Gen 5 no comprendo gg

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
no comprendo gg

Hello friends, its Nova! With me is a BW OU that is one of my favorite teams to use. Although it takes half an hour to find a BW OU battle on PS and half the time I am fighting Brazilian Army and Princess Ariel, I still love the BW OU metagame. Early shoutout to my friend Tokyo Tom for keeping the meta alive. I didn't want to write too much so I'll just talk a little bit about the teambuilding here. The team I built is centered around Calm Mind Reuniclus. Although it is more prevalent in the current BW OU meta than it was when BW was the "live" generation, it is still a massive threat that a lot of teams are unprepared for. As long as Reuniclus is alive, I feel that I have a chance to win any game, despite the team matchup since it fairs so well against many different teamstyles. After Reuniclus, I decided to add another of my favorites, Specially Defensive Breloom. This Pokemon is similar to Reuniclus in that it is very annoying for teams to deal with especially since most are unprepared for it. Scarf Tyranitar fits in nicely to deal with Latios and Latias who are potentially troubling for Reuniclus and Breloom. At this point, I needed a way to check the numerous physical threats in the tier such as Garchomp, Dragonite, and Terrakion. Landorus-T does this job nicely with Intimidate and its solid defensive typing while also providing Stealth Rock to wear down the opposing team. Ferrothorn complements Landorus-T nicely with a critical Steel typing so my team doesn't get destroyed by Meteors while providing additional hazards in Spikes. I chose Keldeo as my last Pokemon as a form of wallbreaker in order to help Reuniclus sweep. Now let's take a closer look!

Kings and Queens (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Choice Scarf Tyranitar has been a great Pokemon ever since DPP. It's primary purpose is Pursuit trap the likes of Latios and Latias who are threatening to Reuniclus and Breloom as well as Starmie to prevent it from spinning away Stealth Rock and Spikes, and Ghost types. Sand support is also necessary for my team in order to remove the weather effects of Rain and Sun teams that could prove threatening to my team with boosted STABs and Chlorophyll sweepers. Although nothing I have "abuses" Sand, the residual damage along with Stealth Rock+Spikes+Leech Seed wears down opponents quickly and puts them in certain KO ranges.

Crunch, Pursuit, and Superpower are standard on Tyranitar. Pursuit offers a way to trap opponents, Crunch is a reliable STAB, and Superpower hits Steel types as well as opposing Tyranitars and Terrakions. I decided to use Ice Beam over Stone Edge in order to hit Landorus-T, Gliscor, Garchomp, and Dragonite. Getting rid of these threats is extremely helpful for Breloom as most teams only have 1 way of dealing with Specially Defensive Breloom and it is one of those aforementioned Pokemon that Ice Beam hits. However, not having Stone Edge makes Tyranitar set up fodder for Volcarona who is a major threat to my team. The EV spread offers Tyranitar a bit of additional bulk while still being able to OHKO a Latios that is switching out with Pursuit and a favorable roll on Latias. Jolly nature is used in order to maintain Tyranitar's bulk as Ice Beam already chunks the 4x weak Mons that it is meant to hit but Hasty is an option if power is desired over bulk.

Coffins (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-T is the best pivot in the meta and provides support while maintaining offensive prowess. Stealth Rock is required for every team, punishes the opponent on every switch, and helps Reuniclus sweep. With Intimidate and its great bulk, Landorus-T can dampen the threat of physical sweepers while maintaining momentum in the form of U-turn. It checks or at least delays the threat of the likes of Terrakion, Dragonite, Breloom, and Scizor. The set is standard and is extremely common in BW OU because of how well it does it's job.

Landorus-T sets Stealth Rock which is needed especially to cripple Volcarona and break Dragonite's Multiscale. U-turn allows lets me keep up pressure while doing a bit of damage. Earthquake is a mandatory STAB and hits hard even uninvested due to 145 Attack. I chose HP Ice over Stone Edge as I found myself using it a lot more and people still don't always expect Landorus-T to be carrying HP Ice as they switch in their own Landorus-T or their Gliscors. Again, the reasoning is pretty much the same as why I prefer Ice Beam over Stone Edge on Tyranitar although using both may be over doing it so I'm definitely open to switching one to Stone Edge. However, my luck is terrible with Stone Edge so I may just be better off with the 100% accuracy move. The EVs are standard, the speed allows Landorus-T to outrun Adamant Dragonite, Modest Heatran, and Jolly Breloom while the remainder is put into bulk.

