Normal team. Nothing new here.

Another day, another team. With a metagame moving as fast as this, a team can never stay good for long. So you're constantly making new teams. Some work, some fail. But every once in a you find a gem. And that's what this is for me.

The team is based around setting up A Toxicroak or Tyrannitar sweep by periodically removing their respective counters.

At a Glance
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucario (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd (0 Def IV)
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
~ Close Combat
~ Crunch
~ Extremespeed
~ Counter

I saw this in a thread a while back and I loved it. It is a great anti-lead, smashing the most common leads of the day. It Can KO Metagross with Counter when it decides to do for the Earthquake. Same with Swampert. Both Heatran and Mamoswine are outsped and OHKO'ed by Close Combat. Azelf is KO'ed by the Crunch + Extremespeed combo, while Infernape and Aerodactyl are taken by Close Combat + Extremespeed. The Lonely nature and 0 Def IV allow for maximum damage from Counter. He can also act as a decent revenge killer later on in the match with ES, if he survives.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
~ Stealth Rock
~ Roar
~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake

I needed a Stealth Rocker. So I decided on Swampert. His main selling point is bulk, SR of course and Roar. It allows him to be my counter for SD Scizor and also to just shuffle 'round the opponents team. Waterfall and Earthquake are my two STAB moves that he needs. He is my Tyrannitar and Metagross check. Nothing much 'ere

Porygonz @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 132 HP/124 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dark Pulse

Agility Porygonz can be a beast when set up. After just one agility he can out speed basically the whole metagame. Tri Attack is a great multi-purpose STAB move. While HP Fighting and Dark Pulse combine for great coverage. Download is chosen over Adaptability to give him a small kick in the SpA apartment. Porygon is the most changeable member in the team.

Tyranitar (M) @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

DDtar is the pure force that this team needed. He can (and has) swept many teams that weren't prepared for him. I chose the Babiri Berry to lesson the chances of Scizor nabbing the revenge on me, as I can then KO him with Fire Punch. Crunch and Stone Edge are there for raw, brutal power. Jolly nature allows me to not be revenge by speedier pokemon like Infernape and Latias. He adds the Psychic resist that Toxicroak so needs.

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 104 HP/4 Def/148 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Zapdos is an incredible Pokemon, and a great revenge killer. He adds the Ground resist that this team required so badly. He can come in and revenge many of the metagame's main threats, including Scizor, Salamence, Lucario and Gyarados. Thunderbolt is the general usage STAB move. HP Ice allows me to revenge the dragons of OU, and Gliscor. While Heat Wave nabs KO's on Scizor and Lucario. I find myself never using U-turn though. The EVs allow him to outspeed a +1 Salamence, and KO it back with HP Ice. He can survive a Lucario ES and a Scizor BP, and KO them. The only problem with using Zapdos as my Scarfed pokemon is the SR weakness, but I really needed that Ground resist.

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute
- Cross Chop

Last but not least. Toxicroak is a very underestimated sweeper, who can very easily rip teams to shreds. He switches into something scared of him, sets up a Sub, sets up a SD, then sweeps. Sucker Punch and Cross Chop offer incredible coverage. After a SD, Sucker Punch can KO many Pokemon, such as Rotom-A, Gengar and Starmie, who are all potential threats. While Cross Chop has incredible power, destroying anything slower than me. Toxicroak also add a water resist to them team, which can be useful at times. The EVs and Jolly nature allow him to outspeed positive nature Mamoswine and Neutral nature Lucario and Porygonz.

So ahh. That's the team. Please rate it.

haunter

Banned deucer.
First of all, I suggest to make your Swampert a mix-Pert: almost everything you hit with Waterfall, is going to be hurted more by hydro pump. So:

Swampert@leftovers
nature: relaxed
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SAtk
-hydro pump
-stealth rock
-earthquake
-roar

Hydro pump 2hkos Skarmory-Forretress-Hippowdon which, otherwise, will come in for free on your Swampert setting up entry hazards while you can only roar them out.

Secondly, you lack a counter for Latias: TTar is 2hko'd by a specs surf, and everything else is 2hko by dragon pulse. If you want to keep your DD-TTar, then consider replacing Toxicroak with a CB Scizor:

Scizor@choice band
nature: adamant
trait: technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
-bullet punch
-pursuit
-superpower
-u-turn

Scizor is a great revenge killer and can trap and kill Latias and other frail special attackers like Gengar (just watch for random hp fire).

