ORAS LC Not Your Step-Dad's Lc Team

Hey guys! This team is the product of my experience in LC. All the mons have come from my time self-teaching. This team bases itself around the users ability to read the other teams strategy and counter it. Snubull and Ferro provide a devastating core along with a cast of situational attackers.
Peaked at 1740 elo on the ladder.

Main shotted.jpg

--The Squad--

squad goals.jpg

Bish Named Gerry (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Tri Attack
- Agility

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 20.24.42.png

Porygon is really the Malcom to the middle here. Gerry serves a unique role in this team as the only special attacker not named after a Canadian musician. With 18 special attack this baby gets to 27 spec attack after download boost. Woah. Basically the strategy here is to switch porygon in on something that is probably going to switchout. Putting pory in on a special attacker generally makes your opponent run away. The risk of a stall recover-twave pory is pretty strong, especially given the nature of the rest of the team. Generally pory comes in mid-game to get a surprising couple KOs. Often times this pory will agil up on a knockoff or special attack, then it gets to revenge that hit with a crazy strong special attack. Pshycic slays all those cute little foos that come in on it. The best part of this set though is the versatility to come in at any point and change the dynamics of the match. Because of the HP investment and 14 boosted defenses, pory can normally survive 2-3 hits. Knowing when to put gerry in can take some skill with this team, but once you get used to the flow it isnt difficult.

---

Steel Beamz (Ferroseed) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 196 Atk / 188 Def / 68 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 21.27.49.png

Here is where the real heart of this team lives. Steel Beamz is the wall to my opponents invading illegals, and it really Trumps the opposition. Ferroseed is the perfect m̶e̶m̶e̶ lead in this team. 84% of the time this should lead, here’s why:

Ferroseed is able to eliminate a lot of common leads with bullet seed on sturdy rock types, and iron head if they are dweeble

If they lead with a fighting type (foo) then there is an easy switch into snubull that turns the tide into your advantage greatly

Stealth rocks rock

Early para helps set the tone

The great thing about this ferro is that it gives an early level of opponent predictability. stealth rock will break a lot of sashes and stuff which allows other mons to sweep late game. SR are not necessary for this team though. Putting them up is only a priority if the opponent has rock weak mons or dig or whatever. Now the silent killer of this SB is the 15 attack that catches a lot of opponents off guard. Now mix that 15 attack iron head with a para’d mon and you have beautiful results. Not only do you have 30% flinch but also 25% para if the pass that meaning that iron head on para has a 47.5% chance to stop paraflinch them. Nice.

---

Mothra (Fletchling) (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 Def / 132 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Overheat
- Swords Dance

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 20.25.15.png

Now onto the OG. Subfletch. Sub+Berryjuice+acro+sd=sweepcity. Here we have the bread and the butter and the bird. This lil’ bro is the most unique member of the squad. Subfletch predicates itself on surprising its opponent. It is able to switch into a lot of physical attacks and then Bj out of them, much like snubull does. mothra survives rock attacks from non-rock mons. So that means that subfletch can take on a sashed diglett and come out with 70% hp. woah. Even after rocks are used on you fletch lives that stuff. Then on a predicted sucker sb can go. then free hit. Now fletch is specifically lethal in this team for two reasons: Para and snubull. Snubull comes in and lowers their attack. then switch into fletch and take like nothing and set up with sub or SD. Sub is amazing because it lets you unzip on anything really. Now the para portion of this moves subfletch into mlg territory. Imagine this- your opponent has a now para’d foo or foongus or pawn, they just got parad by ferro or snubull and then took your mon out. Free switch to fletch and sub, why? Because now you have 6 subs to use. Cause of Mothra's dank HP distribution it can get 6 subs off. And if your opponent paras on any of those you’re set and can SD than go ahead and do some real damage. Enjoy.

---

Hall Monitor (Drilbur) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 21.28.27.png

Late game is the strength of this team, and this drilbur embodies that spirit. Hall Monitor is the response to all the haters of the squad. The magn, chou, abra, and others that damage this team are now in trouble. Drilbur provides the niche of the clean up kid. Rapid spin is there in case they are really setting up hazards for some reason. This young blood helps throw off the opponent even more. Almost the whole squad rolls slow, but HM dont care about that. The unparable mons on their team are always slain by this mon and that’s pretty dope. This kid’s jolly as hell and ready to get ill. You shall not pass the sash of justice.