Twisted Tongue (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Ferrothorn is another mainstay in the BW OU metagame. It performs well on pretty much any team due to it's unique typing, bulk, and movepool. It's needed on my team in order to check Rain team in particular and sponge Water type attacks. Ferrothorn also performs as a form as pivot as I switch it in, tank a hit, and then switch again to regain the momentum.

Spikes provides my team with additional entry hazards to wear down the opponent every time they switch. It also serves to break any Focus Sashes. Leech Seed provides Ferrothorn with a form of recovery and also "forces" the opponent to switch out in order to remove the seeds or take too much residual damage. Protect allows Ferrothorn to scout and also take an additional turn to recover from Leech Seed+Leftovers. Gyro Ball is chosen as the attacking move as it typically hits harder than Power Whip, punishes fast sweepers that try to set up on Ferrothorn, and breaks the Subs of SubCM Latias.

Reflections (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Icy Wind

Keldeo is a fantastic Pokemon that pretty much fits on any type of team as well. Although the obvious teamstyle to use it on is Rain offense, where its Hydro Pump is ridiculously strong, it still does well in Sand with its power and utility. I decided to use Life Orb Keldeo since I already had a Scarfer in Tyranitar and wanted the ability to alternate moves. I also used Life Orb over Expert Belt for the additional power especially since I usually just use sacrifice Keldeo to fire off as many attacks as possible so the residual damage isn't as worrisome. Life Orb also offers KOs that Expert Belt does not such as a guaranteed OHKO on Garchomp as well as a good chance to OHKO Choice Band Scizor after Rocks which really helps Reuniclus.

The moveset again is fairly standard. Hydro Pump and Secret Swords are mandatory STABs. Icy Wind hits Latios and Latias on the switch and the Speed drop is useful if I want to say, sacrifice Keldeo and then bring in something that would normally be slower to revenge. HP Bug is used to hit Celebi. HP Ghost is an option to hit Jellicent, but it is not very common and Tyranitar and Reuniclus can handle it.

Vagabond (Breloom) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 244 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spore
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Specially Defensive Breloom is a fairly underrated threat in the metagame and also one of my favorite Pokemon to use. A lot of teams are unable to take it out easily which allows it to quickly heal back with the combination of Poison Heal+Leech Seed+Drain Punch. After getting its Toxic Orb activated, it serves as a reliable status absorber With maximum specially defensive investment, it can easily soak up Scalds without fear of getting burned. As indication of its special bulk, Breloom can live a Life Orb Draco Meteor from Latios. As I mentioned with Ferrothorn, Leech Seed works well with Stealth Rock+Spikes because it forces the opponent to take additional entry hazard damage if they wish to remove the seeds. I usually lead with this and use Protect in order to activate my Toxic Orb and then Spore something immediately. Overall, Breloom is a very annoying Pokemon and fits in with my love of slowing wearing down the opponent.

Spore is mandatory in BW where sleep mechanics often disables something for the entirety of the match. Leech Seed provides recovery alongside Poison Heal and Protect provides scouting and an additional turn of Leech Seed+Poison Heal recovery. Drain Punch hits hard even uninvested with base 130 Attack and provides yet another form of healing.

Imagination Infatuation (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Calm Mind Reuniclus is another one of my favorite Pokemon to use. A lot of teams struggle to break it due to its fantastic bulk and Magic Guard ability. It pretty much autowins against Rain stall and most forms of Sand stall. With its bulk, offensive teams also have trouble with it if they cannot 2HKO it, allowing it to Recover and set up Calm Minds. It can set up on a number of common Pokemon in the metagame such as Terrakion, Ferrothorn, Starmie, Keldeo outside of rain, Latios, Latias, Rotom-W, Tentacruel, and Gliscor without Taunt. After a couple Calm Minds, it can easily sweep through a team. Last mon Reuniclus is even more threatening since it can't be phazed and therefore can set up on the likes of Skarmory and Hippowdon.

