New and Creative Moveset: Uber Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I hope this is allowed. If not, Lock and Delete this mods.

I feel like the Uber metagame is dying. That may be just me, but I don't know. I think a little spice might help bring it back to life. With the capabilities of using all 493 pokemon and the option of Hail/Rain/Sun/Sand starters through ability are great ways aspects that can hopefully bring out the creative spirit in you. Also the sheer versatility of many of the pokemon considered Ubers is another key factor to use. Also it is often difficult to weed through the posts to find the Ubers pokes. I hope to make this a bit easier

Format:
Pokemon Name:(Adding pictures may make it easier to read and visually appealing, however, all pics must come from here)
Moveset Name:
Move 1:
Move 2:
Move 3:
Move 4:
Item:
Ability:
Nature(s):
Any Particular IVs Needed: (Things like 30 HP for Berries)
EVs: Ordered HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe
Description:

*PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING THE SAME MOVESET OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
*PLEASE REFRAIN FROM FLAMING OTHERS. CRITICISM IS OKAY, BUT LET'S KEEP IT CONSTRUCTIVE
*HAVE FUN AND BE CREATIVE

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Movesets

Movesets that are thought to be viable or have been tested so will be posted here.

Mewtwo
[StallTwo]
Mew

Lugia

Ho-oh

Latias

Latios

Kyorge

Groudon

Rayquaza

Deoxys (R/S)
Deoxys-A (FR)
[CounterCoat]
Deoxys-D (LG)

Dialga

Palkia

Giratina

Manaphy

Darkrai

Arceus

Ditto

/me huggles
Fine, I will get this started with my Deoxys-A (FR) moveset.

Pokemon Name: Deoxys-A (FR)
Moveset Name: CounterCoat
Move 1: Counter
Move 2: Mirror Coat
Move 3: Taunt/Protect
Move 4: SuperPower/Brick Break
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Nature(s): Adamant/Lonely/Naughty
Any Particular IVs Needed: 31 HP, 31 Speed
EVs: 128 HP/146 Attack/236 Speed

Meet CounterCoat Deoxys. With 128 EVs with a 31 HP stat (adjust accordingly) it reaches 273 HP. This will OHKO everything minus Blissey, Chansey, and Wobbufett with a CounterCoat. Taunt is to stop people from setting up and make Wobb switch out. SuperPower is to deal with Blissey. 236 Speed (with a 31 IV) allows you to outspeed everything (not scarfed) besides Electrode, Deoxys, and Ninjask. Rest of the EVs pumped into attack. This will do 96.22%-113.31% Damage to a 252 HP/252 Defense Bliss, which is never seen in Ubers so you will be able to knock them out easily. Meant to be used as a lead. This will probably take some prediction. To help with that, you can use Protect. This lessens the prediction needed, but you can be set up on now and Wobb will counter you. If using Protect, feel free to pump more into attack. Feel free to switch Brick Break for SuperPower if you want to be able to attack more.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why couldn't you just use the other Creative Moveset thread..... I mean are there really that many new creative movesets just for Ubers....? The other one probably would have acceptable.

Anyway, I think the Counter-Coat Deo-A has been done before, but it still is viable set. Probably should be added up in the C&C forum sometime.

Ditto

/me huggles
Why couldn't you just use the other Creative Moveset thread..... I mean are there really that many new creative movesets just for Ubers....? The other one probably would have acceptable.

Anyway, I think the Counter-Coat Deo-A has been done before, but it still is viable set. Probably should be added up in the C&C forum sometime.
CounterCoat was done partially by me before. I wanted to make a few small changes, but I was unable to edit my original post in the Post a Creative Moveset thread

Also, I think that there are many possibilities for many new creative movesets for Ubers. I told mods that if they wanted to lock this and delete it I would be fine. I am just trying to get more people interested in the Uber Metagame. I also have some other sets that I am working on for Ubers, but I want to test some before I post them.

Ditto

/me huggles
Shouldent there be one for UU too then.
If someone wants to make one for UU, I am all for it. The thing is, UU is a pretty active metagame from what I have seen. When TrainMan left, that was about half the Uber players on Smogon, or at least it seems that way. I am just trying to help stimulate a desire to play a new metagame that has some great possibilities.

Pokemon Name: Mewtwo
Moveset Name: StallTwo
Move 1: Taunt
Move 2: Recover
Move 3: Ice Beam/Toxic/Reflect
Move 4: Light Screen
Item: Leftovers
Nature(s): Timid
Any Particular IVs Needed: None
EVs: Ordered 192 HP/180 Spe/136 Spd
Description: If you think Mewtwo's only role is Sweeping, have another look.
While Mewtwo's defences are not the best in Ubers, they are definately not the worst. The entire purpose of this set is to stop CM sets, and with Light screen up, it performs the role even better. Taunt is necessary to stop opponents (Kyogre and Latias are common CMers) from setting up and destroying my team. Recover provides an optimal recovery move that is unavailable on popular walls like Giratina (who only has access to rest). The attacking move (Ice Beam) could be replaced with toxic, which makes Mewtwo a superior toxistaller, or Reflect to imitate Deoxys-E. It is also superior to Deoxys-E running the similar set in Ubers.
Simply based on Base stats:
Deoxys(252 HP/252 Spe)/Mewtwo
HP: 304/401
Def: 195/216
Spe: 459/375
Sp.Att: 226/344
Sp.Def: 216/250

