Newest OU Team

alright i have about 4 months of experience and wanted to know how good this team is so far. I have won more than i lost but i need outside opinions.

Rotom-W Timid/ Levitate
Held item: Choice Scarf
EV: 252 speed/252 special attack
Role: Trick Crippler/Lead/Annoying Volt switch

moveset:
Volt Switch
Hidden Power Fire
Hydro Pump
Trick

Ok so Rotom is my Lead. The only time that Rotom wouldnt be my lead is if i was facing a more stally team then mew would be but regardless. this rotom has the role of simply volt switching and trying to trick the opponent and cripple one of their pokemon. I usually only trick onto either a wall or a pokemon that cant hurt my team. Rotom hits hard and is probally the best water type to use during sandstorm weather. He is also very good for scouting to see what plays the opponent might make.

Dragonite Adamant/ Multiscale
Held Item: Choice Band
EV: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Role: Late Game/ Heavy Hitter

Moveset:
ExtremeSpeed
Outrage
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Dragonite here for one reason and one reason only. To come in and hit hard!!! Choice banded max attack dragonite can hit anything hard. Not many pokemon want to take a outrage and for those that resist it hey probally dont want to take a fire punch. Yes i know that having the sandstorm on my team will break my multiscale but even without multiscale dragonite is still a good pokemon. You can simply determine a pokemon based on its ability. Even without Multiscale Dragonite will punch hard through many teams. he is also a very good revenge killer with extreemspeed as it has 2 priority. With dragonites massive attack it can revenge kill easily with espeed.

Tyranitar Careful/ sand stream
Held Item: Chople berry
Ev: 252 hp/ 252 special defense
Role: Special wall. Sets up sand so opponent doesnt have weather advanatge

Moveset:
Stealth Rocks
pursuit
fire Blast
Superpower

I have tyranitar here for a couple of reasons. 1. if my opponent isnt using weather then they might predict him as a lead to get my weather up which means ill probally have the advantage. 2. it helps me alot aganist other weather teams usch as rain or sun. i cant cancel out their weather so that they dont benefit in it. Now if my opponent is using a sand team then its pretty stupid to have ttar but regardless it is my special wall and it gets a special defense boost in the sand. So my ttar is here to sponge hits and negate weather.

Gliscor Impish/ Toxic Heal
held item: Toxic Orb
Ev: 252 hp/ 184 defense/ 72 Speed
Role: Physical Wall and Toxic stall

Moveset:
toxic
Substitute
protect
earthquake

This may not be the most standard Gliscor set but it works well. With the desired speed evs i can outspeed most defensive gliscors. Also being able to stall pokemon with toxic and subsitute is a bonus. With Gliscors great physical bulk it can wall even choicebanded terrakions to an extent. it is 2hko by choicebanded stone edge but choiceband terrakion isnt as common as choice scarf terrakion. and this is probally my best wall and counter to terrakions as nothing else on my team wishes to take a hit from terrakion. but then again no1 ever does

Lucario Adamant/ Innerfocus
Held Item: Life Orb
Ev: 252 speed/ 252 attack
Role: Set up Sweeper.

Moveset:
Bullet Punch
Swordsdance
Extremespeed
Close Combat

Now this is porbally the best Lucario set ive used thus far. This lucario right here is how i counter and lure out Terrakions. All i have to do is bring in my lucario on a pokemon that is frightened by it. As they are forced to switch set up swords dance. Now here is where everyone thinks terrakion can beat my lucario. But in Fact a +2 Bullet punch from Lucario OHKO Terrakion every single time. And thus im free to sweep. and with dual priorities and dont have to worry about the lack of speed. This lucarios hits hard and stops terrakions from destroying my team.

