Noticed something odd about the ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its seems that for the most part the ladder rankings for everybody (aside from 1-3 people at very top) have been declining across the board. It use to be the ladder would be much closer for all competitors, but now the difference between the top 1-3 and the rest is at least 30 points (and 20-35 on the furthest right of the glicko, whatever that part is called, I know you want it to be lower though)

A few weeks ago things were closer, but in general everybodys scores have been going down. For randbats in order to be in top 100 you needed a score of around 1830 (I'm talking about after the tweaking of course after enough battles had been played for there to be a strong base score ceiling) but now the lowest score is 1780 with difference between top scorer and second closest being 100 points!

It all seems rather odd, like the new system inevitably lowers everybodys scores through whatever reason, and either these few people are GODLIKE and able to predict random chance even, or have some sort of insider information to avoid the shortcomings of the newly tweaked system.

I would imagine it's just due to decay and the fact that people ladder to the top then park accounts there or something.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with the ladder; there have been no changes to how the ladder works in over a month. You're just noticing some random noise and trying to discern a nonexistent trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)