Not mega evos but still mega (RU Offense)

(Huehuehue such a topical title)​
Okay then after a bunch of RMTs showing either decent to utter crap teams this is most likely my final Gen 5 team and whatnot (Don't quote me on that though.) I after a hiatus of RU despite the metagame not changing much I had trouble using my last RU team to good effect so I changed it to a more pure offensive crew of pokemon. So without further ado, here is my team!

Mega Man (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Spore
- Magic Coat
- Explosion
Because I'm a badass who don't need no Stealth Rock I picked Smeargle as a hazard setter. To be honest I like suicide leads as it allows me to get the Hazard game over and done with and focus on the killing at hand. Spikes are self explanatory, Spore Brings the inevitable Sleep absorber in Gets a pokemon shut down for a bit and Magic Coat reflects Status, Taunt and opposing hazards at the enemy with a dash of prediction. Explosion is there to do some sort of damage and can even be a surprise spinblocker (I know a proper spinblocker is better, but I can't think of a way to fit one in at the moment.)

Plant Man (Sceptile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
Sceptile is the first part of a fairly bog standard FWG core. Sceptile is fast and can outspeed most of the metagame and has the tools to hit things quite hard. Sub makes it a bit better Early/Mid game as it can set up on forced switches/predicted sucker punches and blast holes in one or two pokemon behind it. Giga Drain is STAB and keeps LO recoil + Subs draining my health to nothing, Focus Miss Blast hits the Steels and Sap Sippers right where it hurts and HP Rock allows me to deal with Flying Types (Namely Moltres) a lot better. Overall an invaluable part of my team and is useful both early and late game.

Burner Man (Emboar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk

Revenge Killer of course, being a slow ass thing you wouldn't think he would do a terribly good job but considering he outspeeds Sceptile he does the job more than well enough, allowing me to have a choiced Fire type without having to fret about those damn rocks too much. Flare Blitz is STAB and hits things hard, Superpower also hits things hard (Although I use this less because you can't clean with it) and Wild Charge at least tickles any Qwilfish/Slowking/Moltres trying to rain on my parade. Sleep Talk because hell with Amoonguss, Lilligant, Smeargle and whatnot running around you need some way to not be royally fucked over by Sleep.

Cut Man (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
He's the last part of the team's FWG backbone and the token set up Sweeper/Priority user of the team. Swords Dance for getting my attack to deadly levels, Aqua Jet for priority, Waterfall for strong water STAB and Stone Edge for everything else. Weak Armour reduces Tops from an Entei counter to a check, but allows him to outspeed and get past threats like Sceptile that could force him out otherwise. I'm open to using Rapid Spin over waterfall but I don't terribly feel as if I need the move for this team.

Knight Man (Escavalier) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 HP / 4 SDef / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Return

Why is this bulky ass thing on a team about Speed and Hyper Offense? Well, Druddigon, that's what. a previous incarnation of this team was very weak to the bugger so I needed something that could take any hit (Aside from the very rare Flamethrower) and hit back hard and Esca was what I needed. EVs allow me to outspeed Slowking, Megahorn is basically a nuke, iron head is secondary STAB, Pursuit allows me to get rid of Psychic/Ghost types reliably and Return is there because Emboar has Sleep Talk covered and what the hell else is there to put on for him. An out of place guy that can sometimes kill momentum due to it's speed, but it more of a patchup than a real team player.

Pharaoh Man (Sigilyph) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball
- Roost
(yeah Pharaoh Man is a stretch but look at this guy, what the hell am I supposed to glean from that... Thing?)

Because Sceptile was lonely with all these physical attackers around. To be more serious though, Sigilyph is my answer to defensive teams, their passive chip damage tactics worthless and their weak moves Roosted off while I hit back with decently powerful attacks. Psychic is STAB, Heat Wave hits Steels and Energy Ball hits bulky waters hard (I never saw any need for Air Slash to be honest) and roost is to keep him healthy.

So there you have it, my team. It's better than my last one but still needs some holes to patch up, so I hope for feedback and whatnot as per usual. Doesn't need to keep with the Mega Man theme, it was tacked on anyway.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Okay so first and foremost I can see this team doing well against a lot of people, but against some better teams with more synergy and players with more skill I can see you having a ton of problems. The first thing that makes me say this is a complete lack of stealth rock. I know Smeargle can probably get up Stealth Rock against people who don't know it runs Magic Coat, but vs better players that is extremely predictable. First, get rid of Magic Coat, and add Stealth Rock, also, get rid of Explosion for Whirlwind, Explosion is literally going to do nothing vs everything, at least whirlwind can abuse some of your hazards. Next, I don't want to change much of your team so I'll let you consider it yourself but I have no clue why you would run a Smeargle with no spin blocker. My favorite one is rotom-n, you can put a scarf on it and give it trick to help vs stall teams. I think with these changes alone you will seriously improve your team, you still have special sceptile which can do work vs stall and SD Kabutops.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
meh i don't think smeargle is bulky enough to pull off whirlwind, so I'd recommend Destiny Bond/Memento>Explosion on your smeargle. Destiny bond can take out some slower lugs that the paintbrush does literally nothing to with explosion, and memento can be a send-off to any offensive mon that tries to get through your smeargle, and you can send in sceptile/kabutops to SD/sub up, respectively. dont have enough time to do a full rate

Okay so first and foremost I can see this team doing well against a lot of people, but against some better teams with more synergy and players with more skill I can see you having a ton of problems. The first thing that makes me say this is a complete lack of stealth rock. I know Smeargle can probably get up Stealth Rock against people who don't know it runs Magic Coat, but vs better players that is extremely predictable. First, get rid of Magic Coat, and add Stealth Rock, also, get rid of Explosion for Whirlwind, Explosion is literally going to do nothing vs everything, at least whirlwind can abuse some of your hazards. Next, I don't want to change much of your team so I'll let you consider it yourself but I have no clue why you would run a Smeargle with no spin blocker. My favorite one is rotom-n, you can put a scarf on it and give it trick to help vs stall teams. I think with these changes alone you will seriously improve your team, you still have special sceptile which can do work vs stall and SD Kabutops.
I do agree with these changes, I'm guessing Siglilyph would be replaced Rotom-N. But two scarfers just doest seems right, so change Emboar to banded Entei (maybe?). You would end up with two Focus Band user but Entei and Escav just wreck shit and it is beautifull :) Put rocks on smeargle and definitely get rid of Explosion.

-ApplepieFTW

Sorry I'm a bit late with replying, after a while I kinda stopping keeping track of the thread. I really appreciate your feedback though!

Yeah Sigilpyh is more of a filler than anything else considering as laurel said Sub Sceptile is just as good at giving Stall Nightmares. I'll try out Scarf Rotom-N and Band Entei. Plus Waterfall will be changed to Rapid Spin as now the team is slightly more suspectable to rocks.

Smeargle is tough as it does have 4MSS here. Whirlwind I'm not keen on to be honest as I can't see the guy actually Phazing anything with its paper bag level defences. Destiny Bond and Memento I'll try however, and Magic Coat will be replaced with SR.

If there is anything else people wanna say that's cool too. I actually kinda like people saying my my has flaws lel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)