Resource XY NU Viability Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked cause i talked about Sandslash too, who is C rank too.
I dont see what All those Mons have to do with Grumpig. Also it has taunt to deal with stall and heal bell
But slash clearly is not a CRank mon because he somewhat checks Kabutops, and has the amazing knock off and rapid spin. Also, Purugly has taunt and thick fat, jynx has taunt and an immunity (a quite common one too, being water), and a reasonably nice spdef. Why not use them? Heal bell is not a huge thing either, a lot of mons get heal bell. It's not good or better than crank mons in any way.

But slash clearly is not a CRank mon because he somewhat checks Kabutops, and has the amazing knock off and rapid spin. Also, Purugly has taunt and thick fat, jynx has taunt and an immunity (a quite common one too, being water), and a reasonably nice spdef. Why not use them? Heal bell is not a huge thing either, a lot of mons get heal bell. It's not good or better than crank mons in any way.
ok read my post properly first. slash is C rank right now and i suggested a move up thats why i asked you.
Secondly purugly has horrible bulk and jinx has much better sets than running taunt + the extra weaknesses make her a bad choice for a defensive mon. Last, heal bell is great on Grumpig allowing it to support the team as well as absorbing statuses. Also whirlwind =anti setup + great for hazard stacking teams.

ok read my post properly first. slash is C rank right now and i suggested a move up thats why i asked you.
Secondly purugly has horrible bulk and jinx has much better sets than running taunt + the extra weaknesses make her a bad choice for a defensive mon. Last, heal bell is great on Grumpig allowing it to support the team as well as absorbing statuses. Also whirlwind =anti setup + great for hazard stacking teams.
whatchu mean bad for defensive pokemon? grumpig has a typing weak to knock off. walrein has encore which is a pseudo taunt. also what would your moveset be, because i don't see what set you're running. special wall is restalk whirlwind. how do you fit taunt. and if you do, why not just run lopunny and outspeed and shut down their stall? lopunny has one weakness, and generally outspeeds knock offs. also doesn't uxie exist which can trick scarfs to shut down stall? uxie also walls and isn't so item dependant. i just feel c rank is grumpig at best, because lets face it, thick fat is nice. not nice enough for b rank.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I agree that amongst the super niche mons in the D Ranks, Lopunny is sitting too low right now. It has two niches that aren't easily replicated by other Pokemon, if at all: Switcheroo and Cosmic Power + Baton Pass. Even if you anticipate a Switcheroo Lopunny, you don't know what it could be passing to your Pokemon. Switch to a Choiced Pokemon and get Lagging Tailed or Flame Orbed; switch to a defensive Pokemon and either get Choiced or Assault Vested. It is possible to make an educated guess as to what Lopunny intends to Switcheroo based on matchup, or get lucky and lead off with something that isn't burdened by Lopunny's item (or have a Frisk Gourgeist immediately blow the surprise), so Lopunny's utility can be reduced. Outside of unseen item switches, Lopunny has utility moves such as Encore, Magic Coat, and Healing Wish, meaning it is less of a sitting duck/easy setup fodder than it may seem.

Then again, all that guesswork can go out the window if Lopunny reveals itself to be a Baton Pass variant. AgiliPass is nothing special, but Lopunny does have some qualities to set it apart from Ninjask, namely a lack of crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, and has the aforementioned utility moves in Encore, Magic Coat, and Healing Wish, which can either help it successfully get the Pass off or remain useful after Passing (unlike Ninjask). Lopunny is also one of the few Pokemon able to pass both defense boosts in the form of Cosmic Power, and dual defense boosts are something any setup sweeper can make use of.

It's certainly better than the likes of goddamn Armaldo, Furfrou, and Gigalith, which are either hopelessly outclassed or just can't do shit.

