Offensive MONSTERS

So I decided to try my hand with, what started out as a hyper offensive team. This team started out as solely a swords dance lucario. Seriously, that was it. I even won a couple games with him. Thats not the main point, however. The team slowly built up to be a bit more balanced, as I added pokes to cover team weaknesses. Without further adieu, my team! Excuse the boring lack of pictures :P

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / (252 HP or 252 Atk)?
Hardy Nature
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Forretress opens up the show, always being able to get down at least one layer of spikes. Theoretically, I would spikes once or twice, then rest and sleep talk the last spikes/explode on someone. Really, all he manages to do is either get some spikes down, or (nearly) kill the opposing lead. No one appreciates and explosion to the face. Not sure what I should do for EVs.

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Here's my ever faithful TTar. He sets up stealth rock, and also does his fair share of killing things. First of all, man do I love that chople berry. He survives a lot of stuff that people THINK will kill him, and often one shots them back, or at least gets SR out, and gets to switch to my counter. Bulky spread helps him survive a lot, and he does actually do a good amount of killing.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Porygon2 is in here as my special wall. Boltbeam helps kill lots of stuff. Recover/toxic for stalling. He isnt anything too special, and if you think anything else would do better here, I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Excadrill (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill is too good. TOO GOOD. TTar sets up sandstorm, and then excadrill outspeeds nearly everything, and one shots pretty much anything, especially if I can switch him in to something he scares away, and get a swords dance off. Seriously, Excadrill is totally gdlk. Most of my games end with an Excadrill sweep, and if not, he usually takes out a pokemon or two.

Garchomp (F) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is also looking to be replaced. I feel like he doesn't do much that Excadrill doesn't do. That being said, Garchomp has ripped holes in enemy teams. He does a good job, but I was thinking that maybe a mixed attacker would be better here. Basically, this is an open slot for anyone who can tear some holes in the enemy team, maybe cause some switches and rack up passive damage. Maybe mixmence? Dunno. Again, open to suggestions.

Latios (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Memento

Latios is another offensive beast. He hits special, which my team was really lacking. Basically, he hits something really hard with Draco Meteor, and people may think he's choiced. Regardless, he still counters a lot of pokes. When he gets low on health, he mementos, which gets me free setup. I'd say I've won a lot of games because of that.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your time!

suggestions

if you want a special wall, try blissy. It can learn thunderbolt,ice beam, flamethrower, or siesmic toss for an attack. It can also pretty much tank any special moves, but physical moves could kill it. You could also try bronzong or cresellia. To replace garchomp, you could try berloom, it gets the job done well. Instead of ice beam on TT, you could try stone edge or crunch. Just my opinions, but I hope I can help you out.

Your Forretress has a Hardy nature... yeah if using Explosion I'd give him Adamant, with HP and Atk maxed, and the remaining 4 dropped into Def or speed to outrun other Forretress. His natural physical bulk is already quite good, and you want Explosion to hurt as much as possible especially after the nerf. Otherwise you're better off investing entirely into HP/Def, and making your attacking move Volt Switch.

Also, while Porygon2 is quite bulky on both sides it's special walling is rather outclassed by Blissey, taking over 50% from a number of powerful special moves that Blissey just shrugs off with it's gargantuan HP. But disregard that, this is an offensive team, you shouldn't really be using too many walls since they just slow you down and give opposing teams time to set up. What you really need is another Fighting resist, since you carry 3 fighting weaknesses and Latios isn't immortal. Also, Excadrill prefers a third coverage move over Rapid Spin here, since Toxic Spikes aren't going to hurt you that much. Not if you get rid of Porygon2, anyway.

Yeah, I only recently realized I totally forgot to ev/nature my forretress. Fixed that pronto.
Is there anyone you would suggest for a fighting resist? And what would you suggest over rapid spin? (i do tend to use that from time to time. I find myself switching a lot, and it really adds up.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)