new UU team

after hearing about all these new updates to the UU, i (like everyone else) decided to have a go at it. so here goes...

Puffy (Medicham) (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Endure: Used to help get his health down to 1 to set up a sweep

- Fake Out: Always good for a lead, as it is simply quick damage

- Reversal: My main thing this set is based around, getting down then starting the sweep

- Zen Headbutt: For ghosts and other things that Reversal cant hit.

Medicham used here as a suicide lead usually nabs atleast one kill per match. Can catch people off guard quite easily.

Leaf Stone? (Leafeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP/20 Def/236 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Leaf Blade: Primary form of offense for him

- Wish: He acts as my wish passer, hopefully helping someone get another sweep

- Swords Dance: Can be deadly if passed to either Swellow, Absol or Blaziken

- Baton Pass: Obviosly the move that does the passing. also occasionally means that instead of the person coming in taking the damage, this guy can.

My wish/swords dance passer. Comes in, uses SD, then wish, then passes the +2 attack and wish to the upcoming sweeper

Swallow (Swellow) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

-Protect: Uses this to activate his Flame orb.

- Facade: After Guts, STAB and its own boost, this attack ends up getting huge damage on whatever may get in its way

- Brave Bird: Also with Guts and STAB behind it, this can take out the ghosts that Facade doesn't hit.

- Steel Wing: Coverage against rock

Swellow is a great poke. It acts as one of my two recivers of SD, with it he can be very deadly

Hitler (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/200 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Earthquake: Good for damge against such things as the now popular Drapion.

- Explosion: if Registeel looks like he's gunna collapse, he does it with a bang. Even with his poor attack this leaves a large dent in whoever it hits.

- Ice Punch: Even though Altaria is the only UU dragon now (not counting NFE's) this move comes in handy against CB Staraptor and Swellow.

- Stealth Rock: This move is a huge asset to any team, and Registeel does a great job of getting it up everytime

Registeel is basically my move abosrber. He comes in, takes the hits like the man he is, then helps supprt the rest of the team with Stealth Rock.

Chicken Tonight (Blaziken) (M) @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/212 Spd/46 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Vacuum Wave: Makes up for Blaziken's not-so-high speed and a reliable finisher

- Sky Uppercut: Nice high powered STAB. Helps with Regis and Clefable

- Blaze Kick: STAB fire move. used to be flare blitz.

- Thunderpunch: Helps to deal with those pesky waters thinking they can just come in on him

Great reciever of SD, also my main wall breaker in this team.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 124 HP/ 252 Def/ 132SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Surf: Good STAB, good coverage

- Ice Beam: To make the ever abundant flyers in the new UU fear his name

- Toxic: Chosen over Hypnosis for accuracy,helps out-stall other bulky waters

- Recover: Always useful

Helpls cover the weakness to fires that i have been experincing

The main idea of this team is to get an SD to Swellow or Blaziken who can then set up for a sweep.

EDIT: changes in Blod

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
use flame orb on swellow since its ability stops the burn from lowering attack and still gives the guts boost

Nice team bro. Though here is some of my input...

Medicham- Cool lead. No complaints.

Leafeon- Looks Solid

Swellow- You need to ditch either Protect or U-Turn for Baton Pass to keep things rolling.

Registeel- Consider a Sleep Talk set to help increase longevity.

Blaziken- Since he is generally a target of Swords Dance why not give him Mach Punch.

Absol- While he has great attack he is relatively frail. Which seems to plague this team. I'd recomend Slowbro, Slowking, Spiritomb, or Milotic to help out this team. Something to pair up with registeel for support reasons.

Nice team bro. Though here is some of my input...

Medicham- Cool lead. No complaints.

Leafeon- Looks Solid

Swellow- You need to ditch either Protect or U-Turn for Baton Pass to keep things rolling.

Registeel- Consider a Sleep Talk set to help increase longevity.

Blaziken- Since he is generally a target of Swords Dance why not give him Mach Punch.

Absol- While he has great attack he is relatively frail. Which seems to plague this team. I'd recomend Slowbro, Slowking, Spiritomb, or Milotic to help out this team. Something to pair up with registeel for support reasons.

mmmm. ill get rid of u-turn on swellow, since it doesnt get used much anyway.
sleep talk sounds good. just what move should i replace?
urmm...Blaziken can't learn mach punch, thats why i went with vaccum wave.

and i like the sound of a Milotic, how does this sound...

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 124 HP/252 Def/132 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Recover
- Toxic
- Surf

helps cover my weakness to moltres and charizard

Medicham is kinda a Gimmick, as in it would work well if not for some other feature and is a not often seen set. It won't pull off endure as it is pretty slow. Focus Sash might work better although you lose Salac. I dunno about that, it might be good, it might not.

Swellow should NOT use Baton Pass. Wasted slot and it laready has a bad case of four-slot syndrome anyways. If your recieving SD then Steel Wing is more useful here as it will sometimes let you score a big hit against a rock type or neutral against Aggron/Probo/Basti, along with guts, whereas Brave Bird is just free damage for the foe (onto you with recoil), with redundant coverage if you have Facade, compared to Steel Wing.