One more thing I would like to do in order to reflect the current "state of the metagame" is to see a rise of Roselia from C+ to B-. Roselia's utility as a spiker lies in its immense special bulk as well as when invested, good mixed bulk, letting it check some top tier threats including Non-Ice Punch Feraligatr, QD Lilligant, etc. while having access to more versatility than Vileplume in both Natural Cure and Spikes, allowing it to fully support teams as a bulky pivot. Furthermore, it can actually still go offensive this gen as I've tested, and although it now has a lack of power compared to Vileplume, it again is faster and has Natural Cure to act as a good pivot for offensive teams. Its honestly just a good pokemon with few flaws, and in my opinion while doesn't outclass Vileplume, stands a solid niche and should be a B-.

I agree that amongst the super niche mons in the D Ranks, Lopunny is sitting too low right now. It has two niches that aren't easily replicated by other Pokemon, if at all: Switcheroo and Cosmic Power + Baton Pass. Even if you anticipate a Switcheroo Lopunny, you don't know what it could be passing to your Pokemon. Switch to a Choiced Pokemon and get Lagging Tailed or Flame Orbed; switch to a defensive Pokemon and either get Choiced or Assault Vested. It is possible to make an educated guess as to what Lopunny intends to Switcheroo based on matchup, or get lucky and lead off with something that isn't burdened by Lopunny's item (or have a Frisk Gourgeist immediately blow the surprise), so Lopunny's utility can be reduced. Outside of unseen item switches, Lopunny has utility moves such as Encore, Magic Coat, and Healing Wish, meaning it is less of a sitting duck/easy setup fodder than it may seem.

Then again, all that guesswork can go out the window if Lopunny reveals itself to be a Baton Pass variant. AgiliPass is nothing special, but Lopunny does have some qualities to set it apart from Ninjask, namely a lack of crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, and has the aforementioned utility moves in Encore, Magic Coat, and Healing Wish, which can either help it successfully get the Pass off or remain useful after Passing (unlike Ninjask). Lopunny is also one of the few Pokemon able to pass both defense boosts in the form of Cosmic Power, and dual defense boosts are something any setup sweeper can make use of.

It's certainly better than the likes of goddamn Armaldo, Furfrou, and Gigalith, which are either hopelessly outclassed or just can't do shit.
Lopunny is not half as frail as Ninjask, of course it can Agilipass just as well. It depends on preference. She also has Heal Bell, if you don't want to sacrifice her.

Punchshroom

Lopunny is not half as frail as Ninjask, of course it can Agilipass just as well. It depends on preference. She also has Heal Bell, if you don't want to sacrifice her.
Well yeah, I never said Lopunny is bad at AgiliPassing, just that it has some perks over Ninjask. Actually, what exactly does this point do to add to my point? It is basically what I just said.

Pawniard back to B
Sneasel up to B+

Pawniard doesn't deserve a rise imo. Baby bish is cool and all, it has a niche on sticky web teams but I don't think that's enough to make it B+. NU has gotten a new way of getting rid of hazards with Kabutops, and defog has never really been that great in NU since Shiftry left anyways. Sneasel on the other hand is not only faster, but it's stronger by 10 base attack. Sneasel has reliable STAB priority which is very useful in the meta because it hits the few things that are faster than it such as Swellow, Xatu w/ smash pass boosts, +1 Vivillon, but more importantly +1 Lilligant which has become a real threat lately. Pawniard has to rely on sucker punch because of it's poor speed. Sneasel's great speed means it doesn't even have to use it's weaker priority all the time also. Sneasel also boasts the strongest knock off in the tier.

I just feel like Sneasel is overall better than Pawniard except in a few situations like against sticky web teams.

Pawniard back to B
Sneasel up to B+

Pawniard doesn't deserve a rise imo. Baby bish is cool and all, it has a niche on sticky web teams but I don't think that's enough to make it B+. NU has gotten a new way of getting rid of hazards with Kabutops, and defog has never really been that great in NU since Shiftry left anyways. Sneasel on the other hand is not only faster, but it's stronger by 10 base attack. Sneasel has reliable STAB priority which is very useful in the meta because it hits the few things that are faster than it such as Swellow, Xatu w/ smash pass boosts, +1 Vivillon, but more importantly +1 Lilligant which has become a real threat lately. Pawniard has to rely on sucker punch because of it's poor speed. Sneasel's great speed means it doesn't even have to use it's weaker priority all the time also. Sneasel also boasts the strongest knock off in the tier.

