XY OU Offensive / Balanced OU Team

This is a somewhat offensive team built around Serperior. I have only played a couple games with this team but I havent lost a game with it on the OU ladder. Haven't found too many holes either.

*quick note*: I mention 'we' throughout almost this entire RMT since I haven't built this team all by myself. I have built this with a friend. The only section where I mention "I" is with the Zapdos since that is my personal addition.

DMT's Snarky (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

First Pokémon is Serperior. This Pokémon got a huge boost due to it's contrary ability. It already had a nice speed with base 113. This allows you to outspeed a lot of threats in the current OU meta game since a lot of them have base 110 speed. Serperior Doesn't get the best coverage but once you get rid of certain mons that stop it, it becomes really good. I decided to go with Leftovers since it allows you to take priority a bit better. You want Serperior to live for a while since it needs that to be able to set up and become dangerous.

Etna (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic

A pokémon that complements Serperior really nicely is Heatran. We wanted to go with the offensive anti-stall variant. This thing can beat a Chansey one-on-one since you can trap it with the magma storm and then Taunt + Toxic it. The air balloon is a really nice item to keep around since a lot of Scarf earthquakers are running around and you can get a safe switch into this. also other Heatran shouldnt be a problem. You can 2HKO every variant and they have to break your balloon first.

Balboa (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Nice and standard AV Conkeldurr. At the time we didnt realize that Heatran would beat Chansey and thus we wanted something that could deal with the Chanseys. AV Conk is also a thing that is nice to have as a back-up against Special Attackers such as Gengar which can be a threat to this team. Priority is also a nice thing to have since this basically gives you a good check to Sand-offence and even more important my personal nemesis "Bisharp".

Used to be Ubers (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 216 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Our Heatran used to have Stealth Rock but we thought that Taunt would be more useful. So we needed a rocker. I suggested to use lead Garchomp since it has nice power and matches up well against things as lead Landorus. The Naive Nature is necessary to outspeed certain things without the minus SpA. Then we added 40 EVs into SpD otherwise defensive Rotom-W could 2HKO with Hydro Pump. Especially for the pokémon which we cannot hit. For example the rotom-W we have Toxic.

Mega Big Bird (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 68 SpA / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost

This used to be a thundurus but I changed it to a Zapdos since we didnt have anything to get rid of hazards. Boltbeam is there for nice coverage and I run enough SpA investment to 2HKO SpD Gliscor 100% of the time. These Spe EVs also allow me to outrun all the SpD Gliscors which are running around right now. Maybe I had to sacrifice some bulk but Zapdos is still putting in the work for me.

XXX Elmo XXX (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Last pokémon is Mega Scizor. We wanted to add something bulky, a switch into the lati twins and something that could deal with Fairies (especially mega Diancie). Mega Scizor fit the bill perfectly since we didn't have a mega either. The bulky set was just perfect for this team since we needed something to take hits from the pokémon which I mentioned above and it has reliable recovery nice STAB priority and in general is a really good Pokémon. Everything that it cannot beat I feel like we have a switch-in for.

So this was the team. The one thing I did notice I could have trouble with is Azumarill. Either the AV set or the CB set will do a lot of damage to my team. Another thing I can see do a lot of work to my team is Mega-Sceptile if it runs HP fire. Otherwise Scizor will have it.

Leave you constructive critisism below :]

nice team buddy its yo boy george i gotta say you need to put more def investment on zapdos and i dont get why you have spa on zapdos anyways cool team :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)