Psyshock and Focus Blast are the chosen attacking moves. Psyshock is useful to hit Blissey hard and also as a trump card in Calm Minds wars. Focus Blast provides good coverage alongside Psyshock, mainly as a way to hit Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, and Hydreigon. The Speed EVs are just thrown in in order to outspeed opposing Reuniclus that are not using any Speed investment which is crucial if a CM war occurs.

Thanks for reading my RMT. It was fun sharing one of my favorite teams I've ever used. Props to anyone who knows the nicknames.

Shoutouts:
Imanalt - Even though you fuck dolphins, look like a girl, hack PS, play Geoguesser too much, and ignore my challenges, you're still a fagget

Minus - Even though you are only 11, you are a good friend and have a good heart although you've changed.... Sister pics when?

Anty - I love you Anty <3 You are a great person and hard worker, you will go far on this site, no homo

Magnemite - Even though we already vid cam, I still don't believe you are ginger. Show the real you first and then get a shoutout here

trc - the 3rd most undeserved scroller on Smogon (I won't name the first 2 for fear of getting spam cleaned). Anyways you are pretty cool and have a cool avatar

Lasagne - friend for awhile, carried TAONU Tyranitars, also a good food

Arikado - is a bitch LOL, cool guy regardless ayy

galbia - italian cheater, hope you get caught and banned during this frontier lmao

Molk - thats my friend Molk.Smogon, you've developed a lot since your Molten Kyurem days, keep your head up

Gary2346 - I only like you because you reliably pick up Skype calls and because you like Outback Steakhouse

Mambo - Same thing as Gary2346, minus the Outback Steakhouse

Don Honchkrorleone - I slapped my sister ehhehehhe, I love you Don. You are the best ladder ghoster and supplier of suspect voting alts, fuck imanalt

Halcyon. - hehe bwoii

Tokyo Tom - the inspiration for a number of my PS alts (Shanghai Sam, Puyang Paul, Cairo Chris, Bangkok Bill). I really appreciate that you share the same love as I do for BW OU

unfixable - My love Chesnaught n_n, I'm proud of your progress on this forum dedicated to competitve Pokemon, show your face in Skype though

f(x) - girl? I'm not fax hehehe, thank you for not making our skype not 100% sausage fest, really cool kid

Jukain - thats my friends pokemon0078. you've made a lot of progress here man, proud of you, just speak louder in call please

Sweep - my good friends sweep, always helpful and happy (sun)

atomicllamas - you are funny and cute n_n, introduce me to your sister

Kushalos - introduce me to your sister

Bouffalant - i'm more than just an option, refuse to be forgotten

Steve Angello - Tim n_n you're a funny dude and a good guy at heart

Kingler12345 - why did you block your profile?_?

sugarhigh - go back to india ._. you used to always say Hi Jack, now you just say Hi, you've changed man...

Xylen - a cool kid, my bff from Singapore after metalsonic

ebeast - my love ;)

TROP - tegaf a ru

macle - no comprendo gg

tennisace - hooks me up with that twitter access so I can take my shitposting talents there eheheh

hollywood - doesn't leak threads, useless

Lemonade. - cute user, good friend, doto (BAN ME PLEASE)

shaymin - novae n_n

(makeup) - legend himself

mikel - no offend please

michael - give PS color change

badabing - my tutor genger

Raichy - my bff in pokemon and league :c

Smurf. - my dude since #frogs, let me know when you coming to US so we can meet up with Jason's cousin

joshe - ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Last edited:
Hey, nice Sand Balanced, I'm glad to see people still playing BW OU.

The first thing that bother me with your team is that Volcarona 6-0 you with no effort. In order to change that, I suggest you Specially Defensive Heatran over Ferrothorn. From my experience, Keldeo + Breloom is enough against rain, and Breloom with protect already deals with Gyarados. Spike support without spinblocker is hard to keep, so I don't think it's a big lost, and you have a way to deal with Bulky SD Zor since he take Hpump from Keldeo and kill it with Bug Bite + BP at +2 (assuming you switch Keldeo on Zor). With Heatran, this is not a problem anymore.

Set :
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roar

Also, your team lack a switch-in to Keldeo. If you want to be safe, you may want to change Breloom to an other bulky grass type like Amoonguss, Celebi, Roserade. They're all have theirs benefits and that only depend to your personnal preference.

