Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't meant to rip on the script but seriously? The amount of bad jokes they tell in that game is more than I've heard from some of my friends.
Lol, I honestly love the script. Even though the jokes are bad, they still make me laugh because they're so bad. I wish every game had a story mode with a script, even if they'll have bad jokes. It makes it more enjoyable for me!

My favorite scripts are from Chapter 14 (iirc, maybe it was a different one) and there's one joke from chapter 4 that I liked xD

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I don't meant to rip on the script but seriously? The amount of bad jokes they tell in that game is more than I've heard from some of my friends.

If I were to say what items I currently like, well it would have to be a toss-up between claws, bows and blades.
DON'T READ MY POST UNLESS YOU WANT SOME OF THE BEST QUOTES SPOILED FOR YOU.

-We're gonna' rack up some major Nintendogs trainer points!

-It's less pixelated than remember

-Are you ever tired of being such a nerd? All you need are some 20 sided dice and some thick glasses.

-"Hey, look! An Exo Tank!"
"Hey, look! Who cares?"

-"Hey, those enemies look a bit like Metroids!"
"Ssshh!"
"What? All I said was they look like Metr-"
"Ssssshh! Listen, this game universe and THAT game universe havw NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER!"

-My favorite:
Yeah! I used bows in the last brawl!

A brawl?! How horrible! Were you hurt?

No way! It was a smash!

I just can't imagine you in a melee...

that's because I wasn't...

:U

^ Yay, this is fun~ I'll post some of my faves too:
-Pit: How does that Pyrrhon guy know so much about the Aurum?
-Pyrrhon: That's because I spend a lot of time on Divinipedia.
-Pit: Divinipedia? Send me the link.
-Pyrrhon: The time for learning has passed! Attack the Aurum Brain!

-Palutena: Though I have seem him eat some questionable things off the ground...
-Pit: Floor ice cream gives you health!

-Pyrrhon: Nicely done! Thanks to you, Pyrrhon has leveled up!
-Pit: Pyrrhon?
-Pyrrhon: I am now a Level Infinity Epic Super God... Plus!

-Pit: Are we ever going to get to the top? This place is so huge! There was even a loading screen back there.
-Viridi: Shhh! They're not supposed to hear you!

-Hades: When life gives you freaky aliens, make freaky alien lemonade.

-Pit (jumping onto a grind rail): Up we go!
-Hades: It's like watching a rollerblading chicken.
-Pit: Don't even pretend that's not awesome.

-Hades: Hellog again, Pitty.
-Pit: Hades!
-Hades: Pit!
-Hades: Hachoo!
-Pit: Excuse you. But anyway...

And fleshing out one of the ones you already posted:
-Viridi: Ugh, do you ever get tired of being such a nerd?
-Viridi: All you need are twenty-sided dice and some thick glasses.
-Palutena (puts on thick fogged-glass glasses): My X-ray specs allow me to see your ignorance.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Unchained Blades (the new, full-size, downloadable game for the 3DS) gets a US release date, plus it could quite possibly have the worlds worst voice acting. I was seriously excited for this game. And then I listened to the trailer. :( It really looks like a beautiful game. And then they open their mouths. I hope the trailer wasn't an example of the ingame English dub.

Also, for anyone who hasn't bought KI:U. The end of chapter 9 was hands down, the coolest, funniest, most clever moment I've ever experienced in any game, period.

Unchained Blades (the new, full-size, downloadable game for the 3DS) gets a US release date, plus it could quite possibly have the worlds worst voice acting. I was seriously excited for this game. And then I listened to the trailer. :( It really looks like a beautiful game. And then they open their mouths. I hope the trailer wasn't an example of the ingame English dub.

Also, for anyone who hasn't bought KI:U. The end of chapter 9 was hands down, the coolest, funniest, most clever moment I've ever experienced in any game, period.
Have you never heard of Chaos Wars? To this day, I still believe just got some random people the street and offered them $20 to the voice acting for it.

Oh, so the thread moved to kid icarus? About time. I'd like to say that i love this game. Sure, the control scheme is sorta (very) unconventional and yeah, the voice acting and script sucks. But the core mechanics are solid, and the action can get crazy on the higher intensity levels. Plus there's so much diversity in the weapons. The powers i thought were a strange thing to put in the game, and some of them seem a bit unwieldy. But the mainstays are mainstays, and you don't need much else other than idol transformation and health recovery. When going into a new stage (especially in the later stages,) i go for an intensity level of 5, but that's mostly because i'm a bit of a wimp and it usually goes down to 4. My favorite weapon is close between the twinbellows cannon (awesome in the air, not bad on land either) and the orb staff (because i love sniping, that's why.) The idols seem like trophies in brawl, and the ar mode is kinda useless, but all in all, it's definitely my favorite 3ds game so far.