---

Clair Boucher (Abra) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 236 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunder Wave

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 21.28.14.png

(opponents will see a lot of yellow)
Standard sashbra, standard sashbra, standard sashbra. Claire boucher is an elegant female Canadian electronic artist that recently entered the mainstream pop scene with her critically acclaimed album, Art Angels. It really is a fantastic follow-up to her, Grimes, more underground-appreciated Visions which had stand-out singles, Genesis and Oblivion. Clair Boucher is the other sweep stopper on this team. EBall serves as the slayer of rock sweeps and psychic is the hard hitting attack that OHKOs a lot of tricky mons. At 20 Spec attack in a spec D weak meta, sashbra is a deadly force. Modest as she is, my girl is able to trick a lot of fast suckers with twave which helps support the whole team while sending your opponent into...

---
Go F*ck Yourself (Snubbull) (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Play Rough
- Earthquake

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 21.28.06.png

At the end of the day, six mons determine a match. Snubull is the sixth mon listed here. Go F*ck Yourself is the committed gorilla glue to this team. I let my opponent take a couple huffs to get them delirious, then I bang em up with snub. Snubull in this set up maximizes its ability to counter much of the meta along with ferro. Ferro-Snub is an epic combo that really challenges your opponent. As mentioned before, snubull is the ultimate counter to fighting types trying to pull a fast one. The beauty to this set is that it really relies on your prediction abilities. As long as you understand what your opponent is trying to do, this can do a lot of damage. Similar to fletch, GFY lives by the Bj sub strat, but unlike fletch, snubull is trying to ruin the opponent’s synergy rather then end them. Sub—>twave and vice versa gives a deadly hax-based combo that really is difficult to counter. Tie that in with the ability of snub to EQ pawn or mag after a sub, and it is a very potent threat. The name is applicable because it is what you actually are saying when you switch snubull into a drain punch.

---

Notez:
Keeping snub or ferro alive is generally a priority with this team and which one you keep should be based on the mons you are fighting. The use of ferro twave and snubull twave is vital to this team and is useful largely because of your enemy’s prediction of it. Floon is a danger and requires skill to take care of. generally just spam attack on a floon if it free switches in. Getting pory agil out early is also a great strat, but dont reveal the thunderbolt unless needed if they have a weak mon to it. This is a reactionary team, which means that it is based around the concept of adapting playstyle to counter the opponent, rather then coming in with a defined playstyle to dominate.

Shoutouts:
Sidewalks for keeping me off the streets
Fender for showing me the power of yellow magic
Macle for the elo
Madoka for moral support
Pokewalls for dank backgrounds

Quotes about this team:
“You are really skilled”
"Put the Lit in Little Cup"
“Respect for your strategy”
“Wow. I have never seen such elegance and class in a team/set design. Bravo"

Bish named Gerry (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Tri Attack
- Agility

Steel Beamz (Ferroseed) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 196 Atk / 188 Def / 68 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Mothra (Fletchling) (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 Def / 132 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Overheat
- Swords Dance

Hall Monitor (Drilbur) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide

Clair Boucher (Abra) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 236 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunder Wave

Go F*ck Yourself (Snubbull) (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Play Rough
- Earthquake

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hello Gangsterish,
Interesting sets and congrats on the peak. I have a few quick suggestions -

