Noob OU Team

I've played 5th Gen OU for a short time (few weeks), and this is my team as of late. I've won matches with this team for the most part, but I know this team is nowhere near perfect. The help would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you for your time.

Heatran @ Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive nature (+Spe,-SpD)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion

The sole purpose of Heatran on this team is to lay down Stealth Rock, a very important move that turns 2HKOs into OHKOs. Heatran floats on the Balloon to avoid damage from Ground-type attacks, which otherwise would murder Heatran. Fire Blast is for the obvious STAB move while Earth Power gives Heatran some extra coverage against non-Balloon holding Heatran or Excadrill. Since Heatran will not last very long, Explosion is its last resort, even though Explosion's power has been watered down in 5th generation.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish nature (+Def,-SpA)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Skarmory is awesome at taking most physical hits that do not land super effective damage on him. Skarmory is here for a few reasons, which are: taking physical hits (stuff like Outrage), laying down Spikes, and phazing Pokemon that are trying to set up. I decided to go with Brave Bird instead of Taunt for the reason that without a lot of Speed EVs, Skarmory will not be able to Taunt anything important unless the Pokemon is switching in. At least with Brave Bird, Skarmory does some damage.

I AM AWARE THIS IS A PICTURE OF A BLISSEY!!!!!

Chansey @ Evolution Stone
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm nature (+SpD,-Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

The 5th Generation gave Not Fully Evolved Pokemon a pretty nice item, that being the Evolution Stone. With the Evolution Stone, Chansey's defenses are increased by 50%. Chansey with the Evolution Stone takes special hits better than a 252 HP / 252 SpD Calm-natured Blissey, and Chansey even takes physical hits better than a 252 HP / 252 Def Impish-natured Swampert. With all that said, Chansey provides good support for the team. Wish is used to heal Chansey and as well as my other teammates. Protect is to heal upon using Wish as well as being able to scout. Seismic Toss is the only way Chansey will damage anything, while every Pokemon that isn't immune to Poison-type moves hate Toxic. Unfortunately for Chansey, she is a sitting duck against Gengar and many Steel-type Pokemon.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe,-Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gengar provides a nice immunity to Normal, Ground, and Fighting-type attacks, which means Gengar can block the use of Rapid Spin, even though he isn't a bulky Pokemon. Gengar serves a nice revenge killer, outspeeding dangerous threats such as Choice Scarf Garchomp and Latios and having the ability to OHKO most with either Hidden Power or Shadow Ball. With Trick, Gengar is able to cripple opposing walls and support Pokemon.

Garchomp @ Haban Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe,-SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Garchomp is a Pokemon that ever team must have a reliable way to handle. With most players utilizing Choice Scarf on Garchomp, many players fear this monster will have a Choice Scarf. With a Swords Dance, Garchomp will hit many opposing Pokemon hard with Outrage and Earthquake. Even though Fire Fang has poor base power, it will hurt Skarmory more after a Swords Dance than with a Fire Blast. The Haban Berry will weaken the damage from a Dragon-type attack.

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe,-SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Haxorus is one of the new Dragon-type Pokemon that comes from the 5th Generation. Haxorus is a mono Dragon-type Pokemon, however having a rather average base Special Defense stat can be a bit disappointing. Although Haxorus SpD may not be all that appealing, where this Pokemon really shines is in its Attack stat. With a base 147 attack stat, Haxorus with be hitting things hard with an attack power of 393. Haxorus outruns a number things with a Jolly nature, but gets trolled by Hydreigon, who has a base speed stat that is higher by one point. Even with all these negatives, Haxorus is still a very dangerous Pokemon. A Dragon Dance Life Orbed Outrage is nothing to laugh at, neither is the fact that Haxorus has access to Taunt.

Looks good. I haven't battled 5th gen yet and the only knowledge I have is from battles I've seen on youtube.

Maybe replace your Heatran's explosion with something else. Just because it's really useless this gen like you said.

Why not replace the Haban berry with Yache? Unless it's illegal, I don't see why.

Taunt with something else on Oonoo/Hax, or whatever it's name is now.

Could always scarf Hax, Adamant and EQ everything thanks to mold breaker or Outrage or a third and fourth move replacing Taunt and DD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)