Tl;dr: go get it if you haven't.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
[youtube]hfA756Bv1QE#![/youtube]
I almost didn't finish this gameplay demo video for Bravely Default. Its not that its a bad game at all. It looks great. But the gameplay in the video is pretty boring since I can't read Japanese. I sure am glad I did finish it though. At around the 10 minute mark, they show some kind of AR card or maybe its the game case or something I can't make it out. But its pretty amazing. Instead of a tiny little figure, a full sized boy pulls himself up out of the card and walks around the room and tells a story.

wow

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Hell yeah.

The plot twist had me reeling... I was afraid that the game would end right then and there. I figured that with all of those weapons, multiplayer and goodies, the single player had to take a hit right? WRONG. Sakurai is too fucking good as a game dev.

There is one thing I'm still trying to figure out, in chapter 17 (iirc), just after Pyrrhon takes control of the Aurum Brain, Viridi drops a reset bomb. I thought that the factory was destroyed five or six chapters earlier, and that it was below space. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm completely confused... other than that, gotta love that terrible script.

I don't get why some of you hate KI:U's script, it's the funniest game I've played in a while. I really like self-aware humour, so the complete lack of a fourth wall has made the game really enjoyable for me so far. As for gameplay, the control scheme isn't really comfortable. You're holding the entire weight of the 3DS on one hand, so my left hand often hurts after playing for about an hour. Ground combat is pretty satisfying, but I'm not a huge fan of the air combat. I'm going to try out the multiplayer once I finish the single player campaign, I'm at that chapter with the fake moon atm.

There is one thing I'm still trying to figure out, in chapter 17 (iirc), just after Pyrrhon takes control of the Aurum Brain, Viridi drops a reset bomb. I thought that the factory was destroyed five or six chapters earlier, and that it was below space. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm completely confused... other than that, gotta love that terrible script.
The Reset Bomb Pod was destroyed in Chapter 12, yes. However, as she mentions when she uses it, she had apparently managed to get one more Reset Bomb from the pod before you destroyed it, which she was holding onto at that point; in other words, it's one final bomb she had from before you destroyed the pod, but she had never used yet.

Just got KI:U today and I love it, but man the controls. To begin with, I'm left-handed so that's probably the biggest reason why I'm having such a hard time with it. I thought I would able to move Pit with the ABYX buttons like I've done with other games, but it just doesn't work. So I'm have to use my right hand for the Stylus, which is really hard for me and use the C-Pad to move Pit. Does anyone know if it's compatible with the C-Pad add on? I might just have to get it since I think it will be a whole lot easier to play.

The other thing about the controls I don't like is when you're on the ground, you have to use the touch screen to turn the camera. I wished they would of made the camera static with either Pit or the Stylus thing(can't remember what it's called xD). It's just gets really hectic when you trying to dodge, fire, and move the camera all at once.

But I'm still loving the game, the controls are not broken, they are just weird and a little challenging to use, but I'm already getting use to them so yeah.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Yeah KI:U is compatible with Circle-pad pro. Though now that Gamestop has had its shipment of them delayed, not sure if you would want to wait until July. Of course, ebay and amazon may have a few on sale here and there, but I haven't checked myself.

Also multiplayer :o

Games get intense. Shit gets real. It's hard to rack up kills if you don't know what you're doing and if you rush into a fight without thinking. So far I've been playing with the Fortune Bow because mine has a good standing shot, and the auto dodge at low HP is a plus as well. A lot of the Japanese users I've seen online use the Halo Club a lot. I haven't really tried it out yet myself but I get the feeling that if you have the right attributes fused onto them, you can seriously do some massive damage.

The only thing I've been having trouble with is trying to figure out how to turn on the sniping mode. X turns on first person, but double tapping? the screen sets up sniping mode? Not sure about that, because if you want to snipe on the fly, it is kind of hard and you are much better off just running something that's mid-close range.

