New Discovery on Cloning

This trick allows you to evolve pokémon that need to be traded by yourself.

Basically, when you try to clone a pokemon that evolves through a trade(i.e. haunter/kadabra), it will evolve when you pull the clone out of the GTS. This also works with pokémon that need to be traded holding specific items, as long as the pokemon that is being cloned is holding the item obviously.

So, to give a brief example, say you want to clone a rhydon and a protector. First you put it in GTS, holding the protector. Do the whole trading glitch stuff. If you're successful, you should have a rhydon/protector in your party and in your GTS deposit. When you remove the GTS one, it'll evolve for some reason. Pretty convenient imo.

Thanks I didn't know this, Im going to try it with other rare items like dusclops with reaper cloth.

Wait wouldn't this also work if you were to just... upload a pokemon to the gts normally, then take it out again? I mean, you don't get the clone, but you would still evolve your pokemon, right?

Gamefreak really screwed up this time lol

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Try trading with someone else first (on the GTS), and take the pogey back. I've tested this with Machoke, haven't tried with item trade evo pokemon

I needed to do the same thing Jibaku and it works.

Last week I put a Dusclops up with Reaper cloth (after reading about it on gamefaqs) and took it back immediatly and it remained the same.

Next I put it up, made a separate trade (obviously by searching for a different pogey), completed said trade, then took Dusclops back and it evolved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)