Firstly, I feel like Abra isn't a great fit because it offers very little defensive synergy on an otherwise fairly bulky team. This shows in how your team may struggle against Fire-types, especially Flame Charge Ponyta; your main method to deal with it is to paralyze it with Snubbull, which doesn't enjoy getting burnt, or on the switch with Ferroseed, which still gives Ponyta plenty of room to tear holes in your team, as well as being outright ineffective if Ponyta is paired with cleric support. To remedy this, I recommend Slowpoke over Abra. On top of checking Fire-types, Slowpoke can still spread paralysis and check Omanyte, and is much better at dealing with Shellder and Shell Smash Dwebble. The few Pokemon that Abra handles better than Slowpoke (Timburr, Scraggy) are dealt with by the rest of your team without much trouble.
Slowpoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
The choice of moves is pretty straight-forward. Thunder Wave fits with all the Substitute users on your team, Scald, is Slowpoke's most spammable move because it has the potential to cripple most of Slowpoke's switch-ins, Psychic lets Slowpoke handle most Fighting-types, most notably letting it switch into Croagunk, and Fire Blast heavily damages Steel-type switch-ins. I don't think Slack Off is necessary because most of the Pokemon Slowpoke needs Slack Off to check are handled quite well by the rest of your team, and its stallish nature makes it difficult to justify on an otherwise fairly offensive team.
This may seem to make the team weaker to Pawniard, but you have so many paralysis and sub users, especially on the Pokemon Pawniard would like to come in on, that I doubt Pawniard is that big of a threat to your team in practice. Plus, Pawniard doesn't OHKO Slowpoke so you can get a Thunder Wave off on it.

I don't see Brick Break being all that useful on Drilbur, as it provides pretty redundant coverage with Earthquake, and you could always spam sub on something else to stall out screens. Instead, Poison Jab over Brick Break could turn Drilbur into a nice Cottonee lure, since variants fast enough to outspeed Fletchling and Prankster Encore its Substitute could make a mess of things.

One Pokemon that could prove to be troublesome for your team is Recycle Drifloon. A well-timed Thunder Wave will usually do the trick, and Fletchling can beat it 1v1, but it could still be annoying to deal with if it Substitutes at the right times. With your current Porygon EV spread, Drifloon is able to win against Porygon quite handily, because 24 HP means that burns do 3 damage. If you move the HP EVs to Defense, then Porygon will only have 23 HP, so burns will only do 2 damage; it will also reduce the power of Drifloon's Acrobatics. Porygon will still lose if it switches in with 23 HP/15 Def, but it will at least be able to beat Drifloon in a 1v1 scenario. Alternatively, you could move the HP EVs to SpD so that opposing Porygon's Downloads (or Traced Downloads) boost Attack instead of Special Attack, making it harder for them to revenge-kill a weakened Porygon of your own, or you could move it to SpA so that you're guaranteed the OHKO on Fast Mienfoo and Staryu as opposed to a 9/16 roll from full health (although you're guaranteed to OHKO after Stealth Rock). In general, 24 HP is not a good number to hit (unless you're using a Regenerator Pokemon) because it increases damage from things like entry hazards and burns, so you should move the HP EVs somewhere else.

I'm not fond of your current Snubbull EV spread because 23 HP /14 Def is usually enough when it comes to physical bulk, and 17 Atk doesn't provide that many more KOs over 16 Atk. In addition, even though Snubbull isn't switching into Special attacks most of the time, 25 HP / 10 SpD is really underwhelming, with a chance to be OHKOed by Elekid's Thunderbolt and even Sashbra's Psychic after Stealth Rock. The standard EV spread with an Adamant nature of 36 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe will let you get the para on a greater variety of Pokemon, and lets you outspeed Skrelp and Timburr.

Moving Fletchling's Speed EVs to HP could let it survive Drilbur's Rock Slide and 19 Attack Pawniard's Knock Off after Stealth Rock, but then you speed tie with physical/Nasty Plot Croagunk, so it's your call.

That's all I have for now. Good luck!

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Just curious, why brick break on drilbur? What does it hit that you actually need for it to hit?

Just curious, why brick break on drilbur? What does it hit that you actually need for it to hit?
Brick break really only comes into play late-late game and only serves to work as a hitting move on birds and other mons still alive. If the opponent has vullaby and timburr or ferro. It's usage is very minimal. Basically I have tried running Pjab and shadow claw, but those moves end up having even more of a risk with less usage. With BB I know I will rarely use it, but know that when I do, worst case scenario is some neutral damage.

A very late post, but this team is simply amazing! I gave it for a whirl in the last few days of the LC suspect and made reqs in just 45 battles - with no prior experience to the LC metagame. I felt it was very versatile, capable of adapting to most situations. Foongus with HP Fire can be a bit of a pain with the right defensive core backing it, but the only thing that I felt I could not get around without a lot of hax is a defensive core of Hippopotas, Pumpkaboo, and Vullaby. Nonetheless, with some reads and proper judgment, the team basically carried me up the ladder. Massive props.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)