Nice Balanced Team (OU)

Hello Smogon,

Today I would like to introduce my new 5gen OU Wifi-Team.
This team has been proven to be pretty solid and generally I do not have any problems at all.
But I’m still willing getting some of your ideas and maybe you do have some nice ideas I could consider off.
If you have the time please let me know what you think about my team and how you would play the one and the other part.
This team has a great balance.
I have battled since Gen4 so I'm not the worst player at all. I would not call myself being a pro but I’m pretty good ;D I know when it’s the time to switch out and when I have to stay in even if my poke gets defeated just to prevent my opponents setup. Anyways here’s the team, enjoy:

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 DEF / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- HP Ice 70

My freekin nice lead. Not only because of his awesome stats, also for his fantastic moves he can learn. Earthquake is the main attack. Stone Edge against flying types and Dragons. And U-Turn is maybe the most used move in this set because it can do so many nice things like popping the opponents Focus Sash with U-Turn and switch out into a counter or get rid of an Air Balloon’s from opposing Heatran leads or just or just switch out from your counter while doing some nice damage due to his impressive Atk. For the last slot HP Ice kills a lot of Dragon Type pokemon and gliscor and opposing Landorus and such. Even with the negative SpATK nature it still has decent 300 Spatk. I do not run Naive because I do not like lowering my defences.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- HP Ice 70
- Earth Power

My fire core and free will-o-wisp/toxic switch in. HP Ice is very surprising on a Heatran and it can do some pretty nice KO’s. Gliscor and Dragonite hates it. Because I do have the HP Ice on Heatran I do not need it on Landorus. Stealth Rock will be used when I expect my opponent to switch out. I just decided for the Flamethrower because it always hits. If fire blast is the better option please let me know. But I think the damage Flamethrower does is enough already and I like to attack without fearing my attacks will not hit (because that just sucks). Earth Power for opposing Heatran and many other threats. My Heatran enjoys getting a Nasty Plot passed later in the game but I will explain that later.

Latios @ Water Jewel
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
-
Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse

Latios. He is the best OU Dragon this gen and deals massive damage with Draco Meteor to any poke not named Blissey. Surf is for coverage and against Fire Type Pokemon. Psyshock is used against Blissey (it deals physical damage) and fighting tpyes. It's also just a Random Nice attack move as well. Latios loves getting a Nasty Plot passed later in the game that's also the reason why I do not run a Choice Set on Latios. People generally expect a choice set on Latios that's an advantage because I can bluff that. Because of that reason after I realized that Expert Belt just sucks, because Latios generally hits just neutrally that makes the expert belt quite useless anyway I decided to go for the Water Jewel just to have a stronger Surf. Surf generally hits 80% of the switch ins neutrally and with the Water Jewel you often just made so much damage (most times over 50%) that you can finish the opposing pokemon off with Draco Meteor. It normally kills it, even if it resist it because the power is just very very much.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Sword Dance

Scizor is one of my favourite team members and will stay forever in my team. His set always has been proven to me to be the best one for me. Standard Choice Band Scizor sets are bad, because they are predictable, and are played around easily. My opponent very often is forced to switch out when locked into an useless attack witch allows me to set up. Also, my Scizor wins nearly every Scizor/Scizor battle. Another Plus on him is that I like his natural bulk. Leftovers are used to keep him live as long as possible that makes him immortal.

Vapoeron @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sdef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

My Vaporeon, my Water core. Everyone hates it J
She supports the complete team and can heal even itself with wish/protect and can stall out opposing pokemon while getting their live drained by toxic. This poke can be very annoying for the opponent as it can recover pokemon on my team that seem to be dead with wish. Scald is the only attack move on here that can burn the opponent if you’re lucky (30% chance). My bulky Vaporeon can tank a lot of hits (even though it does not like electric or grass type moves). It acts as my special and physic wall in my team. If my opponent tries to set up on me I just toxic it and stall it out with protect and wish. Vaporeon also likes gettingt a Nasty Plot passed but Latios and Heatran are the better choices for that.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Baton Pass

So yeah here’s my Celebi. It carries the nasty plot move because it’s an Event Celebi and that move is only available on that special event Celebi and that makes it very rare and special. This Celebi is my Grass core in the team and combined with Vaporeon and Heatran I have a solid fire, water, grass core. Celebi on his own is bulky enough to survive a hit so in round one I generally nearly always go for a nasty plot. The main attack is giga drain on this set that luckily got a damage boost in gen5 up to 75%, it also gets stab, and recovers HP back together with the leftovers. If everything worked fine you just got instant recovery from the attack you might have gotten in the round you have used nasty plot. Then the fun continuous and you can start sweeping with either Giga Drain or Earth Power. Earth Power hits a lot of pokemon for super effective damage such as Heatran.
Baton Pass is a move that noone is expecting and will be used when Celebi gets walled or your opponent switches in a dragon type monster or a counter like scizor/tyranitar. Because Celebi is faster than those threats I can switch out safely with +2 SAtk without fearing the attack (pursuit) and either choose Vaporeon, Heatran or Latios for the switch in.

