Offensive OU

I'm kinda new to pokemon in general, so this team might seem kinda bad, but it's been doing well so far, I guess. So far I'm 11 and 4 with this team, so it doesn't seem so bad. Anyways, the team:

Terrakion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Terrakion's kind of a lead, but I tend to switch my team around based on the other team. Pretty straightforward: if possible, set up a substitute while the other pokemon is putting up rocks or spikes, and maybe use a swords dance, then attack.

Kyurem (Kyurem-B) @ Choice Band
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

Kyurem-B is just a boss, and choice band just makes it even better. To be honest, I've never actually used Freeze Shock or Dragon Claw in battle; Outrage and Fusion bolt are powerful enough by themselves. It's kind of a problem to get locked into Outrage against a Ferrothorn, which is probably the only time I'll use Dragon Claw. Anyways, this set has the potential to OHKO pretty much any pokemon that doesn't resist it, even many defensive pokemon.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Toxic

Blissey's my wall, and it's a pretty straightforward set. Basically, aromatherapy to heal status, softboiled and toxic to stall out, and seismic toss for coverage against steel or poison types in late game, and for taunts.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Icy Wind
Keldeo is my fastest pokemon, as its scarfed, and it helps me take down pokemon with speed boosts or set-up sweepers. It's pretty straightforward. Hidden Power Ghost is mainly for coverage, and icy wind because it's the only ice move keldeo learns, and I don't want to use hp-ice.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn sets up spikes and rocks, and it's again pretty straightforward. It's pretty useful for taking down opposing kyurem-b's which give my team a bit of trouble, and it is a fairly powerful pokemon.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Starmie rounds up this team with rapid spin support, mainly for kyurem-b. It's also a powerful special attacker, with hard-hitting moves. However, it doesn't really have much bulk, so it's hard for starmie to stay in. Sometimes I just switch in, spin, and switch out.

Pokemon that give this set trouble:
Gothitelle: I absolutely hate Gothitelle, when I see it in team preview, I get pretty annoyed. It has psyshock to deal with Blissey too, and pretty much my only counter is ferrothorn. For that matter, wobbuffet and other shadow tag users give this set trouble.

Scizor: I really hate scizor, because it's so hard to take down. Especially choice band technitian scizor, because it's really powerful. For that matter, breloom too is quite annoying, but a bit more managable than scizor. I have no hard counters to either.

Gliscor: Yeah, Gliscor just annoys the **** out of me. I have no multi-hitting moves, so I'm a bit screwed against a gliscor. Ferrothorn's sort of a defence, but not really.

Yeah, that's my team. Please rate!

Hey there welcome to Smogon! Anyway I ran the team through a team builder and noticed a VERY huge problem: 4/6 weak to Fighting and 3/6 to Grass. While I can make a few suggestions to replace some Pokemon, it's up to you to test them and see if they fit.

Now I suggest Landorus--> Terrakion
Landorus@ life orb/leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: sheer Force
EV: 252 SpA/ 252 Speed
1. Rock Polish
2. Earth power
3. Hidden Power Ice
4. Focus Blast

Next I suggest Garchomp>Kyurem

Garchom@Life Orb/Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly/ Naive (if Scarf)
Ability: Rough Skin
EV: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
1. Dragon Claw
2. Earthquake
3. Swords Dance (if Life Orb) or Aqua Tail/Crunch/Outrage (if Choice Scarf)
4. Fire Blast (Fire Fang can work if Life Orb)

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hi, nice team.

This is a very interesting team you have here, and getting right in to my rate, you seem to have a real weakness to Breloom, as if it gets a Swords Dance up, it can practically sweep your entire team with it's Technician boosted STAB moves, as Starmie is your only resists, it just won't be enough. To help with your Breloom problem, I would like to recommend running an Offensive Celebi over your current choice of Ferrothorn. With it's excellent typing, access to Recover, and a fantastic ability in Natural Cure, Celebi can easily take down Breloom, resisting both of its STAB moves and OHKO back with a STAB Psychic. Now, if you went with Celebi, you have 3 Natural Cure Pokemon, this renders Aromatherapy near useless on Blissey, so I recommend running Stealth Rock over it. Stealth Rock is an excellent move for Blissey, as with it's extreme bulk, it can easily set up. Another suggestion I would make is using Life Orb on your Starmie over your current choice of Leftovers. Life Orb increases Starmie's damage output by 1.3x is always nice as well. Well, that's all I have to say for your team. I hope my advice helped just a little bit. Have fun and I wish you the best in your future endeavours!

Celebi @ Life Orb Lv. 100 -- Natural Cure

Nature: Modest - EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd​

- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Recover
- Leaf Storm

• Ferrothorn
    ---------------------> Offensive Celebi
  • Blissey
    : Aromatherapy -> Stealth Rock​
  • Starmie
    : Leftovers -> Life Orb​

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

Hey!

First of all, welcome to Smogon.

Speaking about your team, both Breloom and Scizor are troublesome, as you already said. To solve the weakness to Breloom, I'd use Latias replacing Kyurem-B; Latias has a Dragon-type as well and it can wall Breloom pretty well so she would work fine on your team. However, I'd use an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe, with a moveset of Calm Mind, Roar, Dragon Pulse and Recover, with Timid nature and with Leftovers because this set works very well with the support of entry hazards so Latias can be your main late game sweeper and she's good to take advantage of entry hazards too thanks to Roar, she also doesn't fear annoying status such as burn, badly poison and paralysis because you have Blissey with Aromatherapy, which cure all the status.

Now to solve the weakness to Scizor, you can try Flamethrower instead of Seismic Toss to surprise and hit hard Scizor when it switch into Blissey; Seismic Toss is usually a better move than Flamethrower but you have some problem versus Scizor so try Flamethrower on Blissey and see how it works during your battles, it should solve a little your weakness to Scizor. You can also try to use 84 EVs on Speed on Blissey to outspeed the standard Choice Band Scizor and to attack it with Flamethrower before it attacks Blissey, this is just an idea anyway, if you prefer your current EV spread because it has more staying power, you can keep it but you can try at the same a faster EV spread and see how it works in some battle.

After that, I suggest you to use Salac Berry replacing Leftovers on Terrakion and to move 4 EVs from HP to Special Defense accordingly, which allow to activate Salac Berry more easily. However, Salac Berry is a very great item on Terrakion and it's definitely better on the Sword Dance one because it allows Terrakion to sweep more easily against offensive teams which can revenge-kill it quite easily if it lacks Salac Berry. Another option instead of Leftovers is Rock Gem to hit hard both Gliscor and Skarmory, and since Gliscor is troublesome for your team, as you already said, you can try Rock Gem too in my opinion.

As last thing, I suggest you to follow Dr Ciel's suggestion about Starmie because Life Orb allows you to hit harder Jellicent which can wall Keldeo and your current Starmie, which can burn Ferrothorn and which can Taunt Blissey; Jellicent can also be troublesome because Starmie can't spin on it so you should try Life Orb to damage it harder, if you don't like Life Orb's recoil, Thunder is a nice option too because it 2HKOs Jellicent (below you can see the damage of Thunderbolt and Thunder on Jellicent), but it has 70% of accuracy so it's a risky move but since Rain teams are quite common nowadays, it isn't a bad choice.

Here are the damages of Starmie's Thunderbolt and Starmie's Thunder on the standard Jellicent:

252 SpAtk Starmie Thunderbolt vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Jellicent: 41.09% - 48.51%
252 SpAtk Starmie Thunder vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Jellicent: 51.98% - 61.39%

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)