I just feel like Sneasel is overall better than Pawniard except in a few situations like against sticky web teams.
I personally want to see them both at B+. As an avid Pawniard and Sneasel user, I can confidently say that what Pawniard lacks in strength, it makes up for in far better typing, letting it more consistently SD. Its Priority is also way stronger, and overall it has a solid niche on bulky offensive and balance teams as a gluemon.

Sneasel on the other hand definitely deserves the rise to B+. Its sheer power alongside amazing Dual STAB Coverage is sick, and its Eviolite Swords Dance set is amazing to say the least.

EDIT:
Kricketune sucks now :/ Maybe C+ or C rank?

Last edited:
I personally want to see them both at B+. As an avid Pawniard and Sneasel user, I can confidently say that what Pawniard lacks in strength, it makes up for in far better typing, letting it more consistently SD. Its Priority is also way stronger, and overall it has a solid niche on bulky offensive and balance teams as a gluemon.

Sneasel on the other hand definitely deserves the rise to B+. Its sheer power alongside amazing Dual STAB Coverage is sick, and its Eviolite Swords Dance set is amazing to say the least.
Im gonna have to agree Pawniard's typing is really great, but I think it relies on sucker punch too much to be effective vs offense where as Sneasel has natural speed which is really great against offense. Sneasel's speed means it doesn't necessarily have to use its priority but can hit things with a knock off instead. Also, Sneasel checks Mesprit, the best mon in the tier. Sucker punch from Pawniard does 68-81% and sneasel is a guaranteed OHKO w/ knock off to Mesprit, but I guess Pawniard's sucker punch can be useful if Mesprit is scarfed because U-turn does 84-99% to sneasel.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Like Zeb said, we are being way to hard on allowing things to rise. Pawniard is a great mon with incredible offensive typing (imo). It has swept me numerous times, mainly because once it gets its checks/counters weakened a tiny bit it can sweep. (FLCL would say that sweeping isnt its role, but yah know I see it as a sweeper lol). It doesnt just have a niche on sticky web teams, it is quite good on various other types of teams as well.

I think Pawniard fits in really well at B+, and I wouldnt be opposed to seeing Sneasel rise to B+ as well.

Punchshroom

Backing up Brawlfest on dropping Tune. Web is just really hard to do in the new meta, losing Spiritomb especially which sucks huge dik, while old threats to Web teams stay.

On another note, Leavanny has improved in this meta (beats top 3 spinners, better chance at stopping Crustle without immediately dying, hardwalls lead Qwilfish, OHKOes SR leads instead of needing to Taunt them...), but Web being tricky to pull off still isn't doing it favors. That said, I'm still a bit salty at people seeing Tune being overall better than Vanny. Yes, Tune has more use after setting up Web, can Taunt Defoggers and SRers, and isn't deadwight against stall, but Leavanny has an easier time actually setting up the damn Web and keeping it in place, while KOing spinners (which can see a rise over Defoggers) and SRers; not to mention that with its Sash intact, it can switch into the likes of Magmortar, Mesprit, Sawk, and Samurott (Vanny might not even need Sash for the latter two) and set up Web on them, meaning it is much less pressured to lead against offensive teams than Tune, which are the kind of teams Web teams excel against anyway. We get that Tune is better than Vanny in certain aspects, but isn't the vice versa true as well? I might even argue that Leavanny is objectively better than Tune, since it fares better against spinners, leads, and even offensive teams in general.

Leavanny and Kricketune should be in the same Rank, but with Web's viability dropping I propose they go to B- Rank, or even drop to C+.

