Nintendo Announces Pokemon 151 - Pokemon Branding for Adults [not a new game]

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

http://www.pokemon151.jp

The Pokémon Company has announced Pokémon 151, a new brand intended for adult Pokémon fans. An official Web site opens Thursday, and Japanese Pokémon Center stores have begun selling four types of stylized T-shirts. In addition, a Diamond and Pearl battle tournament for ages 15 and up will be held at the Tokyo store July 4.

The four T-shirts currently available for pre-sale feature stylized designs of Hypno, Cubone, Articuno and Mewtwo, respectively.
At the moment I think it's t-shirts only, but they very well might expand to other things.

Saw this on NeoGAF. Source is Sunaba-Gym blog. Translation by Bulbapedia.

Once they make a Koffing one, we should all do a massive buy.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Cubone shirt is pretty slick. Skull and Cubones ftw.

Articuno is also cool to have on a tshirt.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is exactly what we need. I think to stay relevant, Pokemon needs to transcend it's status as a "kid's game" and emphasize the deep strategic aspects of it, and this is a start towards changing that image.

No idea. I should emphasize that this is in Japan btw. Are you in Japan? Go and find out and report back!
Yes I'm in Japan, but it'll take like an hour and a half to get to the pokemon center >_> I'll go found out tommorow then but more stuff will probably pop up on the internet by then.

Edit: Looked at the site, there should be more information on the 26th. Also I'm probably going if there are any good prizes. If you wanna help me out look at my sig.

This is pretty cool. I wonder if it may come to America... Where would it be sold, though? Hot Topic maybe? I've seen Pokemon clothes there.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is the first time in my life that I have been excited about the release of a clothing line.

This is so, so cool.

Oh wow, Articuno and Cubone look awesome. Hypno is delightfully creepy. I wouldn't buy that Mewtwo shirt but the other ones I would definately wear.

I've occasionally thought about importing games but have never thought about ordering clothes online. This may soon change.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I wee'd a little when I saw that Cubone shirt. :heart:

Like TAY, I normally couldn't give a fuck about clothing but this stuff looks so awesome.

Crap. It sucks to be young... when you see this.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'll just go on eBay and buy the Japanese version of D/P. Then, I'll be happy.

WOW it is really a good step to improve the pokemon concept and show it is a lot more than a kid´s game, props to anyone that had the great idea. i definitively buy the articuno Tshirt if have the chance, the other ones are also cool, the concept on the mewtwo shirt is interesting but i think it needs some changes to look really cool, it is a shame because mewtwo is a really cool poke lol, so what poke want on a Tshirt you guys??

This is fuckin' awesome. I will most def. grab a copy of that Mewtwo shirt...looks like something I'd see on hypebeast. Love it!

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't understand you guys. Everyone's like, "yeah I'll buy the cubone one etc etc but I don't like the others."

Fuck that I'm buying all of them.

I will be ordering my t-shirt as soon as they are available. I'm not that impressed with the Hypno shirt, but I could see myself wearing the other three for shizzle. Thanks for the tip Firestorm!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Damn, we'll have to wait for Mudkip shirts =[
It's called Pokemon151, and the sample is only showing Pokemon from the original installment so it's probably a safe assumption that they'll only be producing shirts of 1-151 (which is coincidentally the era that most "adults" will be most infatuated with).

Just as an update, I am still completely elated that there is a Cubone shirt btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)