problem with). He also removes Toxic Spike, which really helps Porygon2's bulk.

Well that's my Porygon2. I've found it to be a very useful pokemon. What do you think?
Just wanted to repost this because I didn't get any feedback last time I posted it.

I've been using this set for ladder and unrated matches, and quite often, assuming the fast, bulky sweepers are taken out (looking at you, Raikou), this thing can sweep very, very quickly.

Regice @ Leftovers
Clear Body
Modest
EVs: 52 HP/204 Spe/252 SpA
IVs: 30 SpA/30 SpD (HP Ground)
- Charge Beam
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power

The idea is to come in on a special attacker and scare them out with 200 Base Special Def. Rock Polish on the switch (outspeeding max speed Sceptile), and Charge Beam up for a win. Hidden Power hits the common switch-ins hard, like fire-types, Raikou, and Registeel, while Ice Beam is for STAB and killing Ground types coming in to absorb Charge Beam. After one boost from Charge Beam, it can easily 2HKO any counter coming in. Arcanine is 2HKO'd, and CB ExtremeSpeed does 47.8% max. Houndoom is usually OHKO'd. Any Grass- or Ground-type (Dugtrio, Torterra, etc.) is overwhelmed by Ice Beam. Moltres is easily 2HKO'd with Ice Beam. Just watch out for TWave.

Of course, the surprise factor is the overwhelming reason why this thing actually works, as prior knowledge easily foils your attempts to boost your SpA (or gets you paralyzed). However, this thing is really, really hilarious when it sweeps your opponent's team.

Just wanted to repost this because I didn't get any feedback last time I posted it.

Hmm actually this set seems good on paper so I am surely going to try it. Just watch out to switch directly into Kabutops as a LO Stone Edge (70.1% - 82.6%) + Aqua Jet (28.1% - 33.5%) will KO after SR.
But nonetheless, that set seems great. ^^

I've been successfully using Shiftry in UU battles with a very good result.

Shiftry (Mild) @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll
252 Att/252 SpAtt
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Icy Wind
-Explosion

Shiftry switches in on a resisted attack, sets up sun and wreakes havok. The sun doubles his speed and makes solarbeam a 1-turn STAB attack. Icy Wind for grass, flying and Altaria that think they're safe. Explode when HP gets low or if you want to take out a heavy threat.

This set also works great when you partner it with Arcanine or Houndoom with Flash Fire for switches and the free fire boost in the sun.

Chlorophyll
252 Att/252 SpAtt
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Icy Wind
-Explosion

Shiftry switches in on a resisted attack, sets up sun and wreakes havok. The sun doubles his speed and makes solarbeam a 1-turn STAB attack. Icy Wind for grass, flying and Altaria that think they're safe. Explode when HP gets low or if you want to take out a heavy threat.

This set also works great when you partner it with Arcanine or Houndoom with Flash Fire for switches and the free fire boost in the sun.
Shiftry is frail, so it'd be better if somebody else was to set up the sun. Also, why are you using Icy Wind? If you are desperate for an ice attack, HP Ice hits harder and has perfect accuracy. HP Fire is a better choice in that slot IMO, as it gets boosted by the sun. You can also use Dark Pulse.

With those defenses you need to take out the opposing Pokemon asap or you're getting nailed, so Icy Wind's a horrible, horrible choice. Also, you are wasting 4 EVs. Might want to put them in Attack or HP.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It should also be pointed out (for your sake) that Solar Beam is not boosted by Life Orb on Shoddy.

Chlorophyll
252 Att/252 SpAtt
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Icy Wind
-Explosion

the standard sunnybeamer set is better IMO... which has the same problem as this one... hard to switch in and doesn't scare a whole lot of things out.

plus... setting up sunny day without basing a team around it is very very dangerious with all the moltres that are around these days.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, one weather abuser is just not gonna cut it, on the basis that the Pokemon that do are usually pretty bad otherwise and can't do much of anything without a supporting team. Shiftry is no exception.

Chlorophyll
252 Att/252 SpAtt
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Icy Wind
-Explosion

Icy Wind is much less useful in singles than in doubles. Not much should be outspeeding you once you set up sun, so I would suggest replacing that with Hidden Power Ice.

Because 120 Base Attack is not enough...

"PowerCham"
Medicham @ Salac Berry / Liechi Berry | Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
Moves:
Power Trick
Substitute| ThunderPunch / Ice Punch
Reversal
Psycho Cut / ThunderPunch / Ice Punch
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe (Make sure HP is not divisible by 4 if using substitute)

The object of this set is to switch medicham's base attack from 60 to 75, essentially switching it from 120 to 150. If you want to guarantee pulling off a power trick, then focus sash and three attacks should be used.

