Other New Changes, New Challanges; A Balanced Hackmons Team

Recently, there have been some major changes to Balanced Hackmons. First of all, megas can now mega evolve! This leads to plenty of new possiblitys, such as Mega Houndoom with Drought mega evolving into a Mega Houndoom with Solar Power! Secondly, the 510 EV limit is now enforced! This means that everything hits like a truck now, and mixed walls are few and far between. This team intends to capitalize on the changes, and explore these new possibilities opened up through these changes.

Teambuilding Process
When I started building this team, there were two things that I wanted to achieve with it. Something that capitalizes on the new mega evolution mechanics, and a mixed wall that doesn't suffer from the new EV mechanics.

These were the two I came up with. However, they had little synergy and has quite a few common weakness. I needed something that could work with them for maximum effectiveness. Something that could take out threats and weaken other things so that the rest of my team could finish them off.

As such, I decided to add Xerneas. Xerneas has no weakness in common with the two, and can easily take on things that threaten the pair. However, the team was still very weak to set up sweepers, and I needed something that could take them on with ease.

So, I added Blissey. Although Chansey has the advantage of having slightly more Bulk and power, it required the use of an eviolite. Blissey however, has much more freedom for how you run it, meaning if played right, it can be even better than Chansey! Despite this, my team had a large weakness to Shedinja.

Due to this weakness to Shedinja, I added Gengar. It's set is specifically tailored to taking on Shedinja. This way, if I need to, I can fight it without worries. Although, I still prefer taking it down with hazzards.
It was at this point that I realized that I have a massive weakness to Kyogre. It can hit two of my pokemon super effectively, and none of my pokemon resist it. Aditionaly, the only one who has a super effective attack on it is Charizard. Clearly I needed some way to counter it, and water types in general.

In order to have some reliable way of hitting water types super effectively, I added Ampharos. It's bulk and power allow it to deal quite a bit of damage, and take hits pretty nicely as well. And with that, I have completed my team. I am aware it needs some work though, so after testing it out and making some changes, I head on over here to see what you guys have to say!

Team Overveiw
Surprise! (Charizard-Mega-X) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Solar Beam

A huge offensive presence on my team. When it is X form, it can utilize contrary to set up buffs. Once I see it is necessary, I have him mega evolve and his ability changes to Drought. This will last for the rest of the battle, so I need to be careful choosing when to do it. However, if I think that it's a good time to do it, I can abuse sun boosted Blue Flare from +2, and it hits like a truck! Solarbeam is also a very useful coverage move, as it can take down all sorts of things that threaten it. Charizard primarily functions as a late-game sweeper, and requires that things that threaten it be taken out before he can come in and set up. He does require a bit of team support, but he is still a valuable teammate nonetheless.

Synergy (Prior to Mega Evolution):
: Heatran, Xerneas
: Blissey
: Xerneas, Ampharos

Synergy (Post Mega Evolution)
: Xerneas, Ampharos
: Ampharos
: Ampharos, Blissey

upload_2014-9-1_14-58-22.png
(⌐■_■) (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Eruption
- Stealth Rock

My mixed wall, and more often than not, my lead. Heatran is an amazing defensive force on my team. He can tank plenty of hits and tank even more if the opposing pokemon is physically based, thanks to Fur Coat and Will-O-Wisp. He also can shut down Shedinja quite nicely. Stealth Rocks is essentially a dead Shedinja, and Will-O-Wisp can destroy them if they try fighting Heatran. Additionally, Heatran can deal some good damage with Eruption, provided it's at full health, which shouldn't be a problem thanks to Recover. Overall, Heatran is very helpful, no matter what the situation.

Synergy:
: Charizard (Post Mega Evolution), Xerneas, Gengar
: Charizard (Post Mega Evolution), Blissey
: Ampharos, Blissey

upload_2014-9-1_15-7-56.png
Xtreme (Xerneas) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Waves
- Rapid Spin

Another huge offensive powerhouse on my team. Xerneas provides quite a lot in one package. First off, it can easily take down Deoxys-S and prevent hazzards from being set up, thanks to Fake out and E-Speed. Secondly, it can trap it's opponents with Thousand Waves. This can force steel types who switched in thinking they had chance to stay in and get KOed. Xerneas also provides unblockable hazard Removal. Xerneas' best role though, is as a sweeper. Despite it's main STAB only having 8PP, it can still deal quite a lot of damage with Thousand Waves. Overall, Xerneas is quite the useful pokemon, and a valuable member of the team.