Mind your language ~

"My lead. He is fucking awesome."

but afterall, it is awesome. Don't you think you should give a bit more bulk to Celebi considering that you want to use baton pass? I've also though that maybe, just maybe, you would like to replace earthpower with Thunderwave. But that's up to you.

btw, I don't see how you would be getting past a toxicroak in rain. You can't change the weather, and sucker punch destroys latios, Landorus and Celebi while Vaporeon is completely useless against it, Scizor gets killed in two hits by drain punch/focuspunch. Same with heatran.

That Celebi is meant to deal a huge amount of damage while draining a lot of life points the same time. The more power Giga Drain has the more life points you will get back. More defense is always good no need to talk about that - but not for the cost in speed or attack points. You generally want to attack with Giga Drain with that Celebi, investing EV's into defence would just suck. What I'm trying to say is that defense is always nice to have but a huge attack is much more important.
What I could see working is running a bold nature celebi with EV's in HP and SAtk and not investing into Speed but running Thunder Wave.
But this will cost you one move slot, one etra turn because you need to play thunder wave, and you will only have one attacking move that way which just would suck.
On top of that, I must say that Toxicroak cannot really kill Latios. Sucker Punch never 1HKO's Latios it is no stab move and Latios can withstand it even though it will loose a huge amount of HP. It also could just use Recover and Bluff an attacking move to have sucker punch failed.
But you might be right that this team could have some trouble against rain teams.

On Heatran, Lava Plume>>> Flamethrower. The power difference is hardly noticeable, and Lava Plume has a higher burn chance which comes in handy. Make sure you get timid nature as well.

On latios, if you want to try and "bluff" a choice set, Then why are you using Life Orb? Life Orb pretty much gives it away because of recoil. Expert Belt is better, because of no recoil, and not exposing the bluff.

Well, I do not like the Expert Belt @ Latios... Psychic, Surf, and Draco Meteor are seldom super effective moves so the Expert Belt is quite useless. But I can see the problem with the Life Orb recoil though. What do you think about a Draco or Psychic Jewel? Or Leftovers? Leftovers + Recover could work. HP Fire would be nice to have on Latios but mine doesn't have it. Would need to make a new Latios then. In all honestly I can live without the HP Fire.
75% accuracy that Lava Plume has....I don't like it. I think I'll go with Flamethrower.

Well, I do not like the Expert Belt @ Latios... Psychic, Surf, and Draco Meteor are seldom super effective moves so the Expert Belt is quite useless. But I can see the problem with the Life Orb recoil though. What do you think about a Draco or Psychic Jewel? Or Leftovers? Leftovers + Recover could work. HP Fire would be nice to have on Latios but mine doesn't have it. Would need to make a new Latios then. In all honestly I can live without the HP Fire.
75% accuracy that Lava Plume has....I don't like it. I think I'll go with Flamethrower.
Lava plume has 100% accuracy with a 30% burn chance.
And with Rocks up, Leftovers is going to expose the bluff you are trying to make. Or what about Wise Glasses? They give a 10% boost to all Special moves, Super effective or not.

Hi mate,

Just a couple of quick things I would like to point out that can help your team. First of all, I highly recommend HP ice and Landorus. Naive vs. Jolly nautre really doesn't matter at all... Landorus is not going to be living most special attacks thrown at it anyway. Hammer Arm is not needed because Tyranitar is easily disposed or scared away with a STAB Sand Force Earthquake. The minus 1 speed drop after Hammer Arm makes a sweep impossible because you are now revenged by even slower threats. HP ice lets you hit Gliscor, opposing Landorus and weakened Dragonite (without risking a Stone Edge miss).

Now I think you should try fitting HP fire somewhere on Latios or Celebi because those Volt-Turn teams seem like they can cause you some trouble.

So I made some fixes.
I agree that I should run HP Ice on Landorus. Changed that and thx for the advice.
I also did go Dragon Pulse>Recover on Latios because I wanted to have a better Main Attack without a SpATK drop. Dragon Pulse is helpful because I can attack and do not need to switch out with it. Normally Dragon Pulse is not needed but I have a Nasty Plot Baton Pass Celebi and I need an attacking consistant attacking move and Dragon Pulse is the best attack suitet for that.
HP Fire is not needed in my opineon. I also do not have the place for it but thx for the suggestions anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)