No weather- first RMT plz hlp!!

Hi guys, i say from now that my english is not so good so sry for that.

Introduction

Well i tried so long time to bulid good and strong team but without success, so i decided to share with you my team and get some help and improve my team much as possible witout weather, this rly so rare to see som1 that not use weather team, so i want to give the best response against this weather teams witout weather and i hope u guys can hlp me with that. :]

At a Glance

THE TEAM

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Well like almost evry team i wanted to som1 that can entry hazards, and ferrothorn was my choice becuse his great defenses and he also resist almost evrything.
the job of this guy is very simple, after he enter hazards, i try to keep him alive as much i can and make some dmg with leech seed and gyro ball after that it was favored on power whip, becuse to many pokemon resist this move and the accuracy not so good anyway.
Synergy:
fire weakness- heatran, gastrodon, latios
fighting weakenss- gliscor, latios

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Well evry team need revenge killer and in my opinion scizor is maybe the best.
scizor job is revenge kill low hp pokemons ofc, but his main goal is get rid of annoying ghost and psychic pokemons like jellicent and xatu.
even i think scizor is maybe the best in revenge kill, i want somthing more surprising, becuse scizor is to much expected, any suggestions?
Synergy:
fire weakness- heatran, gastrodon, latios

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Gastrodon is my special wall and he can take hits rly like champ and he have great synergy with the rest of the team, he cover on 3 weaknesses of my team .
gastrodon job is take special hits for the teams and wreck fragile pokemons with low hp with toxic and earth power and ice beam for cover and recover for stay alive much longer and keep to be pain for other team.
Synergy:
grass weakness- ferrothorn, heatran, scizor, latios

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
So i decided to change gyarados for latios, and i must say that rly done wonders, stall team no more rape my team anymore becuse trick almost completely offsets many kind of stall annoying pokemons and the main success is for batton pass teams, is just wreck them so hard, while in the past the batton pass team just would ruin my whole team easily.
ty shining latios :]
bug weakness- scizor, heatran, gliscor
dark weakness- scizor, heatran, ferrothorn
dragon weakness- scizor, heatran, ferrothorn
ice weakness- heatran, scizor

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Well this guy used as my physical wall and he do it so good, every hit that not boosted not do even half hp unless its ice punch.
the moves is rly standard, protect for extra heal in sticky situations and for stall a little bit, swords dance is for sweep and punish everything that not resist it.
Synergy:
ice weakness- scizor, heatran
water weakness- , gastrodon, ferrothorn, latios

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Pulse

Well guy is so fun to play with, he act as my special sweeper and he do rly nice job, he just can destroy sun team like nothing, after ferra is bait for fire move this guy come in and get huge fire power that can 1ko ninetails with fire blast, and sometimes he even take down politoad that think its safe thing to switch on heatran face, and dragon pulse is for dragons that stuck in outrage.
Synegry:
water weakness- , gastrodon, ferrothorn, latios
fighting weakness- , gliscor, latios
ground weakness- gliscor, latios

Last words:
i know that have so many holes in this team, and becuse of this i ask for ur hlp guys, i think with the right hlp to this team have a little potential (well i rly hope^^).
well guys its my first RMT so plz forgive me if i does somthing wrong, plz be gentle with me guys its my first time RMT and i tried really hard to do it right^^

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

Cool team, however, you might find yourself struggling against Skarmory a bit, as while you have an excellent switch in being Heatran, you also have incredible switch in opportunities for it in Gliscor and Scizor making it very easy for it to set up Spikes. While that isn't a problem to some teams as they carry a Rapid Spinner or a Magic Bounce user, yours carry none of them which means that Gastrodon, Scizor, Ferrothorn and Heatran will find it much more difficult to take hits, even resisted ones from powerful attackers. I think that Taunt would be much more beneficial on Gliscor instead of Protect for that reason, as it stops Skarmory from not only setting up Spikes, but also healing and phazing making it an easier prey for your team as denying it a much needed Roost might make it a lot less eager to switch into Scizor, as it will not take Superpower very well once it is weakened.

Speaking of Spikes, I'd really suggest you try out Spikes of your own instead of Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn. You'll have to fit Stealth Rock on Heatran though, I'd say over Hidden Power Grass, as KOing Politoed isn't really big deal considering you don't run any weather of your own. Spikes on Ferrothorn, on the other hand, will allow Ferrothorn to support Gyarados' sweep much better as a weakened opponent is easy to KO with Waterfall, giving you access to easier Moxie boosts, turning Gyarados into a formidable force that most opponents will have trouble stopping. Ferrothorn gets a ton of opportunites to set up Spikes on common threats such as Choiced Dragon types, most Water types, and random Choiced Pokemon locked into a resisted attack, such as Stone Edge or Crunch. Since you have Rock Helmet you can already make the opponent think a lot more when they think about Rapid Spinning giving you the opportunity to keep your hazards in for a longer period of time.

I know I haven't changed that much on your team but I think it will help it a lot. Good luck!

Hey, cool team man. However, I did spot some weaknesses. The list includes Conkeldurr, Breloom, Lucario, Virizion, Jellicent, Slowbro, Keldeo, and Stall teams. Conkeldurr sets up easily on Gastrodon and Ferrothorn and proceeds to kill everything on your team. Breloom sets up on the likes of Gyarados and Gastrodon and plow through your team. Lucario can setup Swords Dance on Scizor if it is locked into Bullet Punch or Pursuit as well as on Ferrothorn and then wipe out your team. Virizion has a field day on your team as it sets up on Gyarados and Ferrothorn. Keldeo basically just straight up 6-0's you as you have nothing to take it on effectively. Stall teams are also a hassle since you lack a spinner and a way of shutting them down. Common Pokemon found on stall teams give you troubles.

While looking at your team, I found one Pokemon that seemed out of place. That Pokemon is Gyarados. I feel like you tossed Gyarados in randomly as you have no support for him. Gyarados takes 25% damage from Stealth Rock, a very common move in this metagame, and you lack a spinner to remove this.

Now that I have mentioned all of that, I would like to get down to the crux of my rate. To fix these problems I mentioned, I suggest changing Gyarados into Latios. Both the Specs and Life Orb sets work tremendously to take these threats down. The choice is up to what you prefer. The Specs set hits harder and is more useful against stall teams, however with the Life Orb set you can regain health with Recover and have freedom of moves with the cost of lesser damage. Both sets use the EVs of 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed with a Timid Nature. The Specs moveset is Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Hidden Power [Fire] / Trick, while the Life Orb Latios moveset consists of Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Hidden Power [Fire] / Recover. Latios allows you check these threats with ease. First off, Latios resists Fighting-type moves, which are the main problem to your team. Latios annihilates the listed fighting-type threats with STAB Draco Meteor and Psyshock. Between Draco Meteor and Psyshock you can also cause a lot of problems for standard stall Pokemon. Before, Keldeo just bulldozed past your team incredibly easily. With Latios, on the other hand, is able to outspeed and OHKO Keldeo with Psyshock, regardless of the set you are using.

My final suggestion is a small change. It is to use Taunt over Protect on Gliscor. Taunt will allow you to shutdown Pokemon who try and set up hazards on you, making it ideal against stall teams. It also protects you from status in the tenure of it being used and disables the foe from using any recovery move. That's all I got man. Hope I helped and good luck!

Hey there,

My small suggestion is for you to use Earthquake over Earth Power on Gastrodon, this allows you to break Sub CM Jirachi's subs. However, if you prefer the situations where a boosted EP comes in handy, that's fine too. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)