Official Halo 3 Thread

Before my brother was grounded, taking his 360 with him, I would use the account he betrays on as practice for when I get my 360 this Christmas (he made his Azelf account because he didn't feel like gaining his exp back btw, he still has his CernelxSanders account). Anyway, I prefered the Plasma Rifle over nearly everything since it doesn't reload (overheat) commonly when I use it and its firing rate increases. It's also a great mid-range weapon to use and the melee works nicely with the thing overheating- time wise of course. I also liked the Spiker for some odd reason, since it seems to do more damage than the AR.

Unlike my brother, I've almost never touched a BR in any match. I honestly prefer the Magnum or a SR over a BR.

On that note, I love High Ground since I love rushing the other team on a Mongoose (I usually hop off near the cave closest to the camo and kill the person going for it, otherwise, I'll just go for the Spartan Laser and take out the Ghost spammers early. My second favorite map is definately Blackout. Blackout is a nicely sized map and it's just fun to sneak up on teams absuing the two most used snipeing spots. I also like the Pit since I usually start t-bagging parties in the room with the TV, also, it's not as easy to be revenge killed there so, I can enjoy my killing spree without having to die right after I get the medal.

well, gonna report on my status..

took me 75 totals games of lone wolves to get my commander...

where i have over 120 EXPERIENCE alone in team slayer to get to 32 highest skill.

lol

I've been getting owned repeatedly as of late. We're talking -10 a game, it's bad. I'll like run up to melee this guy I've been shooting and he busts out a sword, or get sniped as I jump from cover, or get assassinated before I can finish killing someone. It's pretty lame.

I have ~5100 kills, and ~5500 deaths, so I need a lot of kills to get my Kill / Death ratio over 1. Is there any way to reset your stats, because seriously, my early Halo career is ruining me. I checked my older games, and as soon as I got out of basic training, I was in 4th, 5th or 6th every game, with a negative score at the end. It has only been recently that I win sometimes, but I still get screwed pretty badly sometimes. Mostly on The Pit. A sword, rockets, and two shotguns, plus maulers everywhere... it's bad news for mid range players like me. I stick with lighter weapons like the SMG, Battle Rifle, Needler, etc, so these crazy melee weapons cause me problems.

i got a few free days next week and ill probably play some cod4 or halo more likely halo. add hoverbus for some team slayer

havent played in a while though.

I stick with lighter weapons like the SMG, Battle Rifle, Needler, etc, so these crazy melee weapons cause me problems.
battle rifle is all you need

. Mostly on The Pit. A sword, rockets, and two shotguns, plus maulers everywhere...
actually i played a lot like you in the past (now i'm more 50/50 br and ar)

the best thing you can do is start snipping with shotty/sword on top of the platforms

lunge at anyone jumping up, set up regenarator in case of multiple attackers etc. Pit is probably my second best map (next to guardian)

sorry to double post, but now that the holidays are coming up for everyone, anyone interested in playing through campaign, or having a day of team swat/slayer/team doubles/mlg/customs? organizing a time would be best for this. possibly even tournaments (i also have grifball saved if anyone wants to play that)

KillswitchBeing here

add me as GT scarface22593 and yeah im pretty good even though i dont have good highest rank thingy ( think it 30something)

Keeping this thread alive since nearly everyone is taking a holiday break soon :/. Seeing how my brother has a chance of getting his 360 back this week, I'll probabally make an account on it (Darkerkrai or some type of funny name).

Now, anyone plan to do something fun (Campaign, Forge, etc.) since all or most of the Halo 3 players here can fit into one party?

I'll party up with you guys sometime after christmas, we should all get together and play Big Team Slayer together, that'd be pretty cool :)

Big Team Slayer would be sweet. I finally got my star in that today - 150 EXP in Big Team. :) Big Team is really cool actually, a lot more targets.

Skiddle, definitely stick with BR, and if you really need it, AR. Other than the power weapons, you're set with those. BR is the most incredibly balanced weapon in the game, as if you're far enough and one random shot from the spread misses, it could lead to your death.

