ORAS LC Occhi di Ligeia - ORAS LC Bulky Offense

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
INTRODUCTION

Hello, I'm Tricking and this is my first ORAS LC RMT. I've been playing LC for exactly one year, when some of Italian friends introduced me to this tier. This team was built after the introduction of the new ORAS Meta and I liked the concept of a Bulky Offense especially after the release of Synthesis Pumpkaboo and Gunk Shot Croagunk. I peaked #1 several times on the ladder (but I can't find a proof), but this team has been known for its great results in the Tour. It has been undefeated for several months and, since I lost yesterday by using it in a tournament, I decided to bring you the best team Fran17 and I have ever built. Probably everyone involved in the LC scene already knows it and almost every Italian has used it, but w/e, let's start with the the team.

I called the team like this Italian Rap song because Fran17 had linked this video about 35 times before I listened to it and in the meanwhile we were trying to build this team...

THE TEAM

OCCHI GIRATI (Pumpkaboo-Super) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
Level: 5
EVs: 204 HP / / 196 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Synthesis
- Bullet Seed
I've been starting building the team with this Pokemon. Pumpkaboo-S with the access to Synthesis became one of the best Defensive Pokemon in the tier and a great Ghost-Type that can easily stop Rapid Spin. Frisk is a nice ability which can help you scout the opposing's Pokemon held item which can be very useful when you aren't sure about its item. Eviolite gives Pumpkaboo a great bulk. Shadow Sneak and Bullet Seed are quite powerful STAB Moves. Pumpkaboo can check every Physical Sweeper and act as a revenge-killer for Abra, Gastly and so on. As I said, the recovery is necessary and I think it is a better option than Foul Play or whatsoever.

OCCHI DELLA TIGRE (Chinchou) (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 212 Def / 72 SpA / 152 SpD / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam

Chinchou is the best check for Birdspam (in particular Fletchling). Berry Juice is an useful recovery which helps against bulkier teams and in long battles. Volt Absorb stops other Chinchou and in general Volt-Turn. Volt-Switch creates a good synergy with the rest of the team especially Larvesta. Scald is the STAB with its lovely 30% burn lol and Ice Beam is very useful against Bulky Grass-Types such as Foongus and Pumpkaboo. The last slot can be for Thunder Wave if you need a Status Move that helps you in the most of the Speed ties which LC is full of. The alternative is HP Ground: basically it can be a good option if you need to hit the opposing Chinchou. I have always used it with HP Ground because I think that's the best option.

OCCHIO DI HORUS (Larvesta) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
Larvesta acts very well with Chinchou and Pumpkaboo-S creating one of the most powerful FWG core in the tier. Max-Speed Larvesta without Choice Scarf isn't the best set, but I really need that 16 Speed in a slow team like this. The moveset is pretty standard: Flare Blitz is the powerful STAB, U-Turn provides to a good synergy with Chinchou and Morning Sun is an helpful recovery. Will-O-Wisp and Flame Body are used for burning the opposing Physical Sweepers.

OCCHIO DI LONDRA (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
Having Larvesta in a team means having hazards control. I can't really do that much because Defog Archen would be detrimental because of its weakness to Stealth Rock. Therefore, I decided to put Drilbur as a Spinner and a setter at the same time. trev has been using a different set with Rock Tomb Swords Dance that isn't that bad, but it doesn't remove hazards and SR becomes a problem for the team (in particular for the Volt-Turn Core). Earthquake is the STAB self-explanatory while Rock Slide helps against Flying-Types. Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin are standard and self-explanatory as well.

OCCHI DI MEDUSA (Croagunk) @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
With this set I have been the first user of full Physical Croagunk among all the LC players. I introduced it when I played vs fizz in the LC Swiss Tour. Gunk Shot is a powerful 120 BP STAB that outclasses Sludge Bomb except for its accuracy. Then Knock Off is useful because it provides to remove items and Drain Punch is the other STAB. Sucker Punch is a good priority move that I prefer to Vacuum Wave because it can deal a lot of damage against Abra and Gastly.

OCCHI DI DANDI (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
People asked me: "Which is the most powerful Pokemon in the LC Tier?". I've always answered it was Porygon. This thing is amazing. Its ability Trace can help it check Carvanha and other broken things by copying their ability and paralyzing them. Its a great Skrelp counter, it can also check Foongus and hit Fighting-Types properly thanks to Psychic. Tri Attack is the STAB, Recover is a must-have because Porygon can wall the opposing team for a whole match. Porygon saved the match a lot of times and I feel it deserves an higher usage than it has because it's very versatile and good in every type of team. By the way I chose a Special Defensive set because I needed a solid check for Abra and Gastly which can cripple my whole team except for Porygon. It can be also a Fletchling check if Chinchou is KOed.