You are very weak to Infernape and Lucario: the former can only be revenge killed by Zapdos if it's around 50% of its health, while if the latter gets the chance to swords dance up, then it's GG (your Zapdos takes 72.91% - 85.88% from a +2 life orb'd ES - which is a probable OHKO with SR). You definitely need a safe switch into both. My suggestion is to add a bulky Gyarados in place of Porygon-Z:

Gyarados@leftovers
nature: adamant
EVs: 156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spe
-dragon dance
-waterfall
-stone edge
-taunt

With this pokemon you can switch on SD Lucario and scare it off, while setting up a DD or two. Taunt stops Skarmory-Vaporeon-Swampert from roaring you out.

With these changes your only problem may be Gyarados, but you should be able to play around it with Swampert (if it lacks taunt) and your own Gyarados, or at least revenge kill it with Zapdos.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Hmm, interesting team but it needs some work.

First of all, I really don't think Lucario is that great of a lead. Sure, it may score you a quick KO every few battles, but overall I think there are other things that do a better job. In my opinion, I think you should swap Swampert with Lucario and make Swampert your lead. Having a Stealth Rocker as your lead will give you an advantage early in the game. Also, I really don't like your Swampert set, it's missing Ice Beam and the EVs are meh.. I would suggest using:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Stealth Rock / Roar / Protect

As for the moveset, I feel that Surf is the better choice over Hydro Pump. Hydro Pump may deal better damage to common Swampert switch-ins such as Skarmory, but the low accuracy can screw you over at times and depending on the situation, your opponent may be able to take advantage of the low PP of Hydro Pump. The next decision to be made is whether to have Stealth Rock, Roar or Protect as your last move. As Protect can be good for scouting on the first turn and Roar is good for shuffling around your opponent's Pokemon, I think what you want (and need) is a lead with Stealth Rock, so that's what I suggest using. The fact that your original Swampert didn't even have Ice Beam really wasn't going to work. One of Swampert's main purposes is to put a stop to Salamence, but he can't do that without Ice Beam. I guarentee that this moveset will work much better.

As of now Swampert and Lucario have switched places, which means that Lucario doesn't need that anti-lead moveset anymore, so I would suggest changing it to the standard SD Sweeper moveset, since that is probably Lucario's most effective moveset in the current OU metagame, way too many teams are weak to it. It's too good to pass up.

The next thing that needs to be mentioned is Porygon-Z. I feel that P-Z really doesn't function well at all in this current metagame, which is why I suggest switching him for another, more efficient Pokemon. Based on the rest of your team and your weakness', I would suggest replacing P-Z with a TrickScarf Rotom-H. A Pokemon with Trick can really help your team out, especially with two Pokemon weak to Fighting and three Pokemon who are weak to Ground. The two immunities provided by Rotom-H could be great for your team, it also stops Scizor which could give your team a bit of trouble.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Moveset:
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball / Will-O-Wisp

Some may not agree with this moveset and may want Discharge over Thunderbolt, but I really feel that the loss in power isn't worth it for a higher chance of paralysis that is not guarenteed. Though I do feel that Will-O-Wisp is a viable option to use over Shadow Ball because of the fact that it gives you a way of crippling Tyranitar, as Rotom is usually completely defenseless against it. Hidden Power [fighting] is also viable but Will-O-Wisp is much better IMO.

I don't think Scarfed Zapdos is doing much for your team. It seems as though you really just "stuck it in there" without any thought behind doing so. Using Zapdos is fine, but I feel that you should go for a totally different approach.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Moveset:
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [ice] / Hidden Power [grass]

Zapdos has great coverage and a huge movepool and I think its offensive capabilities are often overlooked. Based on your team I would suggest using Hidden Power [grass] because of the fact that you don't have a single Grass type move on your team and I can imagine that Swampert could give you some trouble and CursePert could even wall your team. The reason I suggest Leftovers over Life Orb is because taking 10% from LO along with 6% from Sandstorm damage is going to allow Zapdos only a few turns before having to Roost again and that is giving yourself a disadvantage, you don't want to do that.

Lastly, I think you should replace Toxicroak with CB Scizor. Nothing to explain really, but Scizor works much better, in this metagame and especially on this team than Toxicroak does. As for the moveset, I would suggest using U - Turn / Superpower / Bullet Punch / Quick Attack. Normally Pursuit would be used over Quick Attack, but I see that you're a bit weak to MixApe, and Quick Attack deals a good 50% to Infernape, allowing you to revenge kill it after it's taken some damage already.

That's about it. Good luck with your team and feel free to PM me if you ever need any more of your teams rated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)