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
One thing I think people need to realize when it comes to Kricketune vs Leavanny is that this isn't RU. Kricketune has a much better matchup in RU vs more of the meta which is why it is ranked higher than Leavanny there. However this is not RU and Leavanny gets a much better matchup in NU than it does in RU. Like Punchshroom said it can KO spinners which are much better in NU, while defog is more viable in RU (which Leavanny doesn't matchup well against). While Kricketune gets a much better matchup vs stall, but it's speed tier sets it back when facing an offensive team.

I agree webs have seemed to fall off because now spin blockers like missy and rotom are used to block spin, and they are much easier to beat then Spiritomb was. So I am not opposed to moving them down.

538.png D Rank ----> B Rank

With Tomb gone a feel Throh has a clutch niche in the current meta, and is arguably one of the best tanks in the tier. In my humble opinion it's even better than some tanks with higher ranks than B. It has soild bulk on both sides and gets good coverage. Throh has an array of viable sets including Assault Vest, Choice Band, "Croh", and Bulk Up 3 attacks. With it's versatility, natural bulk, and only 3 weaknesses I think we all should realize Throh has a important spot currently in our NU meta

View attachment 26265 D Rank ----> B Rank

With Tomb gone a feel Throh has a clutch niche in the current meta, and is arguably one of the best tanks in the tier. In my humble opinion it's even better than some tanks with higher ranks than B. It has soild bulk on both sides and gets good coverage. Throh has an array of viable sets including Assault Vest, Choice Band, "Croh", and Bulk Up 3 attacks. With it's versatility, natural bulk, and only 3 weaknesses I think we all should realize Throh has a important spot currently in our NU meta
No. Throh's severe 4MSS and being outclassed as a bulky fighting type by the likes of Gurdurr and Hariyama while having its RestTalk sets completely walled by ghosts severely limits its viability. I refuse to support any bump higher than C.

Ares

I could see Throh moving up to C- rank, but probably not any higher than that because it is outclassed by literally every other fighting type in the tier. Still is halfway decent though which is why I think it could make the jump from D to C.

OK I know a lot of you don't agree with my opinions about this game but I have a few things I would like to bring up.

A+ ---> A

This may be a huge threat against some teams but in all honesty it is quite easy to stop. Once you get up rocks it loses access to it's greatest weapon eruption. On top of that it's coverage moves don't hurt too much if u force it to not use a fire type move by having something that resists it or going further something that has FLASH FIRE. It really isn't up to par with the other things surrounding it in A+

A ---> A+

This is easily one of the biggest problems in the tier. It can come in against so many things and just wish pass without having to worry about taking any damage itself because of regenerator. If you have a team of bulky mons than it can brainlessly bring everything that is hurt back to life. It wouldn't be so bad if it racked up damage itself but it simply doesn't because of regen.

B ---> B-

Like other sticky web setters it is extremely simple to deal with. It either sets up web or uses endeavor. After that it is basically dead and is a wasted slot on the team if the web is taken care of. I realize how useful web makes other things on your team become that may not normally be useful but web is pretty simple to deal with.

C- ---> C+

This thing is an amazing wall with great typing and access to recovery. It can come in and provide a stop most fire and grass types used in thew tier. If surrounded by mons that take care of it's weaknesses it destroys lives. However at the same time it needs a great deal of support and is mostly useful for toxic stalling which I guess is why it won't go higher.

C- ---> B-

Seriously though... It is difficult to wear down and has great coverage against many common threats in the tier. Although things like steel and fighting types can scare it off it stop so many things and prevents them from becoming anything worth of a problem. I will leave a pastebin with my last post on the usefulness of cradily. Please don't overlook this giant problem. It is much more useful then say Articuno and Zebstrika who are currently in C+... http://pastebin.com/mYjwZh1S

C- ---> B

Access to defog and haze with it's incredible bulk makes mantine worth everybody's time. It is a great special wall and stops Things from setting up cold. (Gorebyss Smash-pass for instance) It has similar characteristics to cryogonal only it lacks solid recovery but is way more reliable at getting rid of hazards because it can't be spin blocked. If your opponent brings in something with defiant then mantine can literally just use haze :/

D ---> C+

Oh my lord it's a sliggoo. It has special defense out of this world and not to bad of an offense. Plus dragon typing is not to be messed around with.

