Now Playing 2: The Return of Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Gift the most on Christmas. FUCK that song is PERERRRRRERERFECT. Brings a tear to my eye and at the same time it gives me so much energy. Old Man Gloom <3
And taylor is such a noob ._.

Alcest – Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Atmospheric Black Metal meets Post-Rock elements, and makes for a great sound.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
such a noob, but loves his itunes.

Timberland - Apologise

If only he said something other than "heh" One Republic carried this song(though it is old)

Apathy-Eastern Philosophy- intro of sorts, basically sums up what its like to live on east side primarily ny/nj/ct area. everything he says about it is true.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Black Eyed Peas - Anxiety

Now I heard this song from their album. Liking the Indie/Rock theme it had going on. I was not sure who else was in it, because I could tell it wasn't just TBYP.

Later on in time I was watching "You Got Served" to see it used as a tribute near the end of the film. I enjoyed this, and decided to look up the song finding out Papa Roach had been apart of the song.

To this day I still love this song, 2 years on.

Rachel's - Honeysuckle Suite (Sugar Maple-Elm-Sweetgum)

If you like the harpsichord then this is the track for you. The ending is one of the most amazing things I've ever heard featuring a fast tempo harpsichord with a climatic ending.

Kings Of Leon - On Call

I love the singer's voice, but other than that, the band is pretty much average to mt ears. On Call is like their second best song in my opinion and that's not really talking about much.

7/10

Radiohead - Meeting In The Aisle

If there was a song to replace Fitter Happier on OK Computer, ths is what I would hope was it. such a moving song, Something that you would listen to as you are flying through space.

8/10

Seabound - Scorch The Ground

Outstanding. Great lyrics and the beat works really well for this exceptional futurepop song. Man, I love Seabound and it's almost the only futurepop/synthpop artist I listen to.

9/10

Danger Doom - "Old School"
10/10
This song has a very catchy upbeat rhythm to it, not to mention the lyrics are comedic, describing a typical TV junkie's life during a Saturday. I've always had a love for funny or sarcastic lyrics, so this is an instant classic in my eyes.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thrice - Kings Upon The Main

This is supposed to be a post-hardcore band, but their Water disc sounds more like Radiohead meets Pelican meets Porcupine Tree.

norulz

excellent
Nada Surf - Popular

I've been rediscovering Nada Surf lately. High-Low is an amazing album.
Probably their most famous song, and it delivers. Even though most of the lyrics are spoken and not sang, the chorus (the part that is sang) and the vocals are amazing. This song is one of those rare songs that appeals more on the vocals rather than the instrumental, which is still very amazing, especially the guitar before and during the chorus. Basically, this is a 3:50 minute track that you can't dislike, if you're into alternative.

9.7/10

Dead Dogs Two (Boards of Canada Remix) - cLOUDDEAD

fuck i hate writing about my songs why can't you just listen to the track yourself

Dose One and Why? sing/rap/talk about two dogs in a field off the highway and then comment on man's fixation on violence and horror (we secretly long to be some part of a car crash). Although the subject matter seems morbid, Dead Dogs makes me so fucking happy. The lyrics are brilliantly dreamy -- and Boards of Canada on the mix just takes it to a higher level.

it's hard to stand the sight
of two dogs dead
under a sky so blue

and

everyone blank in accident awe
as the car crash fiberglass dust
straight up settles on your raw muscle tissue

anticon. anticon. anticon. give me more plz

A few songs I've been listening to lately...

The Mars Volta - Ilyena
When they do songs like this, it makes me excited for the new album. The drumming is out of this world and the vocal melodies are catchy as always. Out of the five songs they've released so far, this is easily the best. The Bedlam in Goliath is going to slay Amputechture.

M.I.A. - XR2
I love how all over the place this beat can be. The video game sounds rule, and so does the verse composed most entirely of acronyms.

Russian Circles - Death Rides A Horse
My favorite RC song ever... so far. It's nonstop action and epicness. I'm listening to get pumped for the new cd, even though it'll be a long time before it's out.

Taylor

i am alien
Nas - I Know I Can

yada yada, heard the song through a 2005's best rap songs mixed together.

Piano makes this song!

Un-gravitify, the theme song from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (if you saw in my topic about that game I posted this morning). Fucking awesome.

Depth Affect -- OD-MF-Side

"largely instrumental hip-hop-infused french electronica"

Muffled Old Dirty Bastard/MF Doom samples amidst chunky beats and choppy keyboard melodies. This track, like all of the tracks off of Arche-Lymb, is brilliant. I really recommend checking out the album if you like electronic music at all, it's one of the most solid albums I've heard in a long time.

bonus: Alias of anticon. fame makes a cameo rapping on the brilliant track Wyoming Highway!

Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet

I was unimpressed with this album, but this song is fantastic. Not listened to this band in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)