ORAS OU Offensive Balance - Knights and Ninjas

lol I suck at team names
Knights and Ninjas - OU Offensive Balance

Changes in red!
Gallade is basically the best thing ever, so I built a team around him. Basically how every team gets its beginnings, I'm sure you know the drill... on to the lovely team!
(Sorry about the lack of sprites; I am currently unable to add those)

The Team

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Shadow Sneak Knock Off
- Swords Dance

The Knight himself! Star of the team, with a standard sweeping set. He pairs well with Greninja, as he slaughters pretty much all Steel-types (bar Skarmory) and Chansey for him, and Ninja can break down the few guys who dare to wall Gallade.
Priority was nice, but Knock Off is more powerful and... well, it's Knock Off.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam

And here's the Ninja, the co-star of the team, and hopefully not the one who gets banned. I pretty much already explained his role in Gallade's description; Ice Beam lets him nail Landorus and Gliscor, who threaten to stop Gallade on his rampage.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

With my two main offensive Pokemon both hugely threatened by Talonflame, I decided I needed a birdspam check, and here he is, the guy who'll CLEAN my team of any of that! Heh... anyway, standard defensive set, with enough speed to outrun max Azu (but who runs max speed Azu?), and the rest poured into bulk for obvious reasons.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

I had my physical wall already, so why not add the best special wall in the game? More standard moveset stuff. She heals the team of status conditions, with is useful for both walling and sweeping, and is an excellent wall herself.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

What team doesn't need Stealth Rocks? Excadrill sets that up as well as clearing them on my side of the field, although my team isn't incredibly desperate for hazard clearing. He also provides a temporary Ground immunity if Rotom's out, and being immune to Spikes is nifty for a rapid spinner.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Needed a Gallade check.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw Iron Head

This is my backup sweeper/cleaner in case both of my other guys die. Not really any need for explanation; standard scarf set.
For the fairies and coverage and stuff.
Threatlist

Ironically, Gallade is high on my threatlist; neither of my walls can stand up to his onslaught, Garchomp only 2HKO's where he's OHKO'd by Ice Punch and +2 Close Combat, Greninja can't switch in except on a Psychic move, only 2HKO's, and dies to a +2 resisted Close Combat, and Excadrill can't do crap for obvious reasons. I may switch Exca for a Skarmory so that I can reliably check it.

...There's nothing else I can think of right now...
Exportable

Gallade @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

byebye

That's it...

Last edited:
To spoil you need to use (hide) (/hide) but with these symbols : [ ]

1)Shadow Sneak sucks with the good speed tiers of Gallade-Mega. Knock Off is clearly better. Also, Zen Headbutt is better, because you can (very close to 100%) OHKO Conkeldurr with it.
252 Atk Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Conkeldurr: 288-338 (82 - 96.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Gallade Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Conkeldurr: 324-384 (92.3 - 109.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Use this set :
Gallade @ Galladite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

2)Excadrill is very redundant with Garchomp. I'm suggesting Skarmory > Excadrill because it offers nice synergy with Chansey, and can Defog away EH.
Skarmory @ Shed Shell / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird / Counter
- Roost
- Whirlwind / Counter

3)You lose Stealth Rock with the change 2), so i think Stealth Rock > Aromatherapy.
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Let's me know what you think.

So the GrenAde, core is very strong to begin with, they both switch in on each other's weaknesses and have great offensive synergy, I recommend switching out Dark Pulse for Hydro Pump as you lack a strong water STAB. Without repeating too much of Vinc's post above Excadrill is outclassed by Skarmory as a Stealth Rocker anyway. I recommend the set mentioned above.

Another suggestion would be to remove Dragon Claw from Garchomp, when running a ScarfChomp the idea is coverage. Having two dragon moves cuts down on you coverage dramatically so I advise Poison Jab or Fire Blast to cover Ferrothorn and various Fairy Types.

To spoil you need to use (hide) (/hide) but with these symbols : [ ]

1)Shadow Sneak sucks with the good speed tiers of Gallade-Mega. Knock Off is clearly better. Also, Zen Headbutt is better, because you can (very close to 100%) OHKO Conkeldurr with it.
252 Atk Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Conkeldurr: 288-338 (82 - 96.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Gallade Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Conkeldurr: 324-384 (92.3 - 109.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Use this set :
Gallade @ Galladite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

2)Excadrill is very redundant with Garchomp. I'm suggesting Skarmory > Excadrill because it offers nice synergy with Chansey, and can Defog away EH.
Skarmory @ Shed Shell / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird / Counter
- Roost
- Whirlwind / Counter

3)You lose Stealth Rock with the change 2), so i think Stealth Rock > Aromatherapy.
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Let's me know what you think.
I was thinking of replacing Excadrill anyway.
Is it at all possible to fit Stealth Rock on Skarmory? Aromatherapy support can be super useful.

So the GrenAde, core is very strong to begin with, they both switch in on each other's weaknesses and have great offensive synergy, I recommend switching out Dark Pulse for Hydro Pump as you lack a strong water STAB. Without repeating too much of Vinc's post above Excadrill is outclassed by Skarmory as a Stealth Rocker anyway. I recommend the set mentioned above.

Another suggestion would be to remove Dragon Claw from Garchomp, when running a ScarfChomp the idea is coverage. Having two dragon moves cuts down on you coverage dramatically so I advise Poison Jab or Fire Blast to cover Ferrothorn and various Fairy Types.
I've been using Dark Pulse for Slowbro, since I don't have Thunderbolt on R-W, and besides, I have Hydro on him.
Garchomp suggestion is good, I'll try it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)