D ---> C

This dang turtle has access to rapid spin, amazing bulk, not complete shit typing, Solid special attack, and stealth rocks. When u see it on a team it is not a joke a horrible idea to have on your team. It provides a purpose... seriously....

D- ---> C+

I know that with the addition of kabutops armaldo is more outclassed then it was before but it is never useless and is also a good alternative. It's bug typing allows it to have the upper hand at killing many psychics and grass types which kabutops less capable of doing. I do recognize that the difference in typing makes kabutops far more of a threat with stab priority and resistance to rocks. But kabutops hogs up your water typing and it is very hard not to use a water type in this tier where a lot of the best sweepers and walls are water type. (Seismatoad, Kabutops, Feraligatr, mantine, quilfish, any water type shell smasher)

Ares

OK I know a lot of you don't agree with my opinions about this game but I have a few things I would like to bring up.

A+ ---> A

This may be a huge threat against some teams but in all honesty it is quite easy to stop. Once you get up rocks it loses access to it's greatest weapon eruption. On top of that it's coverage moves don't hurt too much if u force it to not use a fire type move by having something that resists it or going further something that has FLASH FIRE. It really isn't up to par with the other things surrounding it in A+
So Eruption isnt its only weapon, it also gets Blaze Fire Blast which hits harder than Eruption. If you do not have a good fire spam counter on your team it will punch holes in it. The only reason this thing isnt an S rank threat is because it doesnt have the greatest coverage. But honestly its coverage is enough for it to get by.

Punchshroom

A+ ---> A

Inclined to agree. Typhlosion just does not seem like too huge a threat when it is forced to not use its Fire STAB, especially when Eruption's power can easilt plummet due to its SR weakness. I feel like most teams that can deal with Pyroar shouldn't struggle any more with Typhlosion. A from me as well.

A ---> A+

This is easily one of the biggest problems in the tier. It can come in against so many things and just wish pass without having to worry about taking any damage itself because of regenerator. If you have a team of bulky mons than it can brainlessly bring everything that is hurt back to life. It wouldn't be so bad if it racked up damage itself but it simply doesn't because of regen.
What holds Audino back is its relative lack of offensive presence and susceptibility to Taunt, and the fact that it can be taken advantage of by numerous mons in the tier, such as Gurdurr, Hariyama, and Ferroseed. It's still a noteworthy candidate for A+ though, since it is one of the greatest tools for bulkier teams to have. Torn on this.

B ---> B-

Like other sticky web setters it is extremely simple to deal with. It either sets up web or uses endeavor. After that it is basically dead and is a wasted slot on the team if the web is taken care of. I realize how useful web makes other things on your team become that may not normally be useful but web is pretty simple to deal with.
I actually made a case for C+ for this thing, and I'd likely maintain that stand.

C- ---> C+

This thing is an amazing wall with great typing and access to recovery. It can come in and provide a stop most fire and grass types used in thew tier. If surrounded by mons that take care of it's weaknesses it destroys lives. However at the same time it needs a great deal of support and is mostly useful for toxic stalling which I guess is why it won't go higher.
The Stealth Rock weakness, coupled with its inability to even Defog them away, is a very large reason why Altaria isn't particularly favored right now. It also has rather poor offensive presence and a 4x Ice weakness (unlike Dragalge), as well as being offensively outclassed at nearly everything it tries. That said, Altaria boasts some interesting support options such as Perish Song and Heal Bell, so it does warrant enough merit to rise above C-. C at best from me though.