With pinch berries, it comes down to preference to boost speed to reasonable levels or skyrocket your attack stat. Reversal is necessary to make to most out of your low HP at the end of the strategy. The other attacks are up to preference. Psycho Cut gets STAB, but ice-/thunder punch get better coverage.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, but Power Trick switches the STATS, not the base stats. By using Power Trick, it actually makes Medicham weaker.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP/130 Def/128 SDef / 252 HP/130 Atk/128 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk) / Adamant Nature
- Earthquake / Bug Bite
- Stone Edge / Rock slide
- Power Trick
- Acupressure / Defence curl / Safeguard / Rollout

The main point of this set is to get one thing up: An ungodly attack stat. Shuckle has a base 230 SpD and Defence. These are amazing (I think the highest in game, though I’m not sure), but sadly are put on a Pokémon with base 10 attack, sp. Attack, and is tied for lowest speed (5 base) with Munchlax. He learns One move that Fixes all of his problems.
Power trick.
Bulbipedia states that: After using Power Trick, Shuckle has the highest Attack of any Pokémon with a max of 614 in it with beneficial natures (To compare, Deoxys's Attack form's maximum Attack stat is only 504.) We aren’t going that high, though you can if you want to.
Now, onto the set.
Stone edge is the primary move here, although it can be switched with rock slide for accuracy. EQ is for coverage, although bug bite gets stab (Going up to 90 STAB power) and can steal things such as Shuca berries or Leichi. Power trick is the main move here.
The last slot depends on what you need. Acupressure is Chancy, although it can pay off with an Accuracy boost, or Defense boost. Defense Curl is for straight up Boost to defence (turns into attack), no guesswork needed. Safeguard is you don’t have a cleric (Like me), and don’t want a nasty burn or Toxic to shoot you down.
Max HP is ALWAYS required, and the rest is interchangeable. Invest in SpD for survivability and into Attack for the same reason. Defense EV’s are required if you want more power. Natures is the same way as the EV’s.
Baton Passing him Iron Defence is always great, however Swords dance is even better as it adds to his now crappy defence.

I am currently using him.
He's awesomeness in a shell.

it is still the slowest thing in pokemon, and it will be ohko'd by everything bc it will have base 10 defenses

it will kill nothing and is a complete waste

It should also be pointed out (for your sake) that Solar Beam is not boosted by Life Orb on Shoddy.
....no joke? and i have being using life orb solarbeam on my sunny day team for so much time....sigh...well i think its good to know....also, about the shuckle set:you better use that with trick room and BP sword dance because that thing will die by almost anything after power trick and its just too slow to make any use of all that power.

yeah, even if it is against a special attacker, it will only get one kill unless they are out of physical attackers. it works way better in trick room as long as you use power trick against a special attacker.

And this is why Power Trick Shuckle will never work. Ever. It is just way too circumstantial. It has to be in Trick Room and it can only use it against a special attacker and all physical priority users must be removed. Either that or have every Pokemon on the oppsing team that has a physical move gone. Any physical move. It doesn't matter what the attack stat of the Pokemon is or the power of the move. It could probably get 2HKO'd by Rapid Spin. It just won't work.

Also throwing out in regards to Medicham that his ability doubles his actual stat, not base stat. Its 60 base attack is NOT equivalent to 120 after its doubled. It's actually equivalent to about 170.

I'm going to keep PROMOTING this until I see it used hahaha..

Special Tank Lickilicky

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 56 Def/ 200 SpeDef
Careful (+SpeDef/-SpAtk)
-Wish
-Protect
-Toxic
-Return

Yes a typical wish chansey/clefable set, but with ALOT of benifits than the two...

1. Surprise Factor...lol answer this, exactly how many lickiicky do you see toxic stalling? (Exactly how many lickilicky do you in see in general hahaha)

2. Better Physical bulk. It can take physical hits much better than chansey and clefable that make it very difficult to take down.

3. Most special attackers ALWAYS switch out on the site of chansey or clefable...raikou/moltres/milotic etc. stay right in when lickilicky switches in and dont expect toxic...

4. Switch-Ins to Lickilicky. Alot of switch-ins are ones that would expect explosion or a mixed set...I see alot of mismagius, rhyperior, and other ghost. so they usually get nailed with a toxic.

5. Return 2HKOs most frail sweepers so i dont have to just keep wish +protect, i can just wish and go for the kill instead of relying on seismic toss(controlled damage)

Looking at this set. It really does look inferior to alot of other special tanks/walls, but it works much better in practice than on paper..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)