NU Checks Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.
calling anything but mantine a guaranteed switch-in to charizard is sketchy because all of its sets can cover different checks. specs zard can run focus blast for regirock because it only needs fire blast, air slash, and hp grass. sd burns regirock, which makes it absurdly easy to switch into. life orb can run earthquake to 2hko lanturn. these aren't obscure sets, which is why i'd still consider mantine a guaranteed switch-in; even tho it could run hp electric for it, it almost never does because mantine isn't generally common enough to justify it. acro prolly does buttloads to mantine too though so idek if you can justify calling it a guaranteed switch-in.

mesprit shouldnt even be on shaky switch-ins.

grumpig should be under SSI because it's one of the few pokemon that reliably checks special zards.

poh

<?>
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
calling anything but mantine a guaranteed switch-in to charizard is sketchy because all of its sets can cover different checks. specs zard can run focus blast for regirock because it only needs fire blast, air slash, and hp grass. sd burns regirock, which makes it absurdly easy to switch into. life orb can run earthquake to 2hko lanturn. these aren't obscure sets, which is why i'd still consider mantine a guaranteed switch-in; even tho it could run hp electric for it, it almost never does because mantine isn't generally common enough to justify it. acro prolly does buttloads to mantine too though so idek if you can justify calling it a guaranteed switch-in.

mesprit shouldnt even be on shaky switch-ins.

grumpig should be under SSI because it's one of the few pokemon that reliably checks special zards.
The problem i had with finding switch-ins is like you mentioned that Zard can run multiple sets. Although i still think that Regirock is a GSI since it 2HKOs Zard even when Burned. Maybe i have to add which set they can switch in to? I'll add Grumpig as a SSI.

i wouldn't mind regirock staying on the safe list if only because it's very often safe, which is an achievement in itself for a charizard check. tbh lanturn could probably stay too on those grounds.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm just curious about the GSI for both vivillon and steelix.

steelix has a decently successful lure set that beats out rotom, gougiest and weezing.

and I personally wouldn't have anything besides klinklang be a GSI for viv, as the sub set does 1v1 them a decent amount of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)