• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just sharing my opinion, dont mind me

I think its better if you host this in the NU room. It might provide more discussion as they are more familiar with the tier.
Also, how are you planning to do this? Are there any plans on what will be discussed on the workshop?

Just sharing my opinion, dont mind me

I think its better if you host this in the NU room. It might provide more discussion as they are more familiar with the tier.
Also, how are you planning to do this? Are there any plans on what will be discussed on the workshop?
The reason I have decided to host this tournament in the Community Mentoring room is so that we could get a huge audience. A bi-product of this will be increased feedback which will be critical as this is our first workshop. I also believe that we have timed the the start of the event so that everyone in the NU room can come if they want leaving the regular NU room for other discussion topics as well. Hope I answered your questions <3

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The reason I have decided to host this tournament in the Community Mentoring room is so that we could get a huge audience. A bi-product of this will be increased feedback which will be critical as this is our first workshop. I also believe that we have timed the the start of the event so that everyone in the NU room can come if they want leaving the regular NU room for other discussion topics as well. Hope I answered your questions <3
Maybe quality over quantity though. Sure we would get more people in the room, but also the discussion may not be up par compared to the people that are already consistently playing the tier. Plus, you could just say to people in the community mentoring room to come to the nu page if you want to learn more about nu stall. That way, you will get people that are not in the tier to be introduced to how great the nu page is and want to learn about a great tier and a great community! Once we get a sense of how the discussions will be handled, than it may be easier to cater towards a larger crowd. This is coming from life in general running events but I am not in charge. Also,

Last edited by a moderator:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Maybe quality over quantity though. Sure we would get more people in the room, but also the discussion may not be up par compared to the people that are already consistently playing the tier. Plus, you could just say to people in the community mentoring room to come to the nu page if you want to learn more about nu stall. That way, you will get people that are not in the tier to be introduced to how great the nu page is and want to learn about a great tier and a great community! Once we get a sense of how the discussions will be handled, than it may be easier to cater towards a larger crowd. This is coming from life in general running events but I am not in charge.
Well pretty much it is going to be on modchat + while they talk about stall and the like, and discussion will be held after, or at certain points in the session. So while discussion can be important I do not believe it is the primary focus of this workshop.

Well pretty much it is going to be on modchat + while they talk about stall and the like, and discussion will be held after, or at certain points in the session. So while discussion can be important I do not believe it is the primary focus of this workshop.
Plus, there's no reason why someone can't just room driver the hosts and put on Modchat % if it really comes down to it, but it shouldn't. Global voices are voices for a reason. They know better, lol.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
Plus, there's no reason why someone can't just room driver the hosts and put on Modchat % if it really comes down to it, but it shouldn't. Global voices are voices for a reason. They know better, lol.
That is why its better to host on the NU room, you'll have much more control.
If you're hosting in the CM room, you'd need ROs of that room to driver the host. Just a suggestion, you can work together with NU mentors to see how you can host in the room and be more familiar too.

If you're hosting in the CM room, you'd need ROs of that room to driver the host. Just a suggestion, you can work together with NU mentors to see how you can host in the room and be more familiar too.
I've had a discussion with Redew, ive asked him about this and he says its fine and he will be there to do it

Maybe quality over quantity though. Sure we would get more people in the room, but also the discussion may not be up par compared to the people that are already consistently playing the tier. Plus, you could just say to people in the community mentoring room to come to the nu page if you want to learn more about nu stall. That way, you will get people that are not in the tier to be introduced to how great the nu page is and want to learn about a great tier and a great community! Once we get a sense of how the discussions will be handled, than it may be easier to cater towards a larger crowd. This is coming from life in general running events but I am not in charge. Also,
that cliffhanger though

Yea, we've already discussed it with Redew. We have just fine control.

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
I'll try and get a pastebin log of the entire event, should that be something popular
Yeah was just about to say this, if you could provide logs and post them in this thread so I and many others users can view them (As I cant make it :() Many of us would highly appreciate it! n_n

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
Here are the logs if anyone wasnt able to make it but wants to read up what they share in the workshop!
The battle to demonstrate stall can also be found here.
Generally, i want to see i've learnt more about stall. It was fun!

Thanks to everyone that came and took part. I love y'all very much and I hope you learnt something useful out of it. This thread will turn into a constructive critisicism thread about the aforementioned workshop. Please comment down below if you want more of these in the future based around different play styles or pokemon on general. Sorry it took longer than expected and later than expected that was totally my bad for not managing my weekend better, but otherwise I hope you all have learnt something to take into future battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)