New to XY battling help me out!

THE TEAM!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll (Thick Fat)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp.Def
Nature: Bold
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

Venusaur is the tank of the team and has provided good results in holding off those that would usually dominate a few of my other pokemon. He has great sustain and with very little weaknesses he is a great staler. Put sludge bomb in replacement of synthesis because that much sustain was not necessary and I am very happy with the turn out.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp.Def
Nature: Bold
-Foul Play
-Defog
-Roost
-Taunt

By far one of my favorite pokemon on this team with it's not so little buffs. Overcoat now being immune to powders make it safe to start off with. Foul play now being breedable makes it a not safe to try to set up on with sword dance or any other status enhancing moves. Lastly with defog you are guaranteed to get those pesky hazards off the board with very little they can do to stop you.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wing
EVs:124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Bulk up
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Roost

Priority has been a great help to me and having a healing and great damage dealing move with priority makes it that much better! Talonflame has been able to sweep a few teams I have played against once he gets a single bulk up going and has been a great asset otherwise. Only issue he really has is with stealth rocks but with Mandibuzz on my team that is hardly an issue.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Ev's: 252 Atk/4 Hp/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Icicle Crash
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock

Being fast and heavy on the attack side make it great to lead with depending on what they are running or a nice switch in depending on what they have out. Focus sash is there to insure that at least stealth rocks will go down as well as an ice shard. Not to much else to say about him he has been a great help and having a guaranteed stealth rock has been just as much help as well.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 HP/ 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Dark Pulse
-Draco Meteor
-Flash Cannon
-Fire Blast

Hydreigon has been a favorite of mine since he first came out and with high Sp.Atk and Speed he is a force to be reckoned with. With the introduction of fairy i thought it was appropriate to give him a possible out to that problem with flash cannon as well as it being able to hurt another one of his issues as ice. I would prefer him to have life orb but until I find a suitable replacement on Talonflame or a better item for Hydreigon i'm kind of low on options.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EV's: 240 HP / 196 Def / 72 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Will-O-Wisp
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Rest

Changed to Rotom-W due to suggestions. Have been getting good results since the switch but haven't battled enough with it on the team to say if the change itself is causing the success. Have been able to switch in to problems and take high damage attacks without it getting 2HKO'd really happy with the turnout.

Almost anything here is subject to change so any impute on why something should be take out or what should be changed and why would be of great help. Thanks for taking the time to read this and thank you in advanced for any advice!

Last edited:
Really looking for any advice at all on what I should or could change around to possibly make this a better team.

Hello.

Pretty interesting team you have here,Ilike the use of Mega Venusaur as a wall so props to you on that.Well first of all I see that your team has a slight weakness to opposing Talonflame so to help remedy that I recommend you try out Rotom-Wash over your Azumarill since I personally find Azumarill a bit underwhelming and he really can't switch directly into a +2 Brave Bird,while Rotom-Wash extremely walls any Talonflame set.

On Venusaur try out Sludge Bomb over Synthesis as it provides great coverage against Fairy types and it can wall any Azumarill set which works well and it provides another form of STAB.

On Hydreigon I suggest you try out Life Orb over Assault Vest since on Hydreigon Assault Vest doesn't really benefit it that much and try out Superpower over Flash Cannon because your Hydreigon set is extremely walled by any Tyranitar with Assault Vest or Special Defensive investment,and if you plan on running Superpower run a Hasty Nature.

Rotom set:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
EV's: 240 HP / 196 Def / 72 Spe
IV: 0 Atk
-Will-O-Wisp
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Rest/Pain Split

Hope my suggestions were helpful or at least thought-provoking.

It was an honor rating your team! :D

Last edited:
Ok i actually have a Rotom-W with that set already set up except i had protect instead of rest so i will change that and switch that out after playing around with it a bit with it. If i were to put life orb on hydreigon what would you recommend putting on Talonflame?

I recommend you run Leftovers/Sharp Beak on Talonflame if you want recovery or more damage,Life Orb and recoil moves are a horrible combo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)