Now for small change, I prefer this spread on Landorus-T : 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 Spe with 30 IV Spe. You are now outspeeding SD Toxicroak that otherwise murder your team, with also outspeeding most of opposing Landorus-T.

I had never used LO on Keldeo, but I think Expert Belt is the best item here since you can bluff choice and don't lose 10% every time you attack, wich is crucial for Keldeo's survivability.

My last notification is that your team have a global weakness to Sun team, but I don't know how you can resolve that without changing too much (like Latias over Reuniclus but then your team lose his best win condition).

Overall it's a good team, I hope my suggestions will help you.

Edit : Change the Tyranitar spread, there is no point to invest in HP since you will only take DM / Surf from Latios, most physical move okho anyway. 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe with Hasty nature allows you to kill Landorus-T after SR + Leftovers recovery.

Last edited:

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey nova cool team, it doesn't have a lot of weaknesses outside of the stuff already mentioned by Lyconik. I'm gonna throw in that rachi looks pretty annoying to deal with, since reuni hates para and it can somewhat reliably flinch loomer while you don't have a great means of dealing with calm mind variants. Or fire punch variants. Really it seems like you're completely reliant on residual damage to kill a mon who frequently runs wish and can be a hard stop to your win condition, or at least you struggle to bring in lando safely (without eating a body slam) to force it out. I agree with lyconic that heatran helps out a lot here.

I'm also gonna throw out there that your team looks kind of weakish to a bunch of random sub mons (cube, sub cm anything which has its sub live breloom and/or ferro attacks, sub dd nite) though reuni can deal with a lot of them well, so just be dilligent scouting those sets and you can probably play around them. Spikes in general look lame for you, and Skarmory in particular looks gay. Heatran helps with that since it beats up the main spikers.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey NovaJack, thanks for the s/o and nice to see another BW2 OU RMT. I can see it's a relatively standard but cool take on sand KeldTar balance w/ Reuniclus as a bulky win condition. However, some certain weaknesses stand out to the team, such as the one to vanilla sand balance smashers such as Mew and Volcarona. Another thing I find is that besides using Tyranitar to change the weather, you lack a sturdy Sun check. The third thing is a slight Keldeo weakness, as Reuniclus does not like switching into possibly rain-boosted Water attacks and Breloom is prone to being overloaded by waters.

I'm gonna second Lyconik's suggestion of SpDef Heatran > Ferrothorn, as it allows you to deal with the Pokemon Lyconik and Nails mentioned, such as Mew, Volcarona, bulky Scizor, and Skarmory. It will also give your team a means of beating Jellicent, as Heatran is able to wear it down with Toxic. Although your team will lose its Spiker, as Lyconik said without a spinblocker it is difficult to keep up both rocks and spikes. Heatran will give you better means of punishing opposing Spikers however, which can really hurt your team by cutting into both your Special/status sponge and your weather inducer's longevity. The addition of Heatran will also make your team weaker to various Pokemon such as opposing Keldeo and offensive Celebi, but my next change aims to patch up these weaknesses.

Although Reuniclus is a great win condition for bulky sand builds, I think using a Bulky CM Latias in its place would aid your team in various areas, such as helping against Sun, better checking Keldeo, Breloom, and other threats, and also raising the overall speed of your team. It allows you to retain the bulky Psychic-type win condition with these additional benefits. The addition of Heatran allows you to beat Latias's checks such as Jirachi and Scizor, while your dual Fighting-types can punish Ttar switchins with appropriate double switches.

Now I'm gonna suggest two last changes to your sets to patch up various weaknesses and make the team more threatening, respectively. The first would be Hidden Power [Flying] > Hidden Power [Bug] on Keldeo, since you have Lati@s being trapped by Ttar and Celebi handled well between Heatran and Latias (HP Flying still grabs the 2HKO on offensive Celebi). HP Flying allows Keldeo to smack Toxicroak around, which is a very dangerous 'Mon for your team to handle, especially if it's Jolly. It also allows you to put the hurt on Amoonguss and Breloom, with the former being a general pain due to the loss of Reuniclus and the latter's bulky set rising in usage (it also lets you smack the rare Parasect, which actually walls Breloom and Lando-T lol). Also, I'd second Lyconik's suggestion of Expert Belt > Life Orb, as it will allow Keldeo more longevity throughout the match (which is key on a bulky build such as this). Offensive SD Scizor w/ Acrobatics isn't very common in the current meta, so imo the ability to OHKO uninvested Scizor is less useful than the lasting bulk you gain.