C- ---> B-

Seriously though... It is difficult to wear down and has great coverage against many common threats in the tier. Although things like steel and fighting types can scare it off it stop so many things and prevents them from becoming anything worth of a problem. I will leave a pastebin with my last post on the usefulness of cradily. Please don't overlook this giant problem. It is much more useful then say Articuno and Zebstrika who are currently in C+... http://pastebin.com/mYjwZh1S
That Weakness Policy set you posted might be something only Cradily can perform...yet that niche isn't in great demand, since it wants to keep its health high and cannot risk switching into the threats it wants to KO, since it either takes too much damage or or be outmaneuvered by pivot switches due to its low speed. You say it 'stops many things' when realistically it only stops one thing at a time, meaning it is shaky to be relied upon to check those problem attackers. Its resistances and weaknesses means that it offers very little defensive benefit that other Grass-types do not, and its support movepool is very shallow for a Grass-type. Still very mediocre even with its new option(s), still C-.

C- ---> B

Access to defog and haze with it's incredible bulk makes mantine worth everybody's time. It is a great special wall and stops Things from setting up cold. (Gorebyss Smash-pass for instance) It has similar characteristics to cryogonal only it lacks solid recovery but is way more reliable at getting rid of hazards because it can't be spin blocked. If your opponent brings in something with defiant then mantine can literally just use haze :/
A Stealth Rock weakness as a Defogger, as well as no reliable recovery, leaving it with severe 4MSS, is not worth everybody's time. Mantine wants several moveslots at once to even perform most of its support roles properly: it wants RestTalk or Wish support to effectively Defog, it wants Scald for general utility, it wants Haze to stop setup sweepers such as Mismagius, Lilligant, and Gorebyss from steamrolling it, and it wants Air Slash to be able to actually hit some of the Pokes it counters, like Lilligant and Gorebyss. Mantine's typing is useful, but it needs far too much to be able to work. C- does seems harsh but I'll roll with it.

D ---> C+

Oh my lord it's a sliggoo. It has special defense out of this world and not to bad of an offense. Plus dragon typing is not to be messed around with.
This is even more outclassed by Dragalge, which has far more benefits than Sliggoo which practically needs Eviolite and RestTalk.

D ---> C

This dang turtle has access to rapid spin, amazing bulk, not complete shit typing, Solid special attack, and stealth rocks. When u see it on a team it is not a joke a horrible idea to have on your team. It provides a purpose... seriously....
The typing is pretty bad when you consider its role as a Rapid Spinner...that is weak to all of the (damaging) entry hazards. When combined with its terrible speed, this makes spinning an even harder task since it must remain healthy enough to spin before almost anything finishes it off, especially after damage from hazards. The bulk is also somewhat undermined when you take into account that most of its resistances lie on the special side, and most physical attackers in NU commonly carry Ground-type moves, quite unlike the situation with Sandslash which has much less to fear from most physical attackers and resists Stealth Rock.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You guys are really underestimating Typhlosion, especially when you say that it is bad that it has to lock itself into HP Grass and Extrasensory.. first it will rarely use HP Grass as it is only really if you NEED to remove Rhydon or Seismitoad ASAP. Extrasensory isn't that bad to lock itself into, especially with Choice Specs. Choice Specs Extrasensory also allows Typhlosion to easily 2HKO Dragalge and AV Hariyama that doesn't carry Max SpDef investments (it needs like 240 SpDef to avoid the 2HKO after Stealth Rock). Typhlosion will also always spam Fire-type moves, even against resists.. It can easily 3HKO some of the bulkier resists and then there's a predict war.. will Typhlosion stay in to fish for the 3HKO or will it switch out? etc.

IDK how 'any team that doesn't struggle with Pyroar doesn't struggle with Typhlosion either' means that Typhlosion is worst than Pyroar? All Pyroar has going for it is a dual STAB that is still walled by Rock-types, being able to use Life Orb because it doesnt have the ability Blaze or the powerful STAB in Eruption to abuse, and being able to run Will-O-Wisp because of the free moveslot.. which honestly is not as good as you guys been hyping it lol. 'I can spread burns xD' can be hard when you arent that bulky, especially when the targets that you want to burn can still OHKO you if you cripple them as they attack you.. 'Will-O-Wisp them as they switch on you, predictions xD' then why not switch into a real counter instead of trying to cripple them with a burn?

