Project NU Break this Team: Curse Quag Stall: Voting Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Core 2 has proven itself to be the winner this week so congratulations to Oda. Thanks to Shane for the team as well.

Time for a new team!

A team provided by iplaytennislol that utilizes an offensive core of Specs Lapras and Life Orb Sceptile. Steelix, Skuntank, and Xatu form a very solid defensive wall while the former two help keep the field clear of hazards for Charizard, which is using a bulkier set to hold off fighting and opposing fire types better.

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Surf
- Frost Breath

Charizard
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpD / 136 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earthquake

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 HP / 136 Atk / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Skuntank @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Roost
- Signal Beam

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leaf Storm

Description: So i built around specs Lapras. First thing i thought of was what comes in on Lapras. When Hariyama came into my head I decided i needed a good switch in. With Charizard dropping i wanted to use it. The reason i went no item acro is to tank knock offs better. Its a pretty safe switch in to Yama barring stone edge ;-;. The bulk allows it to take 2 life orb hyper voices from Pyroar from full. The speed is for adamant Sawk. Steelix was added for a rock/normal/flying resist and rocker. Skunk helps keep hazards off the field as well as resist ghost. Xatu helps my hazard weakness more and switches in safely vs Steelix. I know i dont have heat wave to beat steelix one on one but the way i play around it is by psychic'ing 2-3 times to take it out of sturdy range then u turn to lapras as it takes like 20 max from heavy slam. Sceptile finishes off the team because i wanted speed and another water resist.

Have at it folks, post cores till friday.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento
- Taunt

Barbaracle @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Return
- Cross Chop

This is a personally satisfying team to break down because tennis made fun of me when I first brought Lapras into the eye of the public (love you babe glad you're back). The team doesn't so much as struggle with Mismagius, but it does do an alright job of softening the team up (especially with rocks) and providing memento support for barb. Considering the team is heavily reliant on Lapras + Sceptile to check Water-types, Barbaracle can crush the team fairly easily once it has a turn to set up.

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Thunder Punch

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Discharge

These two are a pretty potent core, and certainly do a number to this team. Busken can set up freely on Skuntank and Sceptile, and at +2 can essentially OHKO every member of the squad besides Xatu which only needs Stealth Rock damage. Rotom also annoys the team greatly as the team has nothing to take a burn outside of Charizard (which just gets Discharged), and Skuntank isn't running Pursuit to trap Rotom. The team's Electric immunity is also a Steelix, meaning Rotom can just burn it and set up a free sub to do what Rotom does best and annoy the team.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This core is pretty scary for the team as Skuntank can manipulate and potentially take out Xatu or revenge one of the members with Sucker Punch, so Scarf Sawk can basically rampage through the team with little trouble. A Rock-type or Rotom makes this core even scarier to fight as they can take out Charizard, who can threaten Sawk by resisting Close Combat.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Skuntank + Sawk is the winner of this week, congrats to BrandonBeast. That actually is quite the coincidence because he made the team for this week as well. It's a pretty offensive team in nature that utilizes the combination of Memento Jumpluff and shell smash Omastar.

Description
So I decided to build the team around a Omastar + Jumpluff core because they synergize pretty well with each other, with Jumpluff luring in Flying or Fire-types for Omastar to threaten or set up on, and also can use Memento to cripple an opponent into becoming set-up bait for Omastar. Also Sleep Powder is really nice to immobilize one of the opponent's mons as well. I decided to add Assault Vest Magmortar to complete the FWG core and add a switchin to a lot of special attacker and Sleepers, as well as adding a wallbreaker too. Now even though I had a Grass-type in Jumpluff, I still wanted something to switch into Water-types not named Pelipper/Mantine so I added Sceptile as a good attacker overall and has a nice advantage against offensive teams thanks to it's godlike 120 Speed. For the last two mons I added a Steelix + Hitmonchan core to add Stealth Rock, a switchin to Flying, Rock, and Fairy types (Steelix), and a good Spinner as the team was sort of vulnerable to Stealth Rock, and also a nice revenge killer with Mach Punch (Hitmonchan). Honestly the team does have a lot of faults, such as being quite weak to Fighting types (Not a good idea in this Sawk suspect meta), so a change you could make is maybe add a Psychic type like Grumpig or Mesprit over Magmortar or Hitmonchan to add a switchin to Close Combat and Grumpig or Mesprit can also add Thunder Wave support, and Grumpig adds a switchin to Fire and Ice moves as well. But overall, it's a pretty cool offensive team that's brought me nice results so far in the meta, even with its faults, and I hope you all like it!

Importable
Omastar @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Memento
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Leaf Storm
- Rock Slide

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

looking forward to some neat cores to beat this, submissions last until Friday like usual.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Reserving Gurdurr + Mesprit

Gurdurr and Mesprit threaten this team immensely, as this team lacks a sturdy Fighting resist, allowing Gurdurr to set up Bulk Ups relatively easy on both Steelix and Hitmonchan while also doing decent damage to Omastar provided it has not set up. Magmortar is a bit more tricky, but manageable as Gurdurr can do enough damage with Drain Punch followed by Mach Punch, allowing Mesprit to pick it off with Psychic. Mesprit on the on the other hand, can easily OHKO Mesprit with Ice Beam and 2HKO Sceptile with Ice Beam. Mesprit can also heal up Gurdurr with Healing Wish, allowing it to do even more damage to this team.

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)