There's this whole drama about the BR spread, and how it sucks or some bullshit like that lol. I don't exactly know what the argument is about...

AR is basically you're last resort, if you're close or need to reload your BR.

Anyways, I finally got up to 40 with some friends that are really good. I think I'm leaving the 27th for vacation, and getting back sometime during early January, so maybe near the end of Christmas break we all do some Big Team?

Big Team sounds awsome :/. I just pray that my brother gets his 360 back tomorrow so I can get online ;_;.

Considering the shiff from Halo 2 to Halo 3, the AR seems to have a lot more power, but, nothing else. As said, the BR is the most balanced weapon in the game if anything. A Sniper and a BR would keep me set for the rest of the game.

well, me and thunda played multi team today. We won 3 games (should've been 4 but thunda decided to unlearn how to play halo) and I went MVP 4 times. We also played turtles, rabbits, and grifball as a few custom games

Hmph, guess I'll add everyone in this thread :/. With that said, I finally managed to get my own account (Da Letter L) and it really didn't take long to get my 19 in TS, my 11 in MLG or my 10 in TSwat. My past 3 dozen or so games were just making me death fodder and I somehow managed to betray my teammates as I was trying to BR someone down ;_;. Anyway, this thread needs some type of life :s.

I got an Elite and Halo for Christmas, and I'll admit that I'm not very good at it. I usually get 2nd/3rd in matches. I'm pretty sure it's cause I suck balls with the BR and prefer the assault rifle instead.

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Roy when you read this, add me son, my gt is Cokewalk. We haven't spoke eachother in a looooong time ;D

Still didn't have the time to practice Halo though, Fallout 3 is keeping me busy lately, and so is Call of Duty.

Why is it that every time I log on to team slayer my team mates absolutely blow and i have to carry the team? Not to be cocky, but when i have 21 kills and the rest of my team has like 9, something is wrong.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Because you have to play more to get your rank up there to play with other people around your skill level.

That Legendary 4 player co-op never did happen. I was busier during winter break than during the school semester x.x

Why is it that every time I log on to team slayer my team mates absolutely blow and i have to carry the team? Not to be cocky, but when i have 21 kills and the rest of my team has like 9, something is wrong.
Really, it's your rank. If you have too low of a rank, you're down there with the boosters and craptastic players. If you have a high rank, you'll be up with and against a lot of players at your level.

But, yeah, in MLG, they seem to be the same skill no matter your rank :s.

Oh and a LOT of people seem to want to call me out in mlg for some odd reason ?_?. None of my friends are on and they want a 2v2 match when I'm beating them 1v1. Seriously, this guy calls me a noob for suiciding the whole game, invites me to a 1v1 game on guardian, i'm beating him 15-9 and 2 of his friends join the game (this was regular slayer btw) and I end up getting a killing spree twice and winning 25-17-17-9 :/. I sadly didn't want to teabag them for some odd reason.

Roy and Bentendo - I'll add you guys when I'm on next. I play kinda sporadically when I'm at school, but chances are I'll be on sometime after dinner-ish each day. I live with 7 other guys, so sometimes I'll be playing Social (typically Slayer and Skirm). If not I'll play pretty much whatever. One downer is that I don't have the fucking new maps on the Xbox at school. Ugh. Also, if either of you play 1v1 in H2 (or want to try their luck at it) I'll shit my pants...

II DIE5EL II - My account since May '07. ~4000 H2 games, ~1000 H3 games (all on other peoples' 360's).

Cade303 - My roommate's account, mostly my stats, but ya never know. I was intentionally keeping my rank below 30 until my idiot friend took it to 31 :P

Anyone else who's good or wants to fuck around in Social should add me.

Oh. Then that makes sense on the skill thing.

I still really want to play some of you guys. I haven't finished my own legendary co-op and am missing some skulls along the way, so I'd be more than happy to chug through it if anyone wants to.

I'd love to fuck around in social but I need to get my exp low enough to the point where i can skip as many ranks as possible while i get my skill up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)