Offensive team(with one wall) RMT post

ok this is my first time making a post on smogon but I guess I will do my best. Anyways to start off, I made a new team which I did use a few times. i'm not quite sure what this team really needs and I'd appreciate some feedback on this team! :toast:

THE POKEMON:

Hyper (Hydreigon) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

I really have wanted to use Hydreigon in a team for awhile so I decided I wanted to try him out on this team as a special attacker with good coverage to hit things hard with it's awesome movepool.

The Zone (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone I out on here to trap Ferro and Scizor, get a sub up and take them out with hidden power fire. Then flash cannon and thunderbolt for stab though I do take flash cannon into question if I should have it or put something different. Sub brings a good shield that leftovers regenerates if I can keep it up

Neptune (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

So here's my Stealth rocker. I used to hate Heatran and didn't dare use it but one fateful day it was recommended to me by a friend and Heatran's power and utility was amazing. So I decided to add him on this team to see if he does well here as well. Fire blast is powerful stab, Earth power for other trans and idk what, and hidden power ice for the dragon that Heatran can wall

IWillEndYOU! (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Gyarados has been one of my favourite pokemon to use since 4th gen, It's been awhile since I tried him so I decided let's put him to use! substitute and dragon dance on gyara is an insane combo for when you're fighting a stalling pokemon or take down gyara's threat list, he can start to wreck. and Moxie pressures the opponent as they don't want gyara to get up the boost so switching their pokemon alot will cause them to take damage from Gyarados's waterfall or bounce.

Musky (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

So here's my answer to Rotom Wash and his volt switch and hydro pump. swords dance to boost his attack while close combat and leaf blade for awesome stab. Final slot is stone edge to hit the flying types on the switch or on slower ones. I chose physical over special as I wanted a backup attacker to help gyara when my special attackers are walled(blissey) and close combat we all know will end Blissey's hold on my special attackers.

Rarket2 (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Protect

now I have one defensive pokemon on this team since the other 5 are attackers with good types to help switches. This wall of defense is Gliscor, I chose him because I noticed I lacked a solid fighting type resist(Conckledurr TERRAKION). So I put of Gliscor as I knew he'd be a great wall to them. so I ran a defensive set with toxic to stall, protect to gain Hp and toxic damage on my opponent. Taunt to stop set up on Gliscor and earthquake for stab to hit for decent damage

Anyways that rounds up the team and just a few notes, when i made this team i was thinking really type synergy wise but it does work out well otherwise

checks and counter:

Gyarados also gets my team in a tough spots as if he gets up a boost and Magnezone can't handle the waterfall. I haven't played with this team too much but I'd like to make it better and feedback on this team is appreciated!

Lady Alex

Mew is blue
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
You'll want to keep focus blast for sure. Anyway, I like this team and it looks pretty good. I've always been a fan of sub gyara and toxic gliscor. I know that it's pretty unconventional, but in order to deal with your gyarados problem you could consider using scarf rotom-c over virizion. You get to keep your water/electric/grass resistances but gain the ability to outspeed and 1hko +1 gyarados.

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate
EVs: 134 HP / 252 SAtk / 124 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
- Leaf Storm

The evs give you just enough speed to outspeed max speed adamant gyarados at +1.

I would also consider running substitute over taunt on gliscor. By only running protect, gliscor won't be able to indefinitely stall a pokemon that's been poisoned.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cool team man!

So the first suggestion is a small one, run Sub Hydreigon over your current set. The set I suggest is:

Hydreigon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Hydreigon causes loads of switches, as I'm sure you know, and this set makes the most of those switches. You force someone out, set up a Sub and dent or outright kill their switch-in with your impressive coverage. Try it out its sure to work better than your Expert Belt version, due to not having to predict all the time.

Next I suggest changing your Gyarados' EVs to 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spd; the EVs set allow Gyarados to outspeed all base 115 Speed Pokemon, such as Starmie, after one Dragon Dance, and also renders a burned Ferrothorn unable to break its Substitutes with Power Whip. I know you don't have a way to burn yet, but we will get there I promise.

My next suggestion helps you more against Sun Teams as well as Dragon Teams. I suggest running a Defensive Heatran over your current set. The set I suggest is the following:

Heatran @ Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs : 252 HP / 104 Def / 124 SAtk / 28 Spd
Nature : Modest ( +SAtk / -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm

This is a very interesting set used by Grimm70. The EVs give Heatran immense bulk, specifically on the Physical side. They allow Heatran to live a myriad of different moves, even STAB fighting moves like Scarf Terrakion's Close Combat. These defensive EVs also let it take the Outrages on dragon pokemon, and quickly burn them. That brings me to my next point, Sub DD Gyarados is so much more effective with Burn Support. With those burns, he can set up a Sub on numerous other foes, allowing him to DD with immunity. This set can even lure in and severely weaken Blissey, a pokemon who walls half your team atm.

You will lose Heatran's immediate power though, so that is something to be aware of. He becomes much more of an outright wall with the above set.

I also suggest running HP Ice over Stone Edge and a Hasty Nature on Virizion. This lets it man-handle common switch-ins like Gliscor.

Good Luck!

I use that virizon and i suggest lum berry over l-orb.
While a lum berry and life orb are useful, he failed to take into consideration the rest of your team, leftovers would definitely be your preferred choice over life orb as virizon is a very important team member in countering rain and sandstorm teams, which send you through hell and back without. You want to recover from sand and sponge a lot of water moves from rain teams without dying. So leftovers would be better for more survivability.

I would listen to joeyboy with the EV's on gyarados and hydreigon, sub hydra would be incredibly useful on incoming dragons so you won't have to rely on gliscor and, unreliably heatran as much (EQ on dragonite makes it unreliable).

Toxic gliscor is awesome but try running substitute over taunt, if you can come in on something and set up a sub, you can toxic stall slower opponents to death spamming Sub + Protect. Give it a go.

Good effort for a first team and good luck!

well coughing it isn't exactly my first team, I've been in competitive for awhile, this is just my first RMT post with a brand new team xD

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey,

This is a pretty good team you have so I'll keep this rate nice and short. As you said, Gyarados can cause quite a few problems; to remedy this, I suggest you switch your current Hydreigon for the Choice Scarf set as it can outpace +1 Gyarados and do significant damage through Draco Meteor while also being able to revenge kill other threats and help build momentum through the use of U-turn. Next use the following EVs on Gyarados as they're much more efficient: 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe (they allow Gyarados to outpace base 115's, like Starmie, after a single Dragon Dance while also having enough HP investment to make sure that a Power Whip from Ferrothorn won't break a substitute); additionally, I recommend using Intimidate instead of Moxie as it makes it much easier to set up while also providing the added bonus of helping bring down physical attackers. Lastly, I suggest that you replace Taunt with Substitute on Gliscor; Substitute makes its job of poisoning and stalling out bulky opponents a lot more easier while also providing a bit of cushioning when dealing with predictions.

[pimg]665[/pimg]
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid | Levitate
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

Changes in Short:

• Choice Scarf Hydreigon over Expert Belt variant
  • 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe on Gyarados
  • Substitute over Taunt on Gliscor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)