np: LC - Smells Like Teen Spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
tbh not many things can actually take advantage of gligar. Toxic wrecks a ton of switch-ins and that combined with it's great bulk, speed and relative power makes dealing with it rather hard. And that's only for the defensive set, SD is even worse to try and take on. For this reason you should try and limit Gligar's free switch-in opportunities to a minimum or hopefully none at all

tbh not many things can actually take advantage of gligar. Toxic wrecks a ton of switch-ins and that combined with it's great bulk, speed and relative power makes dealing with it rather hard. And that's only for the defensive set, SD is even worse to try and take on. For this reason you should try and limit Gligar's free switch-in opportunities to a minimum or hopefully none at all
I specifically use Missy, who is not at all threatened by Gligar and can get off a free Sub or Icy Wind. It's worth it to me to have a backup against things like Scraggy and Vanha

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah Carvanha is still a dominating sweeper in LC, thats for sure. I'm not sure if anything is "Broken" imo though.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's bordering on broken imo, because there isn't much it can't do massive damage to. It also has to be killed by priority, pretty much.

Any news on a deadline/reqs?

Why was Vulpix banned when it was Drought that was banned in UU?
Because Vader reigns supreme in LC tiering and this is what he said. He and Dubs said that they don't like the idea of banning "part of a pokemon" so they just banned Vulpix instead. We won't miss it anyway as there are several better Fire types.

To be honest my guess is that Vulpix was the thing nominated, so it was the thing voted on and banned.

EDIT: fair enough

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Our vote was held before the UU vote, so they actually broke the precedent that we set for them. Jabba can do whatever he wants, though, and even if I strongly disagree with him banning Drought the ability from UU, it is not my place to talk to him about it.

Here is my reasoning: Moody and Drought are two very different animals. Moody has been deemed to be broken because it is detrimental to the very playing of the game, and it has now in fact been banned from Ubers as well, through a special clause. This puts Moody in the same boat as Evasion and OHKO moves. There is no such reason to ban Drought; the ability itself does not break the game. What does break the game is the Pokemon that utilizes it.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Drought was banned in UU because if Ninetales ever dropped to UU, we wouldn't have to waste any time dealing with it whatever way we would (quickban/full test/whatever).

Pretty big if, since we can all agree Ninetales will never drop. But since Vulpix has absolutely no utility in UU outside of Drought, it's clearly the ability that's broken, which makes Vulpix/Drought is essentially the same exact ban in UU. Therefore, it was decided that it would be the safest route.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
These reqs are tentative, but...

To qualify for this round of Suspect voting you must have a rating of 1200.

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Bulky Staryu has been doing really well for me this round. I've been seeing a lot more dwebble's in this meta, so I finally decided on running a spinner and Staryu is perfect. A lot of things don't like switching into HPump and that coupled with it's pretty good bulk with Eviolite makes it a great utility Mon. It can check Vanha, Houndour, Gligar, and numerous others all while having access to recovery, natural cure (great in a meta filled with Toxic), and rapid spin for those annoying spike stackers. Pairs well with powerful SR weak Mons like LO Houndour, letting it wreak havoc for a longer period of time while Dour helps deal with Ghosts that may be blocking your spin.

I don't think that 1200 people play LC. I concur with SA on the rating thing.
Wow you finally changed your name. Now I can't forget who you are. And yeah, he definitely meant rating. This is good, because I have like 3 alts already either just below 1200 or just above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)