CONCLUSION

I hope that you'll like this team as I have done for several months. I'll leave you some replays which can help you understand how to use this team if you are new to the tier. Feel free to use as much as you want. If you decide to use it, please keep the nicknames and just have fun :]
REPLAYS

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-206970180 vs Heysup - LC Swiss Finals - Game 2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-206119150 vs ZoroarkForever - LC Swiss Semifinals - Game 2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-218914570 Silver97 using this team vs apt-get

I've lost lots of replays because they were very old <.<

SHOUTOUTS

Shoutouts to the two people that have helped me so far to get into the LC Tier.

Fran17 for being always available to help me and being a funny person to talk to.
trev for being a n00b, nah jk.

Then, shoutout to all the Italian people that I've known in this year of Pokemon...
galbia, silver97, useless trainer, Parnassius, The Quasar, Test2017, Haunter (thanks for the amazing ct lool), smilzo, consecutio, Inflikted (don't quit pls), Homungous, Alexander., Prague Kick, -Lone, Puralux, Renny_, Raiza., SnowCristal!, cirlo, Asuya, FURORE DEI MICETTI, QuelDandi, spec m, Deidara95, darkdevil, Cronenberg, Decision Makers, During Summer, marcoasd, amber lamps, Lange. I know I forgot some of you, but I'm not sure of your smogon name.

Shoutout to all the other friends from the other rooms or Smogon...
QuoteCS, Rowan, Mambo, Lucina09, Goddess Briyella, OP, Heysup, Yagura, Sken (yeah, fran17 is a (BAN ME PLEASE)), queenlucy, Aerow, Corporal Levi, Melonz, Fiend Hound, Asterya, Omastar42, Haruno, qsns, qwerts, AM, innovamania, Bean, kingmidas, Pinoy Pwnage, Prankster., Real, Finchinator, GlassGlaceon, Vileman, McMeghan, ggggd, Brazilian Army.

...and special shoutout to ium for being a fren even if I don't use irccloud :O

IMPORTABLE
OCCHI GIRATI (Pumpkaboo-Super) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 32 Atk / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Synthesis
- Bullet Seed

OCCHI DELLA TIGRE (Chinchou) (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 212 Def / 72 SpA / 152 SpD / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]

OCCHIO DI HORUS (Larvesta) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

OCCHIO DI LONDRA (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

OCCHI DI MEDUSA (Croagunk) @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 188 Atk / 112 Def / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

OCCHI DI DANDI (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack
- Psychic

Last edited:
So.... first of all, the team is fantastic, but letting Fran17 choose the music for the intruduction was definitely an awful idea. As every italian knows, fran17's music tastes suck so much that he risked to be banned several times for real SHITposting. Oh and he has "risvoltini". ♥

Talking about the team, I'll do some ev fixes and add some possible different sets for this fantastic team that i tried a lot in a lot of different ways.

-Pumpkaboo: the 32evs in atk are useless since they don't increase the atk stat. Those could be useful only to rise the speed from 10 to 11.
-Chinchou: it's true that set counters fletch (and physical ponyta too) very well, the second one perfectly if chou has twave, but it's condemned to win the 50/50 between acro and uturn if the opposing has the core fletch+diglett. That's why i've tried to use also a choice scarf chinchou set, that stop some threats like diglett and slow shell smashers too. Obviously this set is more difficult to use, because it needs many predicts and 50/50 throughout the game, and also it can't switch a lot on fletch and ponyta (only two times if some def evs are conserved).
-Larvesta: very good mon and set, the slower and bulkier set is ok too, i'll recommend you to do some calcs with the mons larvesta usually switches in to decide.
-Drillbur: tbh i've not tried the sd set on this team, cause rocks and spin are necessary, but instead i really appreciated the rock tomb set, allowing to win some awful speed ties with other drillbur or archen.
-Croagunk: Tricking pls I started using full physical croag from the first oras lc match i've ever done cause of that fucking shit called gotitha, sucker punch lot of times was unexpected, and i bluffed many many times to have vacuum wave in front of other pawns lol.
Btw you committed an error on the evs spread: that's 116 def (and not 112, very important), and 36 speed.
-Porygon: after a huge quantity of calcs i've done with porygon, i found out that reaching 18 in spdef is useless. 17 is enough, so 236 evs in spdef is ok but the bold nature is preferred, it allows to take less damage from other mons (like fletching if I remember correctly, very important if you try the scarf chou set).

that's all, thank you tricking for posting this fantastic rmt n_n
I just end this comment insulting fran17 that is always funny, and posting some highquality italian stuff:

Last edited:

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
So.... first of all, the team is fantastic, but letting Fran17 choosing the music for the intruduction was definitely an awful idea. As every italian knows, fran17's music tastes suck so much that he risked to be banned several times for real SHITposting. Oh and he has "risvoltini". ♥

Talking about the team, I'll do some ev fixes and add some possible different sets for this fantastic team that i tried a lot in a lot of different ways.

