Offensive OU team [snorlax sweep]

At a Glance:

Okay, so basically, there are two main parts to this team: A baton passed Machamp, and an uncommon snorlax.

In Depth Look:

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
248 Hp / 232 Atk / 28 Spe

~Stealth rocks
~Bullet Punch
~Earthquake
~Explosion

Why?: Metagross is a bulky, powerful Attacker, that can not only set up rocks, then do some good damage afterwards. I gave him bullet punch because he is not necessarily fast, but the priority, with STAB makes it a decent attack. Earthquake is to cover other some weaknesses, like other metagross's, Heatran's, and Tyranitar's. Explosion is just for if he cant get many more attacks in, he does some devastating damage with it. The reason I gave him leftovers is because I want him to be able to come back in and be somewhat of a revenge killer, with his priority Bullet punch.

Gliscor @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
252 Hp / 196 SpD / 60 Spe

~Rock polish
~Swords dance
~baton pass
~Taunt?

Why?: With decent bulk and speed, Gliscor is a great baton passer. What makes him one of the best baton passers in my opinion is that He can pass +2 Speed, and +2 Attack. Pretty much, he sets up what he can, rock polish first, and passes it. Im not sure if I want to keep taunt, but i could come in handy some times.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 176 Spe / 80 Hp

~Dynamic Punch
~Earthquake
~Rest
~Sleep talk

Why?: Well, Machamp is the recipient of the baton passing. With amazing attack, he is perfect for this role. After the pass, he will have 380 Spe and a massive 788 Atk. From there he should pretty much be able to sweep very well. I chose the rest-talk variant because it gives him alot more of a chance to live longer and sweep more. Im not sure if I want to keep machamp for this position, ive concidered swithching him out for a tryanitar or scizor.

Azelf @ Expert belt.
Timid Nature
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

~Nasty plot
~Psychic
~Flamethrower
~Grass Knot

Why?: I've had alot of success with this nasty plot sweeper in the past. If I predict a switch, I set up nasty plot, and after that is set up, he does some serious damage. The actual reason I put this Azelf on my team is because all other attackers I have are physical, and I need a pokemon that can tear up a physical wall. Psychic of coarse is his most powerful STAB attack. Flamethrower covers common defensive threats such as Skarmory. Grass know cover other threats like swampert and hippowdon.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 Hp / 200 SpD / 56 Def
~Will-o-Wisp
~Pain Split
~Shadow Sneak
~Brick Break

Why?: Well Dusknoir has three purposes on my team: Spin-blocker, Wall and Ghost lure. First off, he blocks rapid spin users, but that isn't very important. His good defenses make him a good wall. His main purpose though, is to lure out pokemon that use ghost type moves, to safely switch in Snorlax. Will-o-Wisp is to burn the opponents [obviously] greatly decreasing a physical attackers ability to do good damage to him, and also slowly damages them. Pain Split is awesome, especially with Dusknoirs pathetic Hp. He mostly uses it when foes switch in to a new poke that has full Hp, Which Dusknoir uses to increase his own hp, while lowering theirs. Brick break is pretty much just there in case of screeners.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpD

~Stock pile
~Belly drum
~Rest
~Body slam

why?: This fat ass is the star of my team. Its based on a set developed by The Flaming Spaid, but that I modified a little. After 3 stock piles, his defenses will be amazing. He then will use a rest for the damage he got during that time. After that he sets up a belly drum, then rests again. At this point, he just belly drums all enemies. When he gets high amounts of damage, he just rests, and easily survives until he wakes up. If used properly, this Snorlax set is nearly unbeatable.

When Rating: Please leave constructive criticism, and anything you think would make my team better. All recommendations will be considered. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

This team has a pretty decent idea, however having one pure Baton Pass Pokemon on a team is slightly redundant and unrealiable. You will have more success by having a Pokemon there that can counter Pokemon that run trains on your team atm, Ghosts. Life Orb Gengar and the Rotom Formes will put huge dents in your teams especially since you ghost "check" Rotom is weak to Ghosts himself. I would suggest getting rid of Gliscor and instead placing a strong Pursuit user into the team, such as Tyranitar or Weavile. The one problem with TTar is that you bring in Sandstorm which negates Snorlax's Leftovers which are rather crucial, this is why I suggest a Weavile.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP

Pursuit
Ice Shard (Bye Bye Dragons)
Brick Break/ Low Kick
Ice Punch/ Night Slash

This will allow you to kill Dragons and OHKO most Ghosts with a strong CB pursuit. You could also have standard CB Scizor fill this role however Gengar runs HP Fire a lot these days and simply KOs it.

Good Luck with your team.

Lol, do you know how stat ups work? Belly drum maxes out after a single use. Surviving long enough to get all those stat ups is nearly impossible.
3 Stockpile + Belly Drum is 4 turns already. Add 3 more every time you rest. Make sure to factor in that it only takes 1 turn for the opponent to see what you're up to and phaze you. I'd switch that snorlax to either the curse variant, or the resttalker as they seem to be the most effective in the current meta.
EDIT: The second line and on still hold true(in my post), however I'd recommend changing Belly Drums all enemies to Body Slams all enemies(in your post) lol.

