New team, haven't made one in a while

This is my newest team and I know there are a lot of places I went wrong with it so I'm posting it here to get fixes made before I take it on shoddy.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 86 ATK / 80 DEF / 92 SpD
Nature: Sassy
Gyro Ball
Hypnosis
Stealth Rock
Earthquake

Okay so I led zong because it is a good lead and allows me to try/get a pokemon of my opponents asleep which my previous OU team didn't have. (didn't have room for it) I'm debating on whether to change EQ with Explosion but I'm not sure about it.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP 220 DEF 36 SpAttk
Nature: Bold
Leech Seed
Thunder Wave
Recover
Grass Knot

Celebi is kinda self explanatory. I have T-Wave on it so I can cripple whatever is out. I put the 36 into special attack just so grass knot could do a bit more and with t-wave I really don't need speed that much.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP / 252 DEF / 68 SpA
Nature: Bold
Wish
Surf
Ice Beam
Protect

Vaporeon give me some wish support but I'm kinda questioning on how defensive it can really be. Will it be able to pull off the roll of taking special hits with celebi? or should I change up the EV spread a bit? This one is questionable.

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
Fire Blast
Explosion
Hidden Power [Ice]
Earth Power

The ever popular Scarftran. This slot used to be Deoxys-Speed but after some fixes from people Heatran deserved a spot in this team more than Deoxys did. He completes the synergy of Celetran and I love how he can cover everyone else and he looks like he will work well. A pretty standard set, and when this set eventually sees shoddy battle, the extra speed will help me against skymin.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Nature: Naughty
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw (or Outrage for when Platinum comes out or on Shoddy)
Earthquake
Fire Blast

DD Mence, will hit hard with a DD Dragon Claw and such a high attack stat and will hit even harder with an Outrage. Earthquake is for coverage along with stone edge but I'm considering dropping stone edge with roost. idk why, the life orb may make him die earlier than I want.

@ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Rest
Sleep Talk
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge

Absorbs sleep and can kill stuff in its sleep. I've been wanting to try a Rest Talk Machamp for a long time. Dynamic Punch so I can confuse whatever I'm attacking and if I'm asleep possibly stop them from hitting me until I wake up.

So that's my team, feel free to rip this thing apart and change natures, pokes, items, moves, whatever you feel is necessary to make this team a little bit better =)

Seems like a decent team, with mainly minor issues.

The first is that your team really, really doesn't like Scizor (Swords Dance nor Choice Band). I would use a more bulky Salamence, possibly with Fire Fang. However, with a Stealth Rock weakness, you will need Roost. Something like Fire Fang / Outrage / Roost / Dragon Dance or Earthquake. With an EV spread of 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 Spe. This way, you will take 45.19% - 53.25% from a +1 (Swords Dance and Intimidate) Scizor's Life Orb Bullet Punch, a 0.07% chance to KO the next turn when you consider Leftovers. This makes a good counter, as if you switch in and the opponent doesn't Swords Dance, but Bullet Punches you will take a mere 20.26% - 24.16%, so you can Fire Fang or Roost next turn. If you take Stealth Rock damage, things get a bit trickier, but you should still be able to survive and Fire Fang. Stealth Rock is something you should look out for though. The biggest worry is that you lose high offensive power, but if you still carry Dragon Dance, hopefully you will be able to utilize it. You also lose Stone Edge. If you do run Fire Fang, Heatran will also resist your attacks, but you carry Vaporeon so you should be okay.

Shaymin-S seems worrying if it sets up a Substitute, so extra SpD on Bronzong won't go a miss, especially as Vaporeon isn't running much (and you questioned the Special Defense orientation of Vaporeon). It will leave you a little more susceptible to Salamence's Fire Fangs, but most of the time they will probably Dragon Dance.

Again, seems like a decent enough team, albeit with a scizor weakness, as posted above. My main concern was mence's set. It does not need stone edge, and Fire Fanb/Blast would be much better, as it would allow you to hit skarm and bronzong better. Personally I would go fire blast for the OHKO on skarm, with a +ATK - SP. Def nature, ( I forget which that one is). Up to you.

Also, it seems to me that deoxys doesn't have much synergy with the rest of your team. Sure he's a great late game sweeper but eh. I'd either swap recover on to that moveset for more survivability, or switch him out for the ever popular scarftran so you can get some nice synergy with celetran, plus flash fire+water absorb with vaporeon.

Hmm alright, I'll consider swapping Deoxys out for Heatran. I was going to use celetran but any ape with decent prediction can wreck it easy. I do also need some way of dealing with this Skymin threat that people have been talking about. (I actually haven't had the chance to get in shoddy this whole month with computer trouble and everything) I'd like to hear one more persons input on the switch of Heatran and Deoxys before putting it into full effect but looking on marrilands team builder, the numbers look a lot better with heatran there.

EDIT- I just changed the Mences nature and swapped Stone Edge for Fire Blast. How about the bulky spread, do you think I'd need it?

dont replace bulky mence just change the EV spread to a mix mence

252speed

28 atk

230spatk

roost

flamethrower

earthquake

draco meteor

Hasty or naughty with life orb

I don't understand for the life of me why you want to get rid of mence. What the posters above say is NOT a strict instruction manual, only suggestions, and you should not follow everything they say. Salamence is, in essence, your only main sweeper. Don't deny this thing an opportunity. Give it a few battles and it will pay off.
Actually when I first read that post I read it wrong so yeah I think I'll keep it as a DD mence unless you guys suggest otherwise. Also what do you think about the 36 IV's for Celebi, where should they go? With T-Wave I don't think I'd need to have them in Speed because that's the purpose of T-Wave I think. Also what about HP Electric on Vaporeon? Do you think I should put that on him over Ice Beam?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)