No weather OU RMT.

I'm pretty new to the BW meta (I used to play DPP a lot) and don't know a whole lot about it. This is just a team I threw together on Pokemon Online. It's been doing okay, I gets me wins, but sometimes people tear me a new one. I'm posting hear because I need help and want this team to be the best that it can be. Well, let's get to the team.

At a Glance:

A Closer Look:

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Nature: Naive
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~U-turn
~Ice Beam
~Flame Thrower
~Thunderbolt

Why?: So far, Genesect has been a pretty sexy lead. Download is just freaking amazing. If the pokemon has lower SpD than Def, I'll go in for an attack with +1 to his already high SpA, usually OHKOing. If they have lower Def than SpD, he'll U-turn the hell outa' there, which gets STAB and +1, usually doing 30%+ and allowing me to bring in a Pokemon that would be more convenient for the situation. This guy has just been really solid, and I don't know if I had had a single game where he didn't get at least 1 kill. Usually, if he stays in on the first attack, he'll OHKO and then, because of his scarf, have so switch out, but can come back later with (usually) still full health. His steel typing also helps him out on the defense, and with the scarf, he is very seldom outsped. With all that being said, this robot bug is probably my favorite member of the team and a great offensive pokemon and revenge killer.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Nature: Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

~Swords Dance
~Rock Polish
~Sacred Sword
~Stone Edge

Why?: Terrakion is my main physical sweeper. He has what could very well be the best dual STAB in the game, hitting most everything in OU for at least neutral. His great coverage in his STAB allows him to run the double dance. He sets up what ever is more useful and then wrecks havoc against unprepared teams. I'll often find myself bringing him in when Genesect U-turns. He's the only guy on the team with fighting and with rock, so it is sometimes important to keep him alive (Which isn't TOO hard. he has fairly respectable defenses). I like to bring him in on Blissey, get up swords dance, then rape. He's not the best on the team, but he generally does his job and I have pulled some good sweeps with him.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~Rapid Spin
~Thunderbolt
~Surf
~Ice beam

Why?: Starmie wasn't an original member of this team, but I can't say I'm not glad I added him. I'm really not sure if I wanna keep both him AND Latios, though. Both are pretty much filling the same purpose. I do love that he can hit pretty much anyone for at least neutral, has the option of rapid spin, is fast as hell, and packs a decent punch. I'm not really sure if I wanna keep surf or change to hydro pump, but I DO enjoy surfs greater reliability. He usually does pretty good, sometimes not-so-good, but rarely devastates opponents teams.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
252 Hp / 184 Def / 72 Spe

~Protect
~Substitute
~EQ
~Toxic

Why?: This dude is the newest edition to my team. I thought he would fit in well as a staller and what not, and he seemed extremely fun and trollish. Poison heal is amazing, healing twice as much as lefties. Protect sub allows constant defense and can only really be stopped my taunters and phazers. However, in practice, he hasn't been doing too hot. I've gotten the stall going on, but really couldn't do much with it. Although I've only used him in a few games so far, he's probably the least effective guy on my team (maybe I'm just playing him wrong). Usually I can't end up finding the right time to bring him in, and he ends up dying in the end when I'm low on guys and opponents are using special attacker. I don't really know about this guy. I have always loves Gliscor, and poison heal is awesome, but his abilities have just been lacking.

Latios @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
12 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe

~Psyshock
~Dragon Pulse
~Surf
~Hidden Power [fire]

Why?: While being very powerful, I feel he is a little bit redundant with Starmie and Genesect. The three of them all pretty much share certain types. Like I said, him and Starmie are filling similar roles, and I don't know if I should get rid of one, and which one to dump if I should. It's kinda wierd, usually either Latios or Starmie does good, and the other bad. STAB Dragon is pretty nice, and I do like the added versatility with psyshock. He used to run ice beam over hidden power, but then I added Starmie to the team. While he is usually a pretty potent sweeper, I'm not sure about keeping him or not. He runs expert belt to bluff scarf/specs. Also, the EVs might look weird; he had to have 30 spe IV for HP fire, so his EV's are set so he can outspeed any nonscarfed base 108.

Scizor @ leftovers
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

~Swords Dance
~Roost
~Bug Bite
~Bullet Punch

Why?: I originally put this guy on the team as a Reuniclus counter, but he's pretty damn good outside of that. I was a little bit skeptical about putting him on the team, having the exact same typing as Genesect, but I have enough stuff to take fire attacks. This guy can be pretty amazing. I've had him as my last guy and got to +6 atk, roosted off my damage, and swept a guy who still had 4 pokemon. He'd really an offensive beast, and a great revenge killer. Unfortunately, he is very slow, but had decent bulk, good defensive typing, and, of coarse, priority. He will almost always get at least 1 kill, but does occasionally flop.

So, that's the team. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I know it needs a lot of work. Biggest issue: the Genesect, Starmie, Latios problem. Also, ScarmBliss raped me.
All advice and criticism is very much appreciated. I'm okay with changing anyone on the team (other than maybe the lead) and any move, if you think it would help the team. Thanks again.

Lose Starmie for Gyarados or something. I don't really see status destroying this team.

Also, try Wishrachi over Scizor. It's going to have great synergies with Genesect, Latios, Gliscor and Terrakion. And Gyarados if you add it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)