New/Creative movesets - Little Cup edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see some merit in it. It can bluff LO decently well, and it's always an option if you want to screw over a defensive/physically offensive Pokemon. There's also the fact that it hits enormously hard.
it'd barely hit harder than LO, if it hits harder at all, and once you trick it away (only really crippling ferro or pawniard as switch ins) but then you'll get items like eviolite which will make abra have less utility than sash. Also you suffer a lot due to the inability to switch moves, so vs stuff like vullaby and pawn, you can pay dearly for using psychic or another one of its coverage moves vs these two (considering he has hidden power fire it probably can't even OHKO pawn).

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
it'd barely hit harder than LO, if it hits harder at all, and once you trick it away (only really crippling ferro or pawniard as switch ins) but then you'll get items like eviolite which will make abra have less utility than sash. Also you suffer a lot due to the inability to switch moves, so vs stuff like vullaby and pawn, you can pay dearly for using psychic or another one of its coverage moves vs these two (considering he has hidden power fire it probably can't even OHKO pawn).
236+ SpA Choice Specs Abra Psychic vs. 236 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon: 13-16 (50 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236+ SpA Life Orb Abra Psychic vs. 236 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon: 12-16 (46.1 - 61.5%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO
im too lazy to do other calcs rn

236+ SpA Choice Specs Abra Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

The premise is to be a fucking huge hitter and it does that. Plus, the utility with Trick is great, bolstered by the fact that it's not gonna give the foe a Choice Scarf to let it outspeed or some shit.

Mega Rayquaza (Abra) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Guard
Level: 5
EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

22 Special Attack. Choice Specs. 18 Speed. Magic Guard. Psychic. Trick. GG everyone.
Sorry, I could be wrong but I think EVs are not correct. It needs usual EVs (240 SpA / 200 Spe) and remainders is (unfortunately) useless.

doomsday doink

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, I could be wrong but I think EVs are not correct. It needs usual EVs (240 SpA / 200 Spe) and remainders is (unfortunately) useless.
Ah good catch thanks. I just threw HP Fire onto the set like a couple seconds prior to posting lol, didn't even think to change that.

Another cool Abra set:

Abra @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 36 Atk / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

LO SubPunch Abra is a pretty cool lure for shit like Munchlax that likes switching into Abra.

36 Atk Life Orb Abra Focus Punch vs. 76 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Munchlax: 13-18 (41.9 - 58%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Focus Punch+Psychic 2HKOes after rocks.

Gothita @ Eviolite / Berry Juice
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 200 Def / 240 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 2 Spe
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute / Energy Ball
- Trick Room

Another way to play Gothita. Here, he is played with Competitive in order to counter Defog. It's pretty gimmick.
Psychic is a reliable STAB, Tbolt hit hard birds and Pawn at +2 (Orber and Scarf are OHKO by Tbolt, Evio is 2HKO).
For the third slot, I prefer Substitute, who allows to block Sucker Punch. Energy Ball OHKO evio Chinchou.
200 def allows to take priorities easily.

196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 240 Def Eviolite Gothita: 9-12 (42.8 - 57.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO

I recently built a team around an under-rated user of Choice Scarf

Pancham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker / Scrappy
EVs: 180 Atk / 20 Def / 52 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Parting Shot
- Storm Throw
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot / Zen Headbutt

The great thing about Panda is that it already has good bulk, and it also hits a 14 Speed stat without having to sacrifice its phenomenal Attack stat of 18. Storm Throw is actually a great STAB for Panda, and has a damage output that is barely less than Superpower's initial damage. It also has niche of hitting around the same damage even if Bulk Up was used prior. So, basically, it is a great safety net if you're going against Bulk Up Timburr. The main reason I wanted to use this set, however, is because I wanted to be able to fully abuse Parting Shot. Parting Shot is probably the best pivoting move in the game, and it only has one drawback: it does not break Sturdy or Focus Sash. However, this is not a problem seeing as the main users of Sturdy don't like the sight of Pancham regardless, and Abra is extremely weak to priority. The last two slots are Knock Off, which is very standard on Scarfed Fighting-types, and either Gunk Shot or Zen Headbutt, which is fully up to user-preference. It is a really fun set, and I think everybody should use it more often. :D

Here's a replay of this set putting in a good amount of work against an Abra I thought held Focus Sash. It's pretty silly, and the team was super weak to Abra at the time: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-197954627

Last edited:
Treecko @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpA / 196 Spe
Lonely Nature
-Endure
-Giga Drain
-Drain Punch
-Acrobatics

Endure a super effective attack, then proceed to wreck with +2 Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. Watch out for scarfers.