What I am trying to say is that Pyroar isnt superior to Typhlosion, and if Typhlosion is dropping Pyroar should too. They should stay in A+ or drop to A together.

Last edited:
Gonna add some of my onions here

Altaria to C+
I support this, as Altaria is basically the best Fire spam check on stall. Not even Magmortar can break it unless running the real af HP Ice and it has reliable recovery over Dragalge. It also has a fuckton of cool support moves such as Heal Bell, Roar, Perish Song, the ever important Haze and also 2 cool abilites in Natural Cure to absorb status and potentially abuse Rest and Cloud Nine to check Sun teams. So basically Altaria has superb typing, great support movepool, solid bulk and it is fabulous af. Hazard control is necessary but hey, you're using stall so you probably have some already (or you're bad) and therefore have little trouble fitting Altaria on a team. There are also niche offensive sets, but neither Specs nor DD come close to the utility of spdef Altaria which is useful enough in this meta to warrant C+ imo (mostly because of being a reliable Magmortar switchin, a basically uncontested niche).

Cradily stays C-
Can't even beat Gatr when switching in lol.

Golem to C

What is this even good for this gen and why is it above all of Steelix, Torterra, Sandslash, Piloswine and Camerupt, all of which are more useful as SR setters. (srsly I never see this thing)

Leafeon to B
This thing is seriously great in this meta. It sports great natural bulk on the physical side, sits in a good speed tier and is pretty strong to boot. It's one of the best offensive checks to Feraligatr (ohkos if using LO), can passs boosts to other sweepers, has a recovery move, Knock Off for good neutral coverage with its stab and even a recovery move in Synthesis or priority in Quick Attack. Not to mention it being a god both in and against Sun teams and just overall being a boss. How is it 2 ranks below Cacturne I just don't get.

might post about more things later (Sandslash, Torterra, Scyther, etc) but computer is killin me now

Gonna add some of my onions here

Altaria to C+
I support this, as Altaria is basically the best Fire spam check on stall. Not even Magmortar can break it unless running the real af HP Ice and it has reliable recovery over Dragalge. It also has a fuckton of cool support moves such as Heal Bell, Roar, Perish Song, the ever important Haze and also 2 cool abilites in Natural Cure to absorb status and potentially abuse Rest and Cloud Nine to check Sun teams. So basically Altaria has superb typing, great support movepool, solid bulk and it is fabulous af. Hazard control is necessary but hey, you're using stall so you probably have some already (or you're bad) and therefore have little trouble fitting Altaria on a team. There are also niche offensive sets, but neither Specs nor DD come close to the utility of spdef Altaria which is useful enough in this meta to warrant C+ imo (mostly because of being a reliable Magmortar switchin, a basically uncontested niche).

Cradily stays C-
Can't even beat Gatr when switching in lol.
Golem to C
What is this even good for this gen and why is it above all of Steelix, Torterra, Sandslash, Piloswine and Camerupt, all of which are more useful as SR setters. (srsly I never see this thing)

Leafeon to B
This thing is seriously great in this meta. It sports great natural bulk on the physical side, sits in a good speed tier and is pretty strong to boot. It's one of the best offensive checks to Feraligatr (ohkos if using LO), can passs boosts to other sweepers, has a recovery move, Knock Off for good neutral coverage with its stab and even a recovery move in Synthesis or priority in Quick Attack. Not to mention it being a god both in and against Sun teams and just overall being a boss. How is it 2 ranks below Cacturne I just don't get.

might post about more things later (Sandslash, Torterra, Scyther, etc) but computer is killin me now
Golem? for c? Naw, it is weak to the water spam known as feraligatr. And has nothing over on steelix/sandslash/torterra/pilo but a better suicide custap lead who has guaranteed rocks (although, steelix has guaranteed rocks so)
edit: i forgot kabutops. thats important too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)