Oh and one last little bit, I want to set up a game or two with some Smogoners. Maybe a little bit of LvsD action. If anyone is interested in having some sort of tourney or something, I wouldn't mind setting that up.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
just finished chapter 9 an hour ago, .___. to describe it. I've been playing online a lot more lately since I like to use it to rack up hearts / some of the goodies are really nice. Stuck with my trusty samurai blade for now since anything else I could fuse atm wouldn't be as great. Got a few nice abilities from online, but I have to say Black Hole is my favorite prize from there (for those unaware:basically generates a black sphere that pulls nearby enemies close to it and keeps them there for a few seconds). Great for meleeing them, and for those players who move at insane speeds.

I don't get why some of you hate KI:U's script, it's the funniest game I've played in a while... I'm at that chapter with the fake moon atm.
I agree, the script is my favorite part of the story mode. And, chapter 13 (the one you say you're at) is one of my favorites!

"♪Again today I will go soaring through the sky! My enemies, I'll dish 'em up in a stir-fry! Gracious goddess of light watches from up above! At dinner time I always show the cook some love!♪"

One of my favorite parts of the script :3

just finished chapter 9 an hour ago, .___. to describe it. I've been playing online a lot more lately since I like to use it to rack up hearts / some of the goodies are really nice. Stuck with my trusty samurai blade for now since anything else I could fuse atm wouldn't be as great. Got a few nice abilities from online, but I have to say Black Hole is my favorite prize from there (for those unaware:basically generates a black sphere that pulls nearby enemies close to it and keeps them there for a few seconds). Great for meleeing them, and for those players who move at insane speeds.
I need to play online more... I need better weapons! My best atm are Shock Orbitars, 4 stars in Ranged and Melee and lots of nice effect things. Although, I want to find a good staff/blade to use. Once I have ~100,000 hearts I'll look for something in the shop place that has a high value, and fuse something with it :)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I need to play online more... I need better weapons! My best atm are Shock Orbitars, 4 stars in Ranged and Melee and lots of nice effect things. Although, I want to find a good staff/blade to use. Once I have ~100,000 hearts I'll look for something in the shop place that has a high value, and fuse something with it :)
does the shop get better as you move through the story or is it like buy all the crap first so better stuff gets added? all the stuff in there is a little disappointing in terms of melee / range stars, for me at least.

No, what the shop has from the very beginning is always completely random (and typically changes like every time you complete a chapter or something)--sometimes it will have completely awesome stuff that costs over 100,000 hearts and other times it will have really basic stuff that just costs a few hundred. So basically, the shop can always be selling really good stuff or absolute junk, and what they're offering at any one visit just comes down to luck.

There's a couple of nice staffs/blades you can get. A few worth mentioning: Laser Staff (high range, fast bullet speed), Flintlock Staff (extremely high range, amazing for sniping), Gaol Blade (low range, but has a very versatile moveset with lots of homing shots, get continuous dash fire and shot range on this), Viper Blade (homing shots, has natural poison on attacks), and Samurai Blade (dash attacks have homing, has roughly double the melee attack speed of any other blade).

I haven't unlocked every weapon yet, as I'm still progressing through the solo campaign. I just completed chapter 13, which I found shockingly easy. I would have finished it with 8 intensity, but I died right near the boss gate. (FUCK Mimicuties!)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Also keep in mind that the shop randomly has sales every now and then. I'm not sure how much it takes off, but it looked like this club I just bought was about half as expensive as a similar club in the shop at the same time. You should check the shop after every chapter, even if you're playing one you've already beat.

This is just a little thing, but I can't select the favourite title I want in the friends list app. It just shows a bunch of games I haven't played in ages. Anyone know how to fix that?

Acklow

Just played a bunch of matches with the Doom Cannon. The charge on that thing has helped me get many a kill. I think I was able to dominate a match with about 8 kills and no deaths with that thing. I love this new little toy of mine.

Also, like I said earlier, would anyone be interested in having a Smogon KI:U tourney or something of the sort? I'd love to play with a bunch of people who aren't some randoms.

Also, like I said earlier, would anyone be interested in having a Smogon KI:U tourney or something of the sort? I'd love to play with a bunch of people who aren't some randoms.
What do you propose? A free-for-all would be kinda gay for handling a tourney. Maybe we could do a team tourney with some Light v Dark?

Acklow

Oh and one last little bit, I want to set up a game or two with some Smogoners. Maybe a little bit of LvsD action. If anyone is interested in having some sort of tourney or something, I wouldn't mind setting that up.
Yeah.

Too be honest, even if it wasn't a tourney, having Smogoners gather for some multiplayer would still be more fun than random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)