Last edited:
To be honest, your set looks weird.
Giga Drain isn't that powerful, and with your spread, you're too frail anyways, so the heal is totally useless.
Bullet Seed is better, just because sashbra and because make a Mixed with this thing is a bad idea.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 100 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Defog / Stealth Rock / Knock Off / U-turn
- Roost

Fast Eviolite Archen is the new meta. I like it cos I like to have my Archen fast, but BJ is just worn down eventually especially taking ~30% every time fletch uses acrobatics. Fast Archen can Defog hazards, and it can lure in Pawniard and 2HKO with Earthquake easier. TBH, it's probably the best Archen set in the current meta.

Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- AncientPower / Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

Numel, the god. It's actually extremely under rated like this, it can easily switch in on Poison, Fire, Steel and Grass types and really threaten them. One of the best partners to Spritzee as it can switch into most things that wall Spritzee, and really appreciates the Wish support. AncientPower hits Archen and if you get a simple ancientpower boost, it's pretty funny. Wisp can be used as well which can also fuck up Archen and Physical Water-types. HP Electric can be used if you really wanna hit Mantyke hard, and it eases prediciton if they have Archen and a Water-type (you don't have to predict Epower or Ancientpower). Rocks is Rocks. Top tier threats it walls include Magnemite, Foongus (fuck spore though), Ponyta, Croagunk, Ferroseed (best switch in to ferro in the tier), Pumpkaboo, Vulpix, Larvesta, Trubbish. SpD EVs are to better take on stuff like Vulpix and Magnemite. Pretty much all of those threats like to switch into Spritzee, omg NumelSpritz is so fucking good

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 100 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Defog / Stealth Rock / Knock Off / U-turn
- Roost

Fast Eviolite Archen is the new meta. I like it cos I like to have my Archen fast, but BJ is just worn down eventually especially taking ~30% every time fletch uses acrobatics. Fast Archen can Defog hazards, and it can lure in Pawniard and 2HKO with Earthquake easier. TBH, it's probably the best Archen set in the current meta.

Numel @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Numel, the god. It's actually extremely under rated like this, it can easily switch in on Poison, Fire, Steel and Grass types and really threaten them. One of the best partners to Spritzee as it can switch into most things that wall Spritzee, and really appreciates the Wish support. AncientPower hits Archen and if you get a simple ancientpower boost, it's pretty funny. Wisp can be used as well which can also fuck up Archen and Physical Water-types. HP Electric can be used if you really wanna hit Mantyke hard, and it eases prediciton if they have Archen and a Water-type (you don't have to predict Epower or Ancientpower). Rocks is Rocks. Top tier threats it walls include Magnemite, Foongus (fuck spore though), Ponyta, Croagunk, Ferroseed (best switch in to ferro in the tier), Pumpkaboo, Vulpix, Larvesta, Trubbish. SpD EVs are to better take on stuff like Vulpix and Magnemite. Pretty much all of those threats like to switch into Spritzee, omg NumelSpritz is so fucking good
I've tried out Fast Eviolite Archen, and I can certainly vouch for its effectiveness. Roost really takes a lot of pressure off of Archen to check Fletchling, and allows it to be more consistent in general. The loss of Acrobatics kinda sucks, but team support is a thing.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Numel @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Looks decent tbh, although if you're not using any boosting moves, you're probably better off using Oblivious so you have a Taunt immunity and hax drops don't screw you over as hard.

doomsday doink

Looks decent tbh, although if you're not using any boosting moves, you're probably better off using Oblivious so you have a Taunt immunity and hax drops don't screw you over as hard.
Ancient Power

I STOLE THIS SET (Munna) @ Eviolite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 68 HP / 236 Def / 164 Spe
Bold Nature
- Lucky Chant
- Baton Pass
- Stored Power
- Moonlight / Hidden Power Fighting

