NU Balanced Team

Hey Guys, this is my first RMT. I used to suck at NU (I lost like 15 times in a row my first try back in the early days of Gen V using a Rock Polish Relicanth....), but I think I have gotten better and have built a decent and balanced team.

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Trait: Quick Feet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Earthquake/ Aqua Tail

Scolipede is a very good offensive spiker, perhaps the best in the tier. I usually choose EQ over Aqua Tail because I don't usually keep it in against Golurk and I really hate Probopass (personal preference), but Aqua Tail is useful to finish off non-custap Golems w/ broken Sturdy. This is pretty standard except I use T-Spikes over Rock Slide because my team is a bit stallish and it appreciates the support. I also use Quick Feet because for some reason people love to paralyze my Scolipede.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Wish
- Toxic

This is a pretty standard set. The wish passes help out Metang and Kanghaskhan, and this thing is overall a very good physical wall. Regenerator is always standard on any Alomomola. I usually just switch her in on a physical attacker to find out its set. It is kinda set-up bait and is vulnerable to status, but that is why I carry....

Vileplume @ Life Orb
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spd
Modest Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

This set is pretty standard offensive Vileplume, except I run aromatherapy over Sleep Powder. I really really hate moves with crappy accuracy, despite the almost free KO, and I have found that Aromatherapy is helpful for keeping Alomomola alive longer. So many teams are carrying a Lovely Kiss Jynx counter now anyways that Sleep Powder isn't that useful, so I just Sludge Bomb the switch-in. Vileplume is bulkier than you would think and a surprising number of Pokemon can't really touch it.

Electabuzz @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice/ Psychic

Electabuzz is my Ace in the Hole. It out-speeds Scarfed Charizard, Jynx, Tauros, and +2 Gorebyss. Carracosta has a good chance to OHKO with +2 Aqua Jet even without Stealth Rock on the field, but I have Alomomola for countering that. I like to run Psychic because I haven't gotten much use out of HP Ice and I like the extra damage against non-Skuntank Poison-types. It also OHKOs Alomomola, which is always a plus. I have considered HP Grass for Seismitoad but it is so weak...

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Kangaskhan is a monster. The Fake Out and Sucker Punch combo is so deadly. I use this thing primarily for revenge killing and just racking up free damage with Fake Out. Scrappy is a great ability because it allows her to mess up Haunter and Golurk, and also deal respectable damage to Misdreavus.

Metang @ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Toxic
- Bullet Punch

Metang is incredibly useful right now in the metagame. I use it sort of as a bulky pivot that can Toxic walls like Lickilicky, who runs out of Heal Bells pretty fast, and Musharna. It also is used to kill Jynx as it is a pain. My team also needs Stealth Rocks and Metang can usually set them up because it is pretty bulky. I have used a more defensive spread in the past, but I really missed out on the offensive presence because Meteor Mash lands rarely enough, and even rarely provides me with an attack boost.

Well that's it!! Let me know your suggestions to help me with this team, and thanks for reading!

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Trait: Quick Feet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Earthquake

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Wish
- Toxic

Vileplume @ Life Orb
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spd
Modest Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Electabuzz @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Metang @ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Toxic
- Bullet Punch

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi sethkillu2 ,

First off, Alomomola should be running an EV spread of 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SDef. This allows it to tank special hits more comfortably from things such as Charizard, who you lack a good switch-in to, while still retaining maximum physical bulk. Also, I think the bulky Scolipede EV spread might be a bit better for your team in general, particularly because you're running Black Sludge. This allows it to switch in to the likes of Sawk easier and set up Spikes and Toxic Spikes.

Not too many changes required since your team can deal with the majority of the metagame if you play right. The only problem I see is the lack of a powerful physical attacker, which means special walls like Lickilicky can give your team a hard time. Tbh, you really don't have many hard-hitters in general on your team other than maybe Vileplume, who can't boost its stats. The best I can come up with right now is replacing Vileplume with SubBU Braviary, who deals with most of the stuff Vileplume beats one-on-one, threatens special walls, and gives your team a win condition.

Good luck.

Alomomola: EV spread --> 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SDef
Scolipede: EV spread --> 248 HP / 36 Atk / 56 Def / 168 Spd

Braviary @ Leftovers
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SDef / 64 Spd
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)