New version

Hello again. I recently posted my problem regarding not being able to see my moves. It is because I do not have the appropriate version of Java to serve my needs (which greatly confuses me, because I've seen it work before). I decided to post this new thread, instead of raising my old thread.

Well, the problem is the same, but I have a different question regarding it. I have Java 5.0 installed on my Mac. It does not allow me to see my moves. So I now ask...exactly what versions will allow me to see my moves.

Before redirecting me to the sticky that covers this topic, please note that the sticky did NOT help me. I may need it re-explained. I need to know exactly what update/download to download in order for Shoddy to run AND run properly. The name of the specific Software Update that will allow this to happen would be greatly appreciated.

Note: Because my computer is not 64-bit capable, Java SE 6 CANNOT be downloaded to it.

Thanks for putting up with me.

I cannot select moves. Or switch pokemon. Basically anything to do with the battle. Only the chat works.

Heh, move animation would be crazy-awesome in Shoddy :P

I'm having the same exact issue, and I also looked at the troubleshooting thread. Hell I even posted in it but no one replied...

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
If you select your version of Java as per explained in the sticky, it should work just fine. Trust me. I have a Mac and had that same exact issue.

The reason the sticky has not helped me is because I do not have that version of Java to select. I need to know how to acquire it.

This is my screen:

Now, I put the 1.4.2 at the top and checkmarked it, and I uncheckmarked all the other ones. Tried running shoddy, wouldn't even open. I tried putting the 1.4 at the top, and had all the versions checkmarked,including the 1.4, shoddy won't even open.

When I don't put 1.4 at the top or checkmark it, shoddy opens and I have the issue of not being able to see movesets, like the OP.

What is going on?

Yup. Tried the same thing as the 1.4--as in, put it at the top, had them as the only things checkboxed, won't even launch. Put it at the top, checkboxed it along with everything else, won't even launch.

Sigh. I've tried just about everything on that screen that I posted and so far nothing works.

Perhaps someone using a mac can give me a screenshot of -exactly- what their java preferences looks like?

Meh, unfortunately the first post covers this. Why the advice isn't working for me is beyond me.
Yeah but newer versions of the Mac OS don't look like that. As evidenced by my post that showed a picture of my screen; I've stated I've tried, as the post suggests, dragging 1.6 or 1.4 to the top and that does nothing, checkboxed or not. Hell when I do that it won't even start, nevermind my problem with not being able to see the movelists.

I would do just that, but the problem is I never actually installed Shoddy, nor did I know you could. I have to go to the download link on shoddybattle.com in order to access the program.

Sorry for the DP.

Upon close collaborated inspection, it was discovered that the last and final update of Java to my 32-bit capable computer not only gave me a version of Java that was incapable of running Shoddy properly (aka battles without moves), but also permanently destroyed the version of Java that DID run it properly. I have no versions of Java capable of running a proper battle, and there are no more versions that will be made for my computer.

Long story short, technology banned me and my four year old computer from Shoddy.

I only double posted to call this thread closed. Unless anyone else has a suggestion, I'm done here.

Not to sound late or anything, there is something called Virtual Machines. You can download a trial of VMWare Fusion, and get/download a Windows 7 Disk/Beta and run that. Install Java on that, you can play it on a virtual winodws just fine. CPU will not affect the java from there. You can also Dual-Boot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)