Next, I'd suggest changing your Breloom's set to Bulk Up, which allows Breloom to become another boosting win condition. With the additional damage pushed onto Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Toxicroak by Keldeo, and Pokemon such as Skarmory easier to take out due to the addition of Heatran, Bulk Up Breloom has potential to put in some work on your team, especially with Pursuit support from ScarfTar. A set of Drain Punch / Protect / Spore / Bulk Up also allows Breloom to be able to beat Gyarados 1v1, who otherwise could set up a Substitute and keep Dragon Dancing until Breloom can't handle its Waterfalls. The addition of Bulk Up also allows Breloom to beat common switchins such as Landorus-T or Gliscor, and sweep unprepared teams expecting the Leech Seed set. Although you are walled by Ghost-types, between Tyranitar's Pursuit support and Heatran's ability to Toxic Jellicent (Latias can potentially beat it as well) you can handle them pretty well, and the utility of Protect (both for Gyarados and for extra longevity, and the ability to safely activate your Toxic Orb against bulky waters) is worth it imo. A spread of 236 HP / 200 SpD / 72 Spe with a Careful Nature allows you to retain most of your SpDef, while outspeeding and speed creeping on SpDef Heatran (you will beat 12 Spe variants).

With BU Loom beating stuff like SubTox Gliscor and Lando-T (as well as Keldeo's extra longevity), I'd also change Ice Beam on Ttar to Stone Edge, helping you KO big threats such as Tornadus or Thundurus-T, who can sweep with the right coverage (this is personal preference though)

Finally, as a small nitpick, I'd change Landorus-T's EVs to a spread of 200 HP / 216 Def / 92 Spe with a Lax Nature and 30 Spe IVs. Since you have threats such as Breloom and Toxicroak better handled, it's better for your build to focus on Physical Defense and allow Landorus to be a better check to Terrakion, Scizor, and other stuff (Keldeo's switch in item is another thing a bulkier spread on Landorus patches up). This spread gives you a Leftovers number, and still allows you to outspeed things such as Adamant Breloom and Adamant Scizor, while gaining a jump point in Defense. The 30 Speed IVs, while a small thing overall, can save you 1 stat point since it only detracts from your Speed rather than both Attack and Defense.

Anyway, cool team man, hope I helped!

TL;DR -

->

->

->

(set)
(EVs)

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar
- Toxic

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 48 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
- Roost
- Calm Mind

(You can also run a bulkier spread of 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe Timid, which lets Latias take hits better and still hit 301 Speed)

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 200 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Protect
- Spore
- Bulk Up

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 216 Def / 92 Spe
Lax Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:
u should put a scarf heatran over keldeo and then the squad becomes identical to my squad that i spammed during the last tour. maybe keldeo is better than heatran in select situations, but i like heatran's ability to beat volcarona and run through sun offense teams (and offense teams in general).

keldeo has its uses i guess as it helps a lot vs rain, but u have two grass dudes and have breloom making it unnecessary to throw ferrothorn into scalds and wows. the idea when i conceptualized my team was to make the most use out of ferrothorn as many guys just throw it in against rotom burns and scalds. its way more effective when it doesn't have to take those burns from rotom and thats why i paired it with a breloom. the biggest issue is that volcarona gets an opportunity to set-up vs most of your team and it only needs one boost to clean u up. thats where heatran comes in, but i oppose the suggestions to pop a tran in over ferrothorn. u need the spikes to pressure similar bulky squads if u can't find a way to sweep with reuniclus, and ferrothorn has so much more utility in general. eg iron barbs hitting jirachi every time it uses u-turn making it easier for reuniclus to get it done, and better handling kyurem-b.

