Metagame NP: RU Stage 5: Gods and Monsters (HOUNDOOMINITE IS BL2, READ POST #178)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If you guys don't mind/haven't already I would like for Pidgeot Mega to be banned or suspected its too strong to stall against and its making me lose so many ladder points which is distressing me. I'd also be okay with just banning Refresh+Pidgeot or Work Up+Pidgeot.
There is a suspect being posted shortly (p sure it will be today), and the suspects are most likely Serperior, Dragalge, and Mega Pidgeot unless something changes at the last minute.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
There is a suspect being posted shortly (p sure it will be today), and the suspects are most likely Serperior, Dragalge, and Mega Pidgeot unless something changes at the last minute.

Thanks. do you mean AND (as in all three at once) or OR (as in one at a time) sorry im really impatient but if you don't know/want to tell I guess I will find out soon

A Dragalge suspect seems fine, even overdue for a lot of people, and Mega Pidgeot is pretty amazing, since it can now run two sets, but I feel a Serperior suspect is a bit hasty. Sure, it is an amazing Pokemon, with a high powered STAB move that increases its special attack by 2, but we have had it for not even a week, could we not wait a bit longer?

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Granbull counters panda for the most part. Sure there is cb gunk shot but that's extremely bad to lock yourself in and could be too risky. Not saying it shouldn't be suspected but it sort of has counters. You could always like run scarf Granbull to be a "counter" in the purest definition of counter or Kebia berry which might not be viable but purely to be technical yes panda has counters

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
locking this for now, the new NP thread will be up in a bit. For the record, the ladder will be up once TI sees my forum PM :]

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You don't even have to run stupid shit like the above post, Hitmontop and 84 Spe EV Golbat are both counters to Pangoro without running extremely dumb shit like Scarf Granbull. Pangoro is really only super threatening to pure stall teams, but building stall teams that put an adequate amount of pressure on Pangoro isn't impossible (fast Moonblast Cresselia is a lord, and a good win con for stall). Aside from this full stall is not really the greatest play style to begin with, as trying to cover every threat passively will always be extremely difficult.

Why isn't Pangoro being tested for a suspect? From what I've played and heard, it has no counters or am I wrong about that?
Pangoro was brought up for a suspect test along with the three Pokemon that are being suspected and some other Pokemon, Pangoro may get a suspect sometime down the line, it may not, we'll see how the meta changes. It is also important to remember that just because a Pokemon has no counters does not mean it is automatically broken, for example BW OU Hydreigon had no counters (at least this is the example used, I don't know the meta well enough to be sure o.o).

I also dont see why you would suspect dragalge and not pangoro :[
Because Dragalge is more centralizing than Pangoro, and is actually really good against almost every playstyle, while Pangoro is really good against teams that try to deal with threats only passively, and just pretty good in other match ups. Both were considered for suspect by the council and the council was unanimous on Dragalge, and no one was really that passionate about suspecting panda right now, but it is on our radar.

Also linking SQSA answer thread because that's where the first post belongs (and people seem to have forgotten it exists), and the second post is just whiny drivel that belongs no where n_n.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ask-a-simple-question-get-a-simple-answer-ru-edition.3506178/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)