NU Doubles RMT

This is an NU doubles team. Don't be hating because its an Odd tier. Its actually really fun.

Slaking Sticks out possibly more then any other pokemon in NU, when you only look at its base stats. Amazing bulk, 150-100-65 (meh), 160 attack, and 100 Speed lets it, in turns of base stats, fit in with the best of the OU pokemon. Then, its downfall is its ability, and I needed to work around it.

Slaking the problem? Victreebels the answer. Acsess to gastro acid, decent bulk (for NU), useable speed (again, for NU), and ok Attack/Special Attack (for NU) and being in NU makes him the perfect choice for the team. Its ability, Chlorophyll and acsess to sunny day is a HUGE +1, too.

Alright, ill admit it. Im a nOOb that always uses charizard, even in OU, where, with a spinner it works. Amazing 100 Base speed, and 108 Special attack makes it a beast.

Even though hazzards are less practical in doubles, I added a spinner that behaves as a tank and spin away possible entry hazzards.

I choose Cherrim to help set up sun, and help himself, charizard, slaking, and victreebel. Flower gift in the sun makes him incredibly bulky (for NU).

At first,a water on a sun team is an odd choice, but sharpedo serves as a good revenge killer/mixed sweeper when sun is down. Kind of like how on a trick room team you should usually have a fast sweeper for when trick room is down.

Lead #1 King Kong/Slaking@ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 Attack/252 SpE/4 HP
~Earthquake
~Fire Punch
~Return
~Thunderpunch

100 Speed, with max ev's and a +nature means that slaking can outspeed/tie most of the OU metagame. 160 attack and 150 HP makes him no slouch offensivly or defensivly, either. Tone that down to NU, and slakings in a top speed tier. Kind of ironic, eh? I'd never suspect him to be fast. Earthquake May seem like a gamble in doubles, but charizard is immune to it, cherrim absorbs it in the sun, and armaldo can take one, and it helps take down some big NU threats. Fire and electric offensivly complement each other very well, and I can hit most pokemon at least netrully. Shadow claw got a slot over STAB return, because there were to many ghost leads running around, burning me and ruining my sweep.

Lead #2 Victreebell@ Focus Sash
Carefull Nature
120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
~Gastro Acid
~Protect
~Sunny Day
~Solar Beam

Hell ya this is prodictable. But its not a gimmick. Taunt isn't verry common in NU, and I almost always Gastro Acid Slaking with the sash, which I have found to be verry unpredictable. No matter what, I always use gastro acid first. Then I either scout/protect myself from slakings earthquake with protect, or set myself up with sun. Then i'll swap out, or procede to attack with solar beam, and speed boosted by chlorophyll. He recived fierce compitition from vileplume, but I gave the spot to victreebel for taking better advantage of it's ability, and for having better attacking stats.

Sweeper Charizard@ Life Orb
Timid Nature
252 SpA / 252 Spe/ 4 HP
~Fire Blast
~Air Slash
~Focus Blast (Dragon Pulse?)
~Solar Beam (HP: Grass?)

Call him crappy. Call him overrated for a shit pokemon. Say pebbles kill him. I really don't care. Charizard has a speed thats common in OU and special attack higher then infernape. Theese things are viable in OU. The diffrence? You can use charizard in NU. With his OU like stats, he can tear apart the NU metagame. I initially ran dagon pulse, but replaced it with focus blast, because there's a grand total of 0 dragons in NU, so focus blast becomes the better option. Fire blast over flamethrower, because the extra power helps, and it dosen't miss too oftenly. Air slash is nice STAB, and the flinchhax often tends to help me out. While solar beam seems like a strange option, its not really. Charizard is oftenly sent out in the sun, or with a sun starter, and solar beam lets me hit bulky waters that tend to switch in.

Tank Armaldo@ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
129 Attack/ 129 HP/ 129 Defense
~Rapid Spin
~X-Scisor
~Stone Edge
~Swords Dance

I needed a pokemon to spin hazzards away, and Armaldo stood out at me more then Sandslash, Delibird, and Torkoal. Torkoal, because he"s weak to stealth rock himself, Delibird for obvious reasons, and Sandslash, because Armaldo has higher SpD and Attack. X-Scizor hits grass, dark, ETC types hard, and stone edge hits flyers, fires, ETC. There also both STAB. Swords Dance lets armaldo make up for ot maxing out attack.

Sun Support #2 Cherrim@ Heatrock
Modest Nature
252 SpA/ 252 SpE
~Sunny Day
~Solar Beam
~Protect
~Helping Hand

Whilst I was serching the NU tier, I decided I needed a bulky pokemon to reliably set up Sun. While little stuck out to fit this role, and benifit greatly from the sun, I looked at each NU sunny day user closley. Seing Cherrims Flower Gift ability (+ Attack and SpD 50% In sun), and great support movepool, I decided to give her a try. She pairs amazingly with Slaking, providing a SpD boost to his pitifull special defense, and an attack boost to his amazing attack. She also can absorb his earthquakes quite well, boost them with helping hand, or take no damage from them with protect. Speeking of helping hand, it lets her pair with basicly anyone on the team, (bar sharpedo) by helping their sweep, and raising their SpD. I choose solar beam over energy ball, because I found weather teams less common In NU.

Sweeper Sharpedo@ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
252 Attack/ 252 SpE/ 4 HP
~Crunch
~Waterfall
~Aqua Jet
~Earthquake

Ill admit this one. Originally, when I made this tem a few years ago (Ive edited it greatly, or course!) I was a major nOOb, and had no idea that in sun, water type moves damage was halfed. While this was originally a problem, I've worked around it. As long as Sharpedo stays hidden untill late game, where every move counts and I cant waste a precious move on setting up sun, he can be a major threat. 120 Attack Is amazing, and 95 speed is also impressive (especially in NU). Waterall and crunch are manditory physical STAB, as well as priority when another pokemon just fails to score a KO. Earthquake earned a spot because I found verry many electric types coming in, and causing him to switch out.

Thank you or taking the time to review my team, and please if you have any suggestions for improvement, don't hesitate to tell me! :)

I would suggest Earthquake over Rapin Spin on Armaldo since switching is quite uncommon in Double battles, and also Rock Slide over Stone Edge for hitting multiple targets.

First off, props for playing the best tier in the game, NU. ;D

Second, I really think Slaking wants Return. With STAB plus that massive attack stat, it's going to hit everything that doesn't resist it for a fuckload of damage. You can put it over anything but Shadow Claw. Since you can't EQ on turn one unless you don't want Victreebel to use Gastro Acid (it would have to Protect if you've EQing), without Return you're stuck using a fairly weak unSTABed move. Now you can mangle something with Return while Victreebel takes care of Truant instead.

alright, return it is

and I just had a total nOOb moment, the whole time I was testing return, I frogot to max happiness

EDIT:I replaced shadow claw, hows he look now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)