This uses the standard 252HP/252Spe Deoxys-E set.
It is expected that Deoxys would have higher speed, but mewtwo definately has the advantage in Ubers with using this set.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure that the Creative Moveset thread is for all tiers. I see no reason at all to separate them. No one's saying that there are no Uber movesets that are creative, but you haven't given people a reason to use this thread over the other one...

I kind of see why this why would be useful. Because when people post in the other you never know which tier there trying to put the poke in espically UU pokes. Only ones you know for sure are ubers. Also this thread would be more organized and be able to have more discussion about the movesets because in the other soo many sets get posted its hard to discuss when people keep adding more. Thats just my thought about this.

Ditto

/me huggles
I'm pretty sure that the Creative Moveset thread is for all tiers. I see no reason at all to separate them. No one's saying that there are no Uber movesets that are creative, but you haven't given people a reason to use this thread over the other one...
I mean are there really that many new creative movesets just for Ubers....?
It sure seems like he saying there are no creative Uber movements. This is also for organizational purposes too. I personally think that there should be a different thread for each Metagame. Each one is different and will probably use different movesets. It also helps a lot with finding things.

god I don't really think that this was exactly nescessary, but now that you've gone and put in all the work, whatever. I really don't think that we need a thread like this for UU.

Can I ask how a Mewtwo learns Selfdestruct for the D/P Uber metagame? According to a few websites, there is no way it can learn the move in either the 3rd or 4th generation, yet some articles about its movesets list it as an option.

Can I ask how a Mewtwo learns Selfdestruct for the D/P Uber metagame? According to a few websites, there is no way it can learn the move in either the 3rd or 4th generation, yet some articles about its movesets list it as an option.
There's a SelfDestruct tutor in XD. Mewtwo learns it there.

Ditto

/me huggles
Pokemon Name: Mewtwo
Moveset Name: StallTwo
Move 1: Taunt
Move 2: Recover
Move 3: Ice Beam/Toxic/Reflect
Move 4: Light Screen
Item: Leftovers
Nature(s): Timid
Any Particular IVs Needed: None
EVs: Ordered 192 HP/102 Special Defense/216 Speed
Description: If you think Mewtwo's only role is Sweeping, have another look.
While Mewtwo's defences are not the best in Ubers, they are definately not the worst. The entire purpose of this set is to stop CM sets, and with Light screen up, it performs the role even better. Taunt is necessary to stop opponents (Kyogre and Latias are common CMers) from setting up and destroying my team. Recover provides an optimal recovery move that is unavailable on popular walls like Giratina (who only has access to rest). The attacking move (Ice Beam) could be replaced with toxic, which makes Mewtwo a superior toxistaller, or Reflect to imitate Deoxys-E. It is also superior to Deoxys-E running the similar set in Ubers.
Simply based on Base stats:
Deoxys(252 HP/252 Spe)/Mewtwo
HP: 304/401
Def: 195/216
Spe: 459/385
Sp.Att: 226/344
Sp.Def: 216/241

This uses the standard 252HP/252Spe Deoxys-E set.
It is expected that Deoxys would have higher speed, but mewtwo definately has the advantage in Ubers with using this set.
Changes in bold.

I believe this would probably be a prefered EV set 192 HP/102 Special Defense/216 Speed. This gives Mewtwo the stats 401/230/216/344/241/385. This allows it to survive 5 Seismic Toss without recover, and it allows you to outspeed CMRai allowing you to Taunt and then set up screens/toxic on him. You will find some trouble with Steels like Dialga, Meta, and Jirachi as they are immune to Toxic and will not be stalled as easily. Even then you can taunt them and set up then switch. Still it seems a shame to waste that Special Attack stat. If only there were more move slots.

heres a pokemon i used on my uber team that made it to 2nd on the ladder before i quit ubers (also before everyone started using that dialga that uses SR first turn)

Mewtwo @ focus sash
hasty 40 Atk / 216 Spe / 252 Spa
self destruct
ice beam/flamethrower
thunder
aura sphere

the plan is to kill one counter with its amazing type coverage and then blow up on whatever comes in afterwards.
aura sphere gets darkrai/dailga.
ice beam gets groudon/lugia (into KO range for selfdestruct)
flamethrower gets scizor/metagross and groudon to an extent
thunder 2HKO's kyogre which will kill him because of sash.
self destruct badly damages lugia and grouudon and pretty much kills every not steel.

this pretty much guarantees one kill, usually a steel type. After riding the opposing team of a steel type DD/SD rayquaza has a much easier time sweeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)