Synergy:
: Heatran, Gengar
: Charizard (Both), Heatran

upload_2014-9-1_15-29-31.png
Bad Egg (Blissey) (F) @ Red Card
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Final Gambit
- Wish
- Parting Shot
- King's Shield

This set is rather interesting. Although it loses out on the extra bulk and power Chansey has access to, it's not as weak to knock off, and it's Red Card allows it to get a sweep a lot easier. Blissey can easily switch into a set up sweeper, steal their boosts, and force them out with the Red Card. As such, they now have a random pokemon out, and their set up sweeper has lost all it's buffs. If they want to switch to something that can take it on, they are forced to take massive damage. It's set for if it switches into an impostor is pretty self explanatory. It can take some hits, and then pass a Wish to something that can take it on. Overall, Blissey is very useful, albeit, situational, but still a helpful member of the team.

Synergy:
: Charizard (Post Mega Evolution), Xerneas, Gengar

2spooky (Gengar-Mega) (M) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Judgment
- Searing Shot
- Sludge Wave

Although mainly here for dealing with Shedinja, Gengar is still pretty useful. It can deal quite a lot of damage with Spooky Plate Judgement, and it's other moves aren't too shabby either. Searing Shot can counter Flash Fire Scizor, ect thanks to Mold Breaker. Sludge Wave is mostly a filler move, but it can be useful when the opponent has a normal type out or something. Pursuit is mainly there for Shedinja, but can be useful for dealing with other pokemon as well. Overall, while Gengar is very situational, hestill does his job quite well.

Synergy:
: Blissey (If opponent's Ghost type is an Imposter)
: Heatran
: Xerneas

upload_2014-9-1_15-53-28.png
Shampoo (Ampharos-Mega) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpA / 36 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Spacial Rend
- Scald
- Clear Smog

REGENVEST! Sorry, I just really love regenvest. Anyways, walking Shampoo add here is an excellent bulky sweeper. Able to tank hits for days, and deal some great damage back thanks to it's high special attack. It's STABs are both fairly powerful, and have some nice secondary effects to go along with them. I chose Scald over Steam Eruption because it has more PP, and Ampharos is meant to be bulky, rather than a complete nuke. Clear Smog is another way of dealing with set up sweepers, and it works fairly well since most contrary users use mainly special attacks. Overall, Ampharos is very helpful to my team, and can provide some bulk even after Heatran goes down.

Synergy:
: Charizard (Post Mega Evolution), Heatran
: Heatran, Xerneas
: Heatran, Gengar

Threatlist:

Kyogre is a huge threat to my team. It can absolutely destroy me if Ampharos is down! Nothing else on my team wants to take a STAB Steam Eruption. My only other pokemon with a super effective move is Charizard, but it can't outspeed unless it is at +1 speed from V-Create. Even then, I'm not sure it will KO.

The ground type is very dangerous. Only Charizard (Post Mega Evolution) takes anything less than neutral damage from it. Even then, it can still be hit for super effective damge with Thousand Arrows! Thankfully, I do have some moves that are super effective on it, but it's still quite dangerous.

Importable
Surprise! (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Contrary
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Solar Beam
(⌐■_■) (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Eruption
- Stealth Rock
Xtreme (Xerneas) @ Red Card
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Waves
- Rapid Spin
Bad Egg (Blissey) (F) @ Red Card
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Final Gambit
- Wish
- Parting Shot
- King's Shield
Shampoo (Ampharos-Mega) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpA / 36 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Spacial Rend
- Scald
- Clear Smog
2spooky (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Judgment
- Searing Shot
- Sludge Wave

That's all I have for now. Feedback is definitely appreciated, as I really want to perfect this team, and it's still a work in progress. If you have any advice whatsoever, please feel free to share it! Thanks for taking time out of your day to read this! =)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)