Mew Timid/ Synchronize
Held Item: Leftovers
Evs: 252 speed/ 252 HP
Role: Stallbreaker with a twist

Moveset:
Transform
Taunt
Stealthrock
Will-o-Wisp

Now this is a mew set that id like to think i came up with to an extent. I took the basic stallbreaer mew set but changed it. Now you might be thinking why give mew transform. Simple if you can transform on the right pokemon now only do you become a newly offensive threat but most pokemon dont have moves to counter dopplegangers. Also transform copys all stat changes a pokemon may have had and you can begin sweeping. This is by far the most effective mew set ive used. It breaks walls as it wont allow them to set up. It cripples physical attackers with will-o-wisp and then proceed to transform and wreak havock on unexpected teams.

Threat:

It should be no suprised that Terrakion is a threat to my team. If my lucario is taken down it can proceed to OHKO or 2HKO my entire team. this is of course the biggest threat as its a threat to any team. other then Terrakion i cant think of any other threats besides a team with constant weather advantage.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any questions message me at my youtube account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/blackzero2125IsBack?feature=mhee

You need to add descriptions to your pokemon to get full rates. Also you jazz it up a little bit. Usually people rate the RMT's where they can tell people have put their time in too so add pictures and team building. Also add an importable (Pokemon Online Export) of the team. Sorry, but next time read the rules before posting an RMT!

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi blackzero2125

Good first post, pretty solid team you have here. I really like the use of Transform Mew :3. Now looking at your team I see the biggest threats as being Swords Dance Lucario, offensive Dragons especially Dragon Dance Dragonite, and as you mentioned, Terrakion. If either SD Lucario or DD Dragonite is able to pull off a boost, they can really do a number to your team. Terrakion is also able to at least 2HKO your team with its common Choice Band set. Luckily there is a Pokemon that can beat all three of these threats: Donphan. I would recommend using the standard physically defensive set with a moveset of Stealth Rock / Earthquake / Rapid Spin / Ice Shard. With its great base 90 HP and 120 Defense, Donphan can easily tank physical attacks, including Super Effective Ice Punchs from Lucario. Then it can retaliate with Earthquake for Lucario and Terrakion or beat Dragonite with its priority Ice Shard hitting for 4x Super Effective damage. Another benefit to using Donphan is that it is a great Rapid Spin user which will give your Pokemon more opportunities to switch in and out and not be quickly worn down by entry hazards. Deciding who to take out for Donphan is a hard decision. I would think Mew is the most replaceable as Donphan can serve to beat the many physical threats that Mew currently checks but you can definitely play around with who you replace. If you do decide to use Donphan, you can replace Stealth Rock on Tyranitar with an additional coverage move such as Stone Edge because Donphan is bulky enough that it can reliably put up Stealth Rock and there is not much of advantage to having two users of the move on one team.

Now onto some smaller changes. First, I would recommend changing Gliscor’s EV spread to a more speedier spread of 244 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spd with an Impish Nature. With this spread, Gliscor can outspeed Adamant Lucario and dispatch of it with Earthquake before it has any chance to set up. It also outspeeds the onsite Rotom-W set with Will-o-Wisp and Pain Split, letting you Toxic stall it to death if you Substitute or Toxic it as it switches in. Another change I suggest you try out is changing Lucario’s ability from Inner Focus to Justified. Justified is a great ability that gives you a free +1 Attack boost if Lucario is hit by a Dark type attack. Since Lucario already 4x Resists Dark, he will take little damage from the attack itself and allows you to occasionally sweep without even using Swords Dance if you switch in on things like a Tyranitar locked into Crunch. A final change I suggest you try is using HP Ice instead of HP Fire on Rotom-W. HP Ice is good for hitting Dragon types hard and HP Fire is not as essential as you already have Dragonite and Lucario to handle Ferrothorn and Scizor.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Set:

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

tl;dr

Mew ----> Defensive Donphan
Stealth Rock on Tyranitar ----> Stone Edge
Gliscor's EV Spread ----> 244 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spd with an Impish Nature
Inner Focus ability on Lucario ----> Justified
HP Fire on Rotom-W ----> HP Ice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)