Alright, here's a pretty cool set I've been using on my Baton Piss team (I'm not going to reveal the others because I don't want to get counterteamed). Basically, the main reason when I lose a game with Baton Pass is a lucky critical hit by my opponent. This really pissed me off, so I came up with Lucky Chant Munna, which lets Munna sweep more easily as well as supporting the rest of the team in general. For those that don't know, Lucky Chant is a move that protects your team from critical hits for five turns- kind of like Tailwind, but with different effects. You should use it if your opponent is using a high critical hit ratio move like Stone Edge, or if you already have enough boosts to win and you're just trying to play it safe. It's really been doing some good work as a safeguard against crits, and while its effects may not be precisely tangible due to the fact that you can't see when the opponent would have critted were it not for Lucky Chant, it's good to use before you aim for a sweep with one of your Pokemon to keep your opponent from having any chance at winning. I can't show any replays without revealing the rest of my team, and that's top secret, so you'll just have to trust me on this one. Enjoy! :)

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Fletchling @ Berry Juice
Trait: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 36 SpA / 100 Spe
IVs: 30 HP / 30 SpD
Naughty nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Grass
- Snatch

I recently used this Fletchling set on my Belly Drum hyper offense team, and it can often yield hilarious results against the likes of Shell Smashers and Zigzagoon for which the team otherwise has no check. Most opponents attempt to use Fletchling as setup fodder, and end up facing a boosted Fletchling instead. The Berry Juice and HP EVs are intended to allow Fletchling to set up a Belly Drum (making it the team's fourth Belly Drummer) on Zigzagoon and take an Extremespeed while HP Grass annihilates Omanyte and Tirtouga who also would ordinarily take advantage of Fletchling. This set is best used as a bit of a laugh, but snatching away a boosting move from an opponent can feel pretty damn awesome.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
@

Pawniard @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
Evs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Ivs: 0 HP
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Rock Tomb

"Hi i'm a user who relies on pony to check standard Pawniard" - most users then they're surprised when they get fucked up by lord Rock Tomb Pawn, Rock Tomb has the benefit of both slowing Pony down and being a noncontact move, meaning it basically takes out Pony for the match. Knock Off is super strong when LO boosted as is Iron head, and Sucker is vicious priority. This cripples Gunk, Pony, and most switchins, pair it with Snivy to kill lots of things. Adamant because the 15 - 16 speed difference isnt super important for wallbreaker pawn in my experience.

doomsday doink

@

Pawniard @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
Evs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Ivs: 0 HP
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Rock Tomb

"Hi i'm a user who relies on pony to check standard Pawniard" - most users then they're surprised when they get fucked up by lord Rock Tomb Pawn, Rock Tomb has the benefit of both slowing Pony down and being a noncontact move, meaning it basically takes out Pony for the match. Knock Off is super strong when LO boosted as is Iron head, and Sucker is vicious priority. This cripples Gunk, Pony, and most switchins, pair it with Snivy to kill lots of things. Adamant because the 15 - 16 speed difference isnt super important for wallbreaker pawn in my experience.
The bigger the orb, the bigger the damage y/n

Gastly @ Air Balloon
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 116 HP / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball / HP Fighting
- Substitute

Shittiest thing ever but so funny. Pumpkaboo isn't enough offensive for u ? Try Air Balloon Gastly !
It works once really easily on a switch, two because he can take a Rock Slide and outspeed + 2HKO him with Energy Ball (OHKO with Life Orb).
Drilbur for C- imo.

Last edited:
Gastly @ Air Balloon
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 116 HP / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Substitute

Shittiest thing ever but so funny. Pumpkaboo isn't enough offensive for u ? Try Air Balloon Gastly !
It works once really easily on a switch, two because he can take a Rock Slide and outspeed + 2HKO him with Energy Ball (OHKO with Life Orb).
Drilbur for C- imo.
Seems fun on paper but why use Energy Ball when Shadow Ball has an almost guaranteed 2HKO too? And you're saying that Energy Ball OHKOs with Life Orb but Gastly has an Air Balloon not a Life Orb ?_?

Life Orb Dril Yagura :) . Shadow Ball, you said, is almost a 2HKO. I don't like risks that why I'm not using Sball for the kill, but I will add HP fighting.

doomsday doink

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Def / 160 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Beam

If you've played me recently, you've probably seen me with this set. 14 Speed but still bulky lets Porygon check VoltTurn super well and it bops everything we its three coverage moves. Also checks sun pretty well and bops Chloro mons with Ice Beam. Fun set 10/10 try it if you like winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)