1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

NU parafusion (Please Help)

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by That TM87, Dec 24, 2012.

1. That TM87

That TM87

I'm new to competitive battling, just not pokemon so I'm new to the whole team building aspect so I'm going to try my best to show you the team i built, and honestly i know its far from perfect i just want helpful feedback on how to make it better.

okay here are my team members:

Golurk (No Guard)
    Nature: Adamant
    Item: Leftovers
    176 HP 248 Attk 84 Spe
    Moveset:stealthrocks; dynamic punch; earthquake; stone edge

The idea behind Golurk is that he is a bulky attacker that i can rely on to do damage and to get up rocks, and he is a reliable spin blocker too. Also, with paralysis support he is faster than almost all pokemon, and causes parafusion which is the center of my team. the reasoning behind my 84 speed EVs is just so that i can outspeed base 65 pokemon, like a few walls, flareon for example and KO, before they burn/ or annoy me.

Exeggutor (Harvest)
    Nature: Bold
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    252 HP
    172 Defense
    84 Spe
    Moveset:Substitute; Leech seed; stun spore; psychic

The idea behind exeggutor is that he is one of the most annoying defensive sub seeders ever, he uses substitute on the switch (because most people will switch to whatever they feel wall exeggutor) and i can either leech seed/stun spore/ or psychic depending on what i deem is the best option, also my team greatly appreciates that leech seed support. (I've been considering using HP ice or fire, but don't know which one quite yet or if i should...it would be over stun spore)

Grumpig (Thick Fat)
    Nature: Calm
    Item: Leftovers
    252 HP
    252 SpD
    4 Def
    Moveset: psychic; healbell; thunderwave; confuse ray

Grumpig was one of those pokemon i have always underestimated, mainly due to his lack of immediate recovery, but surprisingly he has won me many matches, he ends up starting the parafusion shenanigans, and even though he can't immediately recover, i noticed that between all the forced switches and wasted turns he causes he gains ALOT of health through leftovers, and my team needed a special wall, so who better than grumpig!

Alomomola (Regenerator)
    Nature: Impish
    Item: Rocky Helmet
    252 HP
    252 Def
    4 Attk
    Moveset: wish; protect; toxic; waterfall

Honestly i REALLY couldn't think of a better physical wall in NU. he can sponge physical hits for days, and rocky helmet acts as a hindrance for many physical attackers like Klinklang, and friends. also, it makes double switches to get the advantage much easier. With regenerator/wish he seems unstoppable. The combination of Grumpig/Alomomola is good because of Wish providing recovery , and Alomomola seems to pull through when i need her best. Plus paraflinch is nice but unlikely and toxic is for those pesky golurks and those who aren't paralyzed.

Zebstrika (Sap Sipper)
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Choice Specs
    252 spA
    252 Spe
    4 spD
    Moveset: VoltSwitch, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power (grass), OverHeat

Honestly i needed something to counter tangela and any other sleep powder abuser in the tier or a grass type. i originally had a vital spirit magmar that was also ModestSpecs and DAMN that hit like a truck with a fireBlast. but i realized with SR up, he was severely hindered every time, so i figured, why not try Zebstrika? and Honestly i love him, he gets my switch priority and is overall a good pokemon on my team.

Skuntank (Aftermath)
    Nature: Adamant
    Item: Black Sludge
    252 Attk
    220 SpD
    38 Spe
    Moveset:Pursuit, sucker punch, taunt, crunch

I love this pokemon, he ALWAYS gets me 1-2 kills per match. he's my best counter to Almost* any psychic and Ghost pokemon. without him my team would just completely fail, also he gets rids of T-Spikes which is a very nice plus. imjust wondering if i should remove, sucker punch and or crunch with poison Jab... I've been having trouble with Cacturne.

So the idea behind my team if you hadn't realized already is a mix of trap the pesky pokemon i hate with Skuntank, parafusion all the big threats, and use exeggutor as support for all my pokemon.

Pokemon i have been having trouble with are the following:
    -Skuntank
    -Cacturne
    -Shiftry
    -Musharna (if they have signal beam and i predict poorly)
    and thats all i have encountered so far. its mainly the dark/bug types!
    Thank you :D
  2. SirGrapezz

SirGrapezz

Far from perfect.

Alright, lets cut straight to it. First there's your gaping Ghost, Dark, Bug and Ground weakness. All of which are fairly common to find in the NU metagame.
    Skuntank can shut down 1/2 of your team and Golurk can hit 5/6 of your pokemon for supereffective damage, Pinsir could also be giving you troubles hitting 2/3 of your pokemon for supereffective damage. Fortunately Alomomola can tank all the hits from Pinsir and Golurk but there's still a huge weakness which special attackers will take advantage of. SO, here's some changes we're going to make.

Say hello to these two
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    On your 'threatlist' there is a common weakness of those pokemon (except skuntank) which is Bug. I would recommend grabbing a Pinsir of your own and putting a Choice scarf on it in place of Grumpig, who in my opinion relies too much on hax to do any real damage to your opponents. As for a Golurk counter, I'd recommend Misdrevius, WHAT? COUNTERING A GHOST WITH A GHOST :O, wait. With the recent popularity of No Guard SR/Dynamic punch Golurk, you can switch it in on a dynamic punch and shut it down with Will-O-Wisp. Misdrevius also provides you with a nice Counter to ground type attacks that trouble Zebstrika and Skuntank.

So, all in all your team is looking OK, just replace Grumpig with Pinsir and Golurk with Misdrevius (Lead with Exeguttor and get up a free sub while they set up stealth rocks).

Sets:
    Show Hide

[​IMG]Pinsir @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Close Combat

[​IMG]Misdreavus @ Eviolite
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Bold Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Pain Split
    - Heal Bell

Btw if you don't know how to import these onto Showdown or PO Just copy and paste them into the Import/Export area (found in the teambuilder, you can't miss it) in place of Golurk and Grumpig.

3. That TM87

That TM87

Thank you for the feedback, ill try them out and tell you how it works :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)