New Team Suggestions?

I'm building a team in Pokemon team and I want to make sure that I have all my bases covered before I actually start training. As of right now they are all level 1 and have the natures that I want. If you can give me any suggestions about their movesets, nature/Ev's, or if I should take a pokemon out as well as backing it up with a logical explanation it would be appreciated. My projected team is going to look like this:

Greninja/Protean
Modest (shiny ohh yeah)
Quick Claw/Mystic Water
252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
-Mat Block
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump/Surf
A) He has decent speed that will make him a formidable and fitting partner for double battles.
B) His Mat Block creates a plethora of openings and opportunities for other members of my team (swords dance for blaziken, rain dance for Goodra etc)
C) His Protean ability will make him somewhat unpredictable to type correctly

Blaziken/Speed Boost
Adamant
Blazikenite
252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
-Hone Claws/Swords Dance
-Blaze Kick/Flare Blitz
-Hi Jump Kick/Sky Uppercut
-Protect
A) While Greninja Mat Blocks a Swords Dance + Speed boost every turn will make him the center of the field in most cases.
B) With Hone Claws High Jump Kick quickly goes from high to low risk in that accuracy goes up reducing chances of major recoil damage AND the added attack will almost certainly end in a OHKO or 2HKO.
C) Having my term being diversed when it comes to typing put him as a priority with having a fire/fighting (partially because of my bias.)

Tyranitar/Sand Stream
Adamant:Impish
Assault Vest
252 Attack/252 HP/6 SpD:252 HP/252 Def/6 Attack
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Thunder Wave/Hidden Power/Focus Punch
A) Ranking at around #7 on the Overall Stat list according to Serebii, I don't see why not have him. He is destructive AND can take hits
B) Although the above is true, he is a tight squeeze in my team considering sand stream will affect everyone except Metagross and his sig move Earthquake will hit everyone except for Togekiss, however I felt that his overall power compensates for and justifies his drawbacks.
C) His ability to tank is unbelievable, with his second EV spread (Impish), I've taken consecutive Dazzling Gleams and Moonblasts, He withstood an Aura Sphere from Mewtwo X, and dozens of other hits that should take out any Rock/Dark type. An all around great backup to have on the team if not at least a last resort (though admittedly OU)

Metagross
Adamant
Life Orb
252 Attack/252 HP/4 SpD
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt/Bullet Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Meteor Mash
A) He is another decent tank who can also dish out damage (though not proportionally well as Tyranitar.)
B) He is a good anti-fairy type, and one of the only really good steel types in my opinion. Plus his Psychic typing reduces his vulnerability to fighting types (which are quite common), however because Steel is no longer resistant to dark types that provides him with another weakness (not quite sure how common that is.)
C) Bullet Punch combined with a Life Orb compensates for his lack of speed and doubles up on the power that bullet punch originally lacks (not literally but pretty well.)

Goodra
Sassy
Damp Rock
252 Sp Def/252 HP/4 Sp Attack
-Draco Meteor/Toxic
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Rest
A) Conceptually I felt Goodra was a good tank that I wanted to have plus the dragon that filled most of the void in that particular area. Hydration with Rain Dance with the help of Greninja's Mat Block can keep it on the field for awhile with the usage of Rest
B) In addition, the Rain Dance coupled with Thunder (though it is limited when it comes to typing) will ensure that I'm doing a decent amount of damage for the lack of Sp Attack I didn't invest in, in order to make it a tank, because with the Rain thunder never misses.
C) Plus, if I won't make a lot of stretches in attacking I might as well go out with a bang with Draco Meteor OR poison people making them extremely vulnerable.

Togekiss
Modest
King's Rock
252 SpAttk/252 SpD/6 HP
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Nasty Plot
-Dazzling Gleam/Ancient Power/Thunder Wave/Roost
A) Although I just thought of adding him to the team (which would explain a lot of the discrepancies with my decisions in his EV Spread and moveset) It made sense. I was missing a flying and fairy type and then I saw him and decided why not. All the forums I looked at to get a figure on how his EV spread should go and his moveset were based on the pretenses that he lacked Fairy typing (as they were from Generation prior to VI.)
B) Air Slash+Serene Grace+King's Rock I've been told holds a 70% chance of flinching. Aura sphere is good coverage for Rock, Steel, and Ice types. Nasty plot is just disgusting with Togekiss (or so I've heard) Now the real discrepancy is the last move slot. Some say to add Thunder Wave so that I can compensate for his low speed the spam flinch with Air Slash, some say Ancient Power is a good alternative, my argument is why have a fairy type if he has no fairy moves but is that enough to justify removing Thunder Wave or Roost to keep him on the field.
C) He is another Tank that is very capable of dishing out damage and has good potential in being a special sweeper. Another good pair up with Greninja's handy dandy Mat Block

Admittedly I haven't completely tested out this team, I'm restarting the game and using this team for the run through. I have tested out what I can with Greninja, Blaziken, Tyranitar, Metagross, and Goodra though not collectively and they were missing typings and IV's which I've just gotten taken care of, I came to these forums to help rid any doubt or any other ideas on what to do and what decisions to make. Any advice backed with reason and experience is appreciated as well as any insight. Again Thank you so much for you time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)