i do think heatran is the way to go though, but over keldeo and with a scarf. breloom+ferrothorn completely destroy rain offense teams, unless u get extremely unlucky vs an azuzu, and u have multiple threats to rain stallers. politoed is not gonna be able to keep perish songing reuniclus since tentacruel would rarely consider coming in on either of ur hazard guys, especially if u have sand up. so there's no real issue of u opening yourself up to a rain weakness. right now u have nothing to switch into skarmory either lol. he's either getting 3 layers or ur keldeo is getting popped by brave bird. heatran helps mitigate this a bit, but obviously u have to lock urself into a move so its not ideal but its better than what u have currently.

its a good squad, and if u do keep keldeo i would definitely recommend changing to the ebelt set, or even a scarf. sometimes people don't like double scarfs for some reason, but this team already is so threatening to defensive teams, that u can afford to slap two scarfers. tyranitar doesn't really act like a traditional scarfer anyway. i think i only lost once during the tour with it against the finchinator (otherwise known as the creator of surf nidoqueen). both times i met bloo in finals i swapped it out though, since i was really paranoid of him bringing a specific poke which i cant really remember. so yeah, watch out for that poke, whatever it was.

i don't really get why u would ever use a naive or lax nature on landorus-t but i think ur evs are bad atm. u don't need to be that fast. i kinda disagree with tokyo tom's rate since i have an almost identical team that has performed really well for me, and he has basically suggested an entirely new squad. maybe his squad is good though, but his changes sort of make it not really your squad any more. not sure if his breloom set is a typo tho cause that is not gonna do anything at all without seed bomb. the one change i do agree with is of ebelt keldeo though, as i said before, if u choose not to replace it.

i like the team, and i'm not trying to claim its my squad. its a fairly standard reuniclus build, just with two grass types, so i'm sure we came to the same idea separately (and still, the teams are slightly different anyway). test out the heatran and see how it goes. maybe i'll give the keldeo a shot next time i use this squad, but the volcarona and skarmory issues are hard to overlook.

yea the above is good. i deleted my post but just to readdress some things now that i thought about it context of other rates.
i feel like some variation of sdef chople ttar / scarftran > keld slot / with other potential options being scarflando or sdeftran in there somewhere (not necessarily all those changes at once obviously) could be a solid alternative. mainly i'm concerned that scarftran is the only volc check with all the setup fodder you have here and the possibility of hp ground. the addition of a bulky chople tar for instance gives you another mon that can take a hit from volc and ko back as opposed to just being run thru, and it also provides insurance against troubling mons such as zam and reun. the combo of sdef tran and scarflando is viable too because it will also reduce the amount of volc sets that can sweep you, but im not sure if the tradeoff is worth it because lando's pivoting actually seems somewhat crucial. sdef tran is also a better way to take on mew. the addition of chople tar means you should probably reconsider sr's positioning as i'm not sure which mon between it and lando would be more efficient. i would lean towards tar tho. sr ttar also opens up gliscor as a candidate for lando's slot, offering another sd roost zor check with taunt as well as some backup to break stall (i'm not as confident as heist is in your matchup against it at all). something defensive with like taunt protect toxic eq seems like it could fit.

i really just don't see the value of scarftar here.. is there anything you would lose out on trapping that your team doesn't otherwise handle comfortably via reu/ferro/chopletar. i just see the scarf aggravating weaknesses to certain satkers so...

i would also be tempted to throw on a status move as tran's fourth option to catch mew (or at least force it out). you can do some funky shit to outplay with reun and ferro/loom/tran protect and switch stalling too but that could be a hassle with spikes. i guess that is one notable drawback of losing the scarftar tho so idk.

not really a concrete rate at all. i wanted to maintain the core idea of ferro + loom to get the most out of ferro because i thought that was pretty cool. it's really just a cluster of considerations but i think there's definitely some merit to them. sorry if i was unclear.

in summary,
maybs scarftar -> ttar @ chople berry, EVs: 248 HP | 88 Atk | 172 SDef, Stealth Rock / Crunch / Pursuit / Stone Edge
scarftan set should be Fire Blast / Earth Power / HP Ice / Toxic or Wow
other potential considerations: scarflando, sdeftran, gliscor

Seconding what heist said, make sure the scarf tran has stone edge on it for volcarona mang. Cool squad though. Goldman or bust!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)