Nickname discussion

Diamount the Aurorus
Why: because of the diamond shaped crystals on its body in combination with it being very big, which sort of speaks to the imagination. I like to imagine it looking like a mountain when sleeping.

New addition:

Sting the Tentacool
Why: because jellyfish sting, and Sting (The Police) is cool :)

Last edited:
Lunos, The Umbreon: Yeeeah.. there's something really familiar here, don't you guys think? xD
I've chose this one because Umbreon is "the Moonlight Pokémon", "Luna" means "Moon" in Spanish and since it was a Male Umbreon, the perfect sequence of events made this little one to born.

Lunos, The Umbreon: Yeeeah.. there's something really familiar here, don't you guys think? xD
I've chose this one because Umbreon is "the Moonlight Pokémon", "Luna" means "Moon" in Spanish and since it was a Male Umbreon, the perfect sequence of events made this little one to born.
Luna means Moon in Latin too. In fact, our Moon should actually be called Luna, much in the same way that Mars has Deimos and Phobos.

I don't know about these. I'd personally always go for something far-fetched and esoteric rather than something that's so obvious. But that's just my opinion.

I was super lucky and got a Zwelious in my Nuzlocke, and I named her TripleTrouble. Like double trouble... but triple... because there are three heads when she evolves... kinda...

Reactions: JES
Lazy but actually pretty good: Roman Reigns = Machamp (no guard dynamic punch=superman punch) and of course wwe fans will get the fact that no guard means the opponents hits will land, and Roman reigns gets hit.A LOT.
Lunos, I persent to you:
Swagnemite
Swaggron
Swagliscor/gar
Mamoswag
Piloswag
Swagnub

Last edited:
i like naming my pokemons...........................................................

BUGABOOM : Forretress - like bugaboo but it explodes
Beelzebark : Houndoom - yeh
Mizuhime : Shiny Gardevoir !!!!!
Colleggtive : Exegutor
SALAMANCA : Salamence
Ghoulfriend : Gengar
ma'am aswine : Mamoswine
CITY ESCAPE : Togekiss - follow me
Buoyfriend : Floatzel
PILLOW PET : Altaria
Pants Change/Blade Runner/BACKSLASH/Hexcalibur/Sharpie : the aegislash squad
So and So/Big Bertha/Angie/Model 20XX : Kangaskhan
Cheerleader : Clefairy
Crescenda : Cresselia
SHROOMSDAY : Amoonguss
( REDACTED ) : Gyarados - redacted sounds cool
landog : Landorus-T - it's a dog
Dreadfuse : Rotom-H

... and a lot more. i have like 18 boxes of competitive mons that are all nicknamed................................................. dont try me......................................................

i've also started naming my mons stuff like K87 - Slugger for my competitive mons... 'cos they're like my artillery

e: oh yeah, the one i'm most proud of atm is

Snake'NShake : Gyarados :)

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm not certain on the specifics, but there MAY be a Pokemon who is better suited to the name Microwave. Just throwing that out there.
Nah, there are great differences between the electric heating coils used in regular ovens and the dielectric heating principle in a microwave oven. For one, microwaves are nearly useless at producing hot air, which I guess is a vital part of the move Overheat. There's very little convection in a microwave, while ordinary ovens are all about convection (and to some extent radiation, but not nearly as much - otherwise, food wrapped in aluminium foil would remain cold in an oven).

Also, and more to the point, the term "microwaves" usually refers to the waves themselves, and not the kitchen appliances, which are called microwave ovens.

About 16 years ago my mother tried to pronounce the name of one of my Pokemon cards. It was a Magneton, and she called it 'Magnetron', the Dutch word for microwave. I have named all my Magneton 'Magnetron' ever since.
MEGATRON! You know, that transformers bad guy :3 What's a robot like pokemon? We can name them that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)