Not sure about my team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first team ive used in terms of competitive battling. I started with something different, but after battling for a little while heres what i came up with.

Smeargle @ Focus sash
Ability: Own tempo
EVs:252 spe/24 hp/12 def
Nature: Jolly
- Spore
- Belly drum
- Recover
- Baton pass
Pretty simple lead, spore first, then recover if they attacked, belly drum, and baton pass to lucario, breloom, scizor, or skarmory. In an ideal world skarmory for stealth rock, but i can put that up later if necessary.

Lucario @ Life orb
Ability: inner focus
EVs:252 atk/252 spe/4 hp
Nature: adamant
- swords dance
- extreme speed
- close combat
- crunch
Pretty simple sweeper, swords dance if i get the oppertunity, decent type coverage. Xtreme speed for the priority.
Breloom @ Toxic orb
Ability: poison heal
EVs:252 atk/ 252 spe/4 hp
- spore
- focus punch
- seed bomb
- swords dance
Spore first, dance like a starving stripper, seed bomb until they die or wake up. If they live and are awake spore again and focus punch.

scizor @ metal coat (couldnt think of anything)
Ability: technician
EVs:252 atk/252 spe/4 hp
- swords dance
- roost
- brick break
- bullet punch
Swords dance when able, roost to live, bullet punch for priority and brick break for a decently strong attack.

skarmory @ left overs
Ability: keen eye
EVs:252 hp/64 atk/176 def/16 spe
Nature: impish
- brave bird
- roost
- stealth rock
- whirlwind
Stealth rock to use as soon as i can switch in, roost to stay alive, whirlwind for phazing, and brave bird for damage.
porygon z @ wise glasses
Ability: adaptability
EVs:252 satk/252 spe/4 hp
Nature: modest
- ice beam
- substitute
- recovery
- nasty plot
Substitute and recover if i get the chance. Nasty plot while behind a sub or whenever given an oppertunity. Ice beam was the strongest special attack i could find, and i chose it over tbolt mostly because of ttar. I know it has adaptability, which is useless since i have no STABs. It used to have triattack, but when i changed it i forgot to change the ability as well.

I started out with some totally different things that followed an actual strategy, but this ended up working better. I win at about a 2:1 ratio, which isnt bad, but its never reliable and winning is totally random. The only way i win is getting lucky by uberboosting a sweeper. I think most of the reason Ive been winning so much is actually luck so Im wondering what you think of what I have and how I could improve, so thanks in advance.

Changes in green. I'll update more when I have time.

Smeargle @ Leftovers
Ability: Own tempo
EVs:252 spe/24 hp/12 def
Nature: Jolly
- Spore
- Belly drum
- Recover
- Baton pass
Pretty simple lead, spore first, then recover if they attacked, belly drum, and baton pass to lucario, breloom, scizor, or skarmory. In an ideal world skarmory for stealth rock, but i can put that up later if necessary.

Focus Sash might not even work, if someone starts out with a Sandstorm or a Hail team. Although, if you do end up getting lucky, be my guest.

without sash its killed in 1 hit by almost every lead, and ive only met 1 sandstorm lead and no hail leads. Regardless, if they have sandstorm/hail and are smart theyll kill me instantly anyway

without sash its killed in 1 hit by almost every lead, and ive only met 1 sandstorm lead and no hail leads. Regardless, if they have sandstorm/hail and are smart theyll kill me instantly anyway

But the thing is...what's the point of Smeargle surviving a hit with 1 HP? He can't Belly Drum or Substitute anymore, so he's useless anyway.

Nitpick: 252 + 24 + 12 does not equal 510. Check your Smeargle EV's.

IMO your Smeargle lead is useless. It's only usefulness is to provide a +6 Atk boost to 4 Pokemon in your team, 3 of them having Swords Dance. If your going to keep your Smeargle lead, drop Swords Dance from some of your other Pokemon. IMO you should drop Smeargle entirely. Swap him for something which does not have a mediocre speed. 273 Spe doesn't get you the results you expect. Aerodactyl with Taunt and NO speed EV's outspeeds you. You should swap Smeargle for an Azelf with Reflect, Light Screen, U-Turn or Taunt, and either Stealth Rock, Explosion, or a physical attack of your choice. This allows your lead to have a greater impact on the game, allowing your guys to set-up easier with the dual screens.

I don't like Porygon-Z, I think you should swap it for Blissey *hears boo's from the crowd* but if you want to keep it, at least change the moveset to something decent. A Choice Scarfed one would be alright, with Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and HP Fighting, giving you some nice coverage. It can take down Specsmence and BulkyGyarados which you basically die to.

Maybe adding a Heatran in the team would help. You have a massive fire weakness, so adding in that flash fire guy with good predictions would save you a lot.

Look, your team basically revolves around a bunch of sweepers, no real structure. Very little synergy aswell. I'd take a big look at it and consider some massive changes if you want to be competitive. You do realise Roost and Recover heal half of your health, and that's if you survive? With no Def/SpD/HP EV's on your Scizor, the move is useless. As for you going 2:1 with your battles, I don't expect that statistic to hold itself up for that much longer... Sorry for being harsh. I just speak the truth.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Please expand your descriptions as they're definitely not up to rule 3:

RMT rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Take a look at the RMT archive to see what kind of descriptions we are looking for. PM me the fixed descriptions and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)