I liek the Registeel set, I must say. I normally would not comment on pokes that are fine, but this deserved a mention, because I love seeing Registeel who is often ignored in standard when really he is great.

Always Agility on Blaziken, it's too good to miss. Diitch Vacuum wave. If you want to go mix then use Flamethrower over Flare Blitz. If you go for pure Physical then replace Flare Blitz with Blaze Kick to avoid recoil. If your recieving SD then teh damage should be pretty hardcore anyway but teh recoil will increase. the foe has only a set amount of HP it will take, which is generally hit by Blaze Kick, but teh recoil will not stop increasing and bases itself around the literal percent damage it should do, if the foe had the HP to take it,not the actual damage it took. So if an attack would do 200% damage then the recoil would be (on a 25% recoil move) 50%, not just 25% (keeping in mind that the foe only really took 100%, it just should have taken 200% and would have if it could have). Sorry if this is confusing. Oh, and change the nature as appropriate.

The above person is right about Absol. It is relatively frail, and your team has no bulky pokes besides Registeel and possibly leafeon, but without protect it will take too many SE hits with Raikou, Staraptor, Slow brothers, Milotic, Blaziken, enemy Leafeon etc. running around who all run SE moves that hit grass types. So put in a bulky water or Tomb. It is up to personal preference, but I believe they are all down to personal preference.

And the Milotic set you said is... mediocre. I would avoid Double Status with milotic as it is a bda case of four moveslot syndrome (but what bulky water isn't?), go for one or the other. Always run Surf and Ice Beam/HP [fire/electric]. Recover is also too good to miss unless you use a ResTalk set, leaving you with one slot. You can use CM for some handy boosts or you could use a status move to play more of a backseat role but provide some reliable damage. Toxic and Hypnosis are ideal but Hypnosis has recently been totally nerfed since it's accuracy is only now 60 (thats why I still do all of my battles on Pearl xD). Or, as a fun gimmick to provide some annoying stalling techniques, change the item to Flmae Orb to spam marvel scale, max the speed and make the last slot Aqua Ring. I made this up once, but it rocks.

Medicham is kinda a Gimmick, as in it would work well if not for some other feature and is a not often seen set. It won't pull off endure as it is pretty slow. Focus Sash might work better although you lose Salac. I dunno about that, it might be good, it might not.
Thats not true. Endure has priority so it works =o

Always Agility on Blaziken, it's too good to miss. Diitch Vacuum wave. If you want to go mix then use Flamethrower over Flare Blitz. If you go for pure Physical then replace Flare Blitz with Blaze Kick to avoid recoil. If your recieving SD then teh damage should be pretty hardcore anyway but teh recoil will increase. the foe has only a set amount of HP it will take, which is generally hit by Blaze Kick, but teh recoil will not stop increasing and bases itself around the literal percent damage it should do, if the foe had the HP to take it,not the actual damage it took. So if an attack would do 200% damage then the recoil would be (on a 25% recoil move) 50%, not just 25% (keeping in mind that the foe only really took 100%, it just should have taken 200% and would have if it could have). Sorry if this is confusing. Oh, and change the nature as appropriate.

And the Milotic set you said is... mediocre. I would avoid Double Status with milotic as it is a bda case of four moveslot syndrome (but what bulky water isn't?), go for one or the other. Always run Surf and Ice Beam/HP [fire/electric]. Recover is also too good to miss unless you use a ResTalk set, leaving you with one slot. You can use CM for some handy boosts or you could use a status move to play more of a backseat role but provide some reliable damage. Toxic and Hypnosis are ideal but Hypnosis has recently been totally nerfed since it's accuracy is only now 60 (thats why I still do all of my battles on Pearl xD). Or, as a fun gimmick to provide some annoying stalling techniques, change the item to Flmae Orb to spam marvel scale, max the speed and make the last slot Aqua Ring. I made this up once, but it rocks.

With the Blaziken ive found that , because of his Frail-ness, he wouldnt have enough time to set up the Agility, though thanks for the suggestion with Blaze Kick.

As for the Milotic i edited it a bit and went for toxic

how well do u think that this would work as a replacement for swellow...

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk/88 Def/168 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Thunderpunch

its a lot bulkier so more likely to survive the switch.

how well do u think that this would work as a replacement for swellow...

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Thunderpunch

its a lot bulkier so more likely to survive the switch.
Not Close Combat. You don't want to lose Hariyama's bulk, even if the defence drops usually occur after the foe attacks. Instead, since Hariyama's bulk allows it to survive a lot of hits well and scare off some of the weaker attackers, maybe try a sub punch set instead. If not, then replace Close Combat with Cross Chop or Revenge. Since you plan on using it to replace Swellow, you want it to stay in with the SD boost for as long as possible, and defence drops will hinder that.

ooh thats an idea. i might go with the sub-puncher set...

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Ice Punch
- Focus Puch
- Thunderpunch

still keeps its coverage this way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)