New and original thread name

Here I am, back with another team for your to critique. This one leans a lot towards the offensive, with only slight walling capabilities. It has been used to relative success, getting me into te fourth round of the recent tour. So without further ado.....

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP/248 Atk/12 Def
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
The classic LeadGross with a slight spin to it. Jolly and 248 Attack means I'm almost certain to 2HKO other Metagross with Earthquake. Stealth Rock is the for, well, Stealth Rock. MM and Bullet Punch make for a great combo. Stopping leads such as Azelf and Aerodactyl. Other than that it's quite standard, but still does his job nearly every time.

Rotom-c @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Leaf Storm
A decent Defence stat and Will-o-wisp make for a great physical wall. And that's exactly what he brings to this team. Discharge is useful for when I know my opponent might switch, as it gives a high chance of paralysis. WoW, as stated earlier, is there to stop physical threats dead in their tracks. Shadow Ball is there for a general multi-purpose STAB move, while Leaf Storm provides coverage against Swampert, who my team can barely touch otherwise. Rotom is usually my first switch after 'Gross dies, as he serves the purpose of the only wall on this team. The EV's and Nature are bog-standard.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Extremespeed
When Scizor became the best priority sweeper and then went on to become even better with the CB set, this little beast was forgotten about. But now he's back to play, and he's as unprepared for as he will ever be. Swords Dance is the main move on this set, boosting his attack sky high. Close Combat is the overpowered STAB move, doing insane damage to those who don't resist it. I chose Crunch over Ice Punch to hit the Rotom forms for bigger damage, as I can simply switch to Gengar. Extremespeed is the crux of this set, allowing him to hit fast and frail sweepers. Adamant nature and max/max optimise his sweeping capabilities. Lucario has often been the pokemon that has saved me from the brink of defeat. I quite often use Rotom and Gengar as bait to draw in Scizor and Tyranitar, who like to Pursuit me. Lucario then switches in on the CB Pursuit and SD's up on the switch. He normally nets atleast 3 kills a match, being my main form of offense.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
Tyranitar was put onto this team for one reason. Latias. The recent immigrant from Ubers can cause a world of trouble if this guy dies. Pursuit is the move that I use the most on this set, KOing the likes of Latias and Gengar. Stone Edge and Crunch are the mandatory STAB moves, while Earthquake offers coverage against Heatran and other Tyranitars. Since to Sand Stream, Tyranitar becomes my best switch in to special moves and threats.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Gengar is one of the most threatening special threats in todays metagame, and this set helps that reputation. Shadow Ball is STAB and it also completes the perfect coverage with Focus Blast. Thunderbolt is so I can come in on Gyarados and other bulky waters, and hit them hard. After a few devastating misses with Hypnosis, it was swapped out to HP ice. This is useful, as I can switch it in on Gliscor trying to kill my Lucario with Earthquake, then KO with HP ice. Gengar stays on this team through his ability to draw out Scizor and also his impressive set of immunites. Although he has all of these things, he is the most open to change.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk/252 Spd/24 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
The beast that I have spent so long countering has finally made it onto one of my teams. And now I know why he is so great. With so many things scared of him it's quite easy for him to het up a DD and proceed to start a brutal sweep. Outrage is the super-duper powerful STAB move that hits super-duper hard. Earthquake and Fire Blast give him perfect coverage, and the ablity to hit all that resist Outrage for Super Effective. Salamence was kinda just shoved on the end to make up numbers, but he has proven to be very useful, killing a couple of pokemon every time he gets up a DD.

So that's my team. Just a normal OU team. Change/steal/hate all you want.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Man, this team is hurt terribly by sandstorm. If you need something to deal with latias, go with trapper scizor over tar. If you want something that can deal with zapdos, go with swampert. Pert can handle latias decently and it's not like your team lets latias switch in easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)