-Pumpkaboo: the 32evs in atk are useless since they don't increase the atk stat. Those could be useful only to rise the speed from 10 to 11.
-Chinchou: it's true that set counters fletch (and physical ponyta too) very well, the second one perfectly if chou has twave, but it's condemned to win the 50/50 between acro and uturn if the opposing has the core fletch+diglett. That's why i've tried to use also a choice scarf chinchou set, that stop some threats like diglett and slow shell smashers too. Obviously this set is more difficult to use, because it needs many predicts and 50/50 through the game, and also it can't switch a lot on fletch and ponyta (only two times if some def evs are conserved).
-Larvesta: very good mon and set, the slower and bulkier set is ok too, i'll recommend you to do some calcs with the mons larvesta usually switches in to decide.
-Drillbur: tbh i've not tried the sd set on this team, cause rocks and spin are necessary, but instead i really appreciated the rock tomb set, allowing to win some awful speed ties with other drillbur or archen.
-Croagunk: Tricking pls I started using full physical croag from the first oras lc match i've ever done cause of that fucking shit called gotitha, sucker punch lot of times was unexpected, and i bluffed many many times to have vacuum wave in front of other pawns lol.
Btw you committed an error on the evs spread: that's 116 def (and not 112, very important), and 36 speed.
-Porygon: after a huge quantity of calcs i've don with porygon, i found out that reaching 18 in spdef is useless. 17 is enough, so 236 evs in spdef is ok but the bold nature is preferred, it allows to take less damage from other mons (like fletching if I remember correctly, very important if you try the scarf chou set).

that's all, thank you tricking for posting this fantastic rmt n_n
I just end this comment insulting fran17 that is always funny, and posting some highquality italian stuff:
Fixed all the EVs Spread, thanks for the rate :]

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey Tricking that's actually a rather solid team you have. I'm just unsure how you deal with Bulk Up Timburr and Porygon, especially in conjunction with one another, and you mentioned Regen being a pain in your side too. I see you have means to beat them, but they appear to typically take out at least 1 mon and greatly injure the next. Because of this, I'm suggesting the combo of Snubbull and Vullaby over Porygon and Larvesta. This is due to how little Larvesta actually does for your team. The most common Physical Sweepers usually can get around it fairly easily or outspeed it. Porygon checks a large number of pokemon, but at least 90% of these that it reliably checks and/or counters are also easily handled by your team even without it.

Shrug brought up using Snubbull over Larvesta, and this is a great idea. Snubbull still pressures and beats most of what Larvesta does, while not losing to the more common Stone Edge or Acrobatics Mienfoo or Timburr. Snubbull also has more utility as a blanket check due to intimidate, just missing out on Pawniard. Pawniard is only soft checked by Larvesta however, so it's not really a loss. Berry Juice or Eviolite do wonders on Snubbs, so I'll let you look over which one you feel is better. Additionally Thunder Wave support makes up for the drop of Porygon. These EV's let it check LO Abra if Pumpkaboo can't rk it for any reason.
Snubbull @ Eviolite / Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief
- Thunder Wave

Vullaby checks the hell out of Regen Core, while also checking Fighting types too. Porygon doesn't enjoy taking a Knock Off and is forced out plus Vullaby has great synergy with Croagunk. Abra fails to beat Vullaby unless it has Dazzling Gleam while it beats Porygon after Rocks anyway. Vullaby still nabs momentum for your team too, somewhat making up for Larvesta's dropping. Sun is also much less problematic to your team now too.
Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 236 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Rock Tomb on Drilbur is a good suggestion from trev, but I wouldn't use Scarf Chinchou do to how needed BJ's longevity is. Snubbull and Vullaby can also switch into Fletch at least once, making FletchDig less useful anyway.

Anyway, good luck with any future use of your team, cheers!

Well, I have not to much to say about this team, I have faced it ton of times(I have a ton of Italian friends) Its is the definition on what bulk offense is on this meta, I see LO Digglet as the major threat but I dunno a bulk offense team that isnot kinda weak to LO Dig(ban this shit).

Congrats on the team friend, extreme solid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)