New OU Team

Hi, I just finished making my newest OU team and I need some help with finishing touches.

Team at a glance: Rotom-W, Porygon2 Reuniclus, Gliscor, Terrakion, Scizor

I'm fairly new to teambuilding and competitive battling in general so I'll jump right into it.

Rotom-W. Nickname: Candlewax
Ability:Levitate
EV's: (This is the EV spread that im unsure about most as I dont know what kind of rotom compliments the team better)
240HP, 60SpAtt, 200SpDef
(+SpAtt, -Att)
Item- Leftovers
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split

Rotom's job, in my view, is to generally lead and volt switch, keeping up momentum and threatening many weather leads such as politoed and t-tar/hippowdon, and also firing off a Burn in the direction of any switch in such as Ferrothorn. Also with the SpDef invested he can take hits pretty well and pain split up to a good amount of HP. However, as I said before, I am unsure of the current EV spread and set in general. A further look at the team will help to decide what form of rotom-w to run.

Porygon2. Nickname Lando
Ability: Trace
EV's: 252HP, 252SpDef, 4SpAtt
(+SpDef, -Att)
Item- Eviolite
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover
Toxic

Porygon's role in the team is to tank as many special hits as necessary and to slap a toxic on opposing pokemon. Also, with eviolite and good defenses, porygon can take Draco Meteors and in some cases Superpowers while recovering off the damage and laughing at the Stat drops of its foes. I enjoy using Porygon as it is a solid wall and pairs well with gliscor. One Change I contemplated is swapping toxic for Thunder Wave, as Gliscor already packs toxic.

Terrakion. Nickname Bull
Ability: Justified
EV's: 252Att, 252Spd, 4SpDef
(+Spd, -SpAtt)
Item: Choice Band
Close Combat
Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Quick Attack

Terrakion is the most recent member to this team(Hence the poor Nickaming), replacing DDNite (who replaced Slow Trick room aided BandedNite), as Dragonite did not work as well due to the lack of a spinner on the team. Anyway, Terrakions job is to basically punch holes into the opposing team and weaken it as much as possible, which seems to be his job on most teams.

Reuniclus. Nickname Jellybaby
Ability: Magic Guard
EV's: 252HP, 252SpAtt, 2SpDef, 0IV's Spd
(+SpAtt, -Spd)
Item: Focus Sash
Psychic
Hidden Power[Fire]
Focus Blast
Trick Room

Reuniclus is essentially my Sweep Stopper and Trick Room Sweeper at the same time. If all goes wrong and an opposing pokemon has set up enough to outspeed and kill my remaining pokes, reuniclus steps in and sets up a trick room so it can retaliate the next turn and either kill or hurt the opposing pokemon. Obviously in the event of a pokemon with priority, Reuniclus abandons the TR and goes straight for an attack to hopefully disrupt the sweep attempt.

Gliscor. Nickname Clampion
Ability: Poison Heal
EV's: 252HP, 252Def, 4Att
(+Def, -SpAtt)
Item: Toxic Orb
Earthquake
Stealth Rocks
Toxic
Protect

Gliscor is the defensive wall of the team, and also the stealth rocker, since there wasnt much options other than terrakion and that isnt favourable. Also with protect, Gliscor can be an effective scout for choice users and HP[Ices]. And with Toxic, it can cut down the survivability of switch ins to counter gliscor. However, the most troublesome pokemon for this set to deal with is skarmory, so double switches to rotom (or hard switches) are usually my way of taking on skarmorys.

Scizor. Nickname Psycho
Ability: Technician
EV's: 240HP, 252Att, 4Def, 12Spd
(+Att, -SpAtt)
Item: Choice Band
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Pursuit
Superpower

Scizor is the main revenge killer of the team with priority BP and U-Turn for keeping up momentum. Thats all there is to this set really. (However, im not sure if an SD set would be more beneficial)

Thats my team right now, I hope you have some suggestions and constructive criticism for me. Thanks for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)