:O doubles~

Please Rate my double battle team.Emphasis on Perish Song. I think that its not too dependant, if it is, well, rate it!Suggest~!

Ambipom @ Life Orb//Adamant
Technician
4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Fake Out
Protect
U-Turn
Taunt

Ambipomb Fake Out is used to get the better of Explosion/Raindance/Sunnyday/EQ leads, allowing my other poke to take advantage of a wasted protect. Another option to combat Explosion is switching to Politoed. Generally, Id use Ambipom as one of the leads and scout out. Uturn is used to get away from other Perishsong-ers (and the likes). Taunt, also, to aid in preventing Trickroom/weather/status. Protect, to help guard against perish song and to scout. Ive used Ambipomb in single battles and its saved me quite some trouble. Hopefully it will do just as well in doubles.

Slowbro @ Leftovers//Relaxed
Own Tempo
IV 3 spe
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Trick Room
Slack Off
Yawn
Psychic/Grass Knot/Flamethrower/Zenheadbut/WaterPulse

Trick Room is used to un-TrickRoom my opponent else, Id have Politoed/Slowbro benefit also, in case a RainDance does fit in and the opponents have swift swim, yay! Yawn and Slack Off, is used to force some switches, hopefully, whilst restoring some HP. Ive come to realize that switching in Dugtrio in conjuction would aid in this. The last move set is generally pretty random, with Flamethrower punching through Grass types and Steels whilst GK would be used against some heavier poops and help kill other Waters taking advantage of Rain. Psychic for STAB. The other two attacks are for stab also, but Zenheadbut would (I hope) provide for unexpected physical attacks and waterpulse for the chance of confusion.

P

Politoed @ Leftovers//Sassy
Damp
240 HP / 122 Def / 140 SpD

Perish Song
Icy Wind
Dive
Undecided move- MAYBE MIST or HAZE or Hidden Power Electric

Politoed is my Explosion counter midgame or incase Ambipom fails. Perish Song(Great for predicting switches!), stall, switch him out as well as being, probably, a trump card. Icy Wind is used to lower both enemies' speed providing that my party is pretty slow (minus dugtrio/ambipom). Dive STAB is used to waste a turn on Perish song before I switch him out plus, if the opponent thinks that Politoed has Water Absorb, they'll hesitate to launch surf. Considering how most opponents will either setup on the charge or switch gives me some pretty decent prediction in which to counter. I had thought about Mist, but I'm actually unsure of how it will work. IF I use mist AND Curse, will my speed lower? Some one plz tell me? If not, I would use Haze but that means Icy Wind is pointless so I may use HP Elec for Gyarados/Watertypes.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash//Jolly
Arena Trap
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

Earthquake
Rock Slide
NightSlash
Protect

Used as an aide to Perish Song. Sending him out means that I potentially get the same effect as explosion. I use focus sash instead of Choice/lifeorb simply because IF i do need to switch in, he'll need the extra turn to stall. Other than that, Dug would be a revenge killer...or something.

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers//Calm
Soundproof
252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe

Shadow Ball/Helping Hand/Fake Out
Substitute
Thunder Wave
Teeter Dance

I would love to keep Mr. Mime in, although, not in the lead just because it has soundproof and will thus allow me to keep him in and teeterdance/wave the potential switchins. TeeterDance is there to confuse both opponents at the same time, whilst i detect/protect/dive with my other poke (which at least half of my team has). Substitute is used to stall while paralysis and confusion assists. Im a bit iffy on shadowball and may replace with helping hand to add into extra power to my teamates as support. Overall, Mr. Mime wouldnt be a standalone. its special Defence is already pretty ok, with its speed EV's built for quick status' and hopeful stalls.

Shuckle @ Grip Claw/Leftovers // Careful
Gluttany
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD

Wrap
Encore
Power Trick
RockSlide/EQ

Why Power Trick?! Well, to start off, if I can predict a Trick Room, then Power Trick would allow me set off RockSlide or EQ on the next turn. The only thing I'd have to watch out for is a priority move like Quick Attack... Anyway, that is pretty risky but I do have Slowbro so that I dont have to predict. Wrap is used to prevent switches as well as support Perish Song. Encore in conjuction leaves the foe annoyed for my partner to their thang.

I realize that my team is Grass-weak leaving me open to grassknot and the shiz.

Some combos id hope to pull off, as Synergy(?!)
Politoed(PerishSong) and Mr Mime(soundproof), Dugtrio(ArenaTrap), Shuckle(Wrap), Ambipomb(FakeOut)...and other's protect.
Slowbro(TrickRoom) and Shuckle(Powerswap+rockslide/EQ) and RainDance?

Get rid of the font tags?
I've never played 2v2 before, so...yeah...
But I can advise you make the thread easier to read.

And as a side note, why does 2v2 use 4 Pokemon and not 6?

Not every 2v2 battle uses only 4 pokemon, it's just exceedingly popular, what with VGC and all.

Anyway, before I begin, I will say that, first, your descriptions are a bit sparse and could be elaborated upon a bit and, second, I haven't played doubles in upwards a month or so so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Right, so, I understand it's a Perish Trap team and to be quite honest I'm not all familiar with them but I'll try my best. I don't quite get why you're leading with a Mr. Mime; it can't stop Trick Room and it kinda gets stomped by a strong lead and is also relatively slow. I personally think that either a Mismagius or a Gengar would work better here. For example, a Mismagius is faster and gives you a nice Fake Out, Explosion, and EQ immunity, none of which you have now. It can still T-Wave but can also Taunt the opponent--a Dusknoir perhaps--to prevent their setting up Trick Room/Gravity/Skill Swap/Sunny Day/Whatever, which is more reliable than confusing them with Teeter Dance (which, by the way, is kind of dangerous since it affects Hitmontop as well and Mismagius gets the more reliable and partner-friendly Confuse Ray if you wanted to go that route anyway). Gengar can do the same except with more speed and offense yet worse defenses. They also both get Perish Song. I would definitely replaced Mr. Mime with one of them.

Hitmontop is fine, can't think of much to say about it. You may want to consider something like an Infernape or Ambipom or Weavile or something if you want a Fake Out user with more speed, especially so you can get the jump on enemy Smeargles with Fake Out, or perhaps switching the ability to Intimidate to improve your offense.

Politoed seems fine, although I don't think you're gonna need Toxic as the only thing I can see it being useful for is takeing out Shedinja, and you've already got him covered, so what I would suggest is replacing Toxic with Protect so you can stall out your opponents easier while you wait for the Perish Song meter to count down. Also, use Bounce over Dive, Surf is far too common. I'd also say go Icy Wind since your team is relatively slow.

Dugtrio is fine. I'd suggest Rock Slide over Stone Edge for the flinch chance to help you stall out opponents although you may find the damage it does too low for your tastes. Also, consider replacing Sucker Punch with Night Slash as Dugtrio will be faster than most everything anyway so you usually won't need the priority and it will make prediction easier.

I can see you having problems against a dedicated Rain Dance team as they could overpower you with Surfs and whatnot but I don't know exactly how to fix that at the moment. I'm assuming you're not playing VGC rules since you're not using item clause so I don't think you have to worry about Sleep-happy Smeargles too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)