This team has a pretty decent idea, however having one pure Baton Pass Pokemon on a team is slightly redundant and unrealiable. You will have more success by having a Pokemon there that can counter Pokemon that run trains on your team atm, Ghosts. Life Orb Gengar and the Rotom Formes will put huge dents in your teams especially since you ghost "check" Rotom is weak to Ghosts himself. I would suggest getting rid of Gliscor and instead placing a strong Pursuit user into the team, such as Tyranitar or Weavile. The one problem with TTar is that you bring in Sandstorm which negates Snorlax's Leftovers which are rather crucial, this is why I suggest a Weavile.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP

Pursuit
Ice Shard (Bye Bye Dragons)
Brick Break/ Low Kick
Ice Punch/ Night Slash

This will allow you to kill Dragons and OHKO most Ghosts with a strong CB pursuit. You could also have standard CB Scizor fill this role however Gengar runs HP Fire a lot these days and simply KOs it.

Good Luck with your team.
Thanks alot for the advice, and that is a good idea. I think I will swap out Gliscor, but then the only problem is that Machamp doesnt quite do what he is supposed to on this team without the passing. Any suggestions on what to switch out Machamp for? I was thinking a SubRoost Aero might be nice?

Lol, do you know how stat ups work? Belly drum maxes out after a single use. Surviving long enough to get all those stat ups is nearly impossible.
3 Stockpile + Belly Drum is 4 turns already. Add 3 more every time you rest. Make sure to factor in that it only takes 1 turn for the opponent to see what you're up to and phaze you. I'd switch that snorlax to either the curse variant, or the resttalker as they seem to be the most effective in the current meta.
EDIT: The second line and on still hold true(in my post), however I'd recommend changing Belly Drums all enemies to Body Slams all enemies(in your post) lol.
Well the thing is, it DOES work. watch some of the flaming spaid's videos. you rest whenever his hp gets low, and each time a stock pile is set up, his defenses get even better.

The Machamp is still fine without the stat passes although I would change his EVs to 252 HP/ 252 Attack/ 4 Speed as you do not really need the extra speed. Also change Earthquake to Payback to give yourself a way of dealing with levitate Ghost types.

Also Reebok the Snorlax set is designed to be a late game sweeper, so once everything is weakened and Ghosts are eliminated he can come in on a special attacker and use Stockpile on the switch or attack. From there you proceed to Stockpile again and then eventually rest up. Believe me it is a fearsome late game sweeper and is not that hard to set up.

The Machamp is still fine without the stat passes although I would change his EVs to 252 HP/ 252 Attack/ 4 Speed as you do not really need the extra speed. Also change Earthquake to Payback to give yourself a way of dealing with levitate Ghost types.

Also Reebok the Snorlax set is designed to be a late game sweeper, so once everything is weakened and Ghosts are eliminated he can come in on a special attacker and use Stockpile on the switch or attack. From there you proceed to Stockpile again and then eventually rest up. Believe me it is a fearsome late game sweeper and is not that hard to set up.
Alrighty then, thanks bro. I'll do that. And yeah, without the +2 he wont outspeed much anyway. Thanks again :)

Your entire team is 6-0'd by any Water-type, besides Swampert. Suicune can set up on Gliscor, and if Azelf hasn't Nasty Plotted yet, it will OHKO with Surf. Metagross has to explode on it, but if you don't live the Surf then its gone too. Snorlax can kinda stop it but while you are Stockpiling it is boosting its attack, you rest and its still boosting while you are asleep and then its at +6 and you die very fast and have no chance to Belly Drum, and it will eventually win.

I suggest to fix this you maybe replace Dusknior with Rotom-A. Rotom-A is far better thanks to Levitate and better Defensive typing and faster speed. Dusknior is slow and bad. :( Rotom-A will scare away any common OU Water-type (besides Lanturn or Swampert) with Thunderbolt. While Dusknior cannot do much but attack with its shitty low base power STAB attack. I'm going to suggest a defensive set, because you want to live, but you also want to be able to deal some damage.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers | 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spe | Timid Nature
Substitute | Will-O-Wisp | Thunderbolt | Shadow Ball

As previously mentioned, Machamp wants Payback or Stone Edge or something so it can do something against Ghost-Types, and STalk Machamp should always have the Guts ability, so just make sure you have that. :) Stone Edge will also let you hit Flying-types like Zapdos, Gyarados and Dragonite who will wall you otherwise.

Lastly BellyLax. Unfortunately in order for BellyLax to work on your team it will need massive support and basically a whole new team. Nothing on your team really has the necessary stuff to make sure it can come in and sweep like it needs too. Stockpile is also a fairly bad move because of the way it makes you more susceptable to Critical Hits from both ends of the spectrum. Also, you state that Belly Drumming can be done more than once, and this is simply untrue which leads me to believe that you are a rather inexperienced player using a very complicated set. No offense. I think something like CurseLax would be much better. Its roughly the same set but with slowly cursing up your Attack and Defense in one move instead of Stockpile + Drumming. I also find that CurseLax will often do a much better job since BellyLax isn't the offensive titan it once was. :(

Snorlax @ Leftovers | 168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD | Careful Nature
Curse | Body Slam | Crunch / Earthquake / Fire Punch | Rest

The middle choice is yours. I find Fire Punch to be a solid option since it hits just about everything that body slam can't, besides Rock-types. Earthquake will hit all steels besides skarmory and Rock-types, but it leaves you open to Ghost-types like Gengar. Crunch will hit Ghost-types but it leaves you open to Rock- and Steel-types. So its really your call. Simply Curse up a storm, then Rest when you are low on health, wake up and attack. Simple and effective.

That all I got for your team and I hope my changes helped. Good luck. :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)