Official Smogon VGC 17 Tournament ROUND 2 PAIRINGS [Read Post #522] [Extension deadline 1/27]

Opponent couldn't agree on a time that works for me. Never checked back with me to schedule and just assumed I'd play at the same time as we scheduled yesterday.

Activity post, me and my opponent scheduled at 1.30 pm GMT-5 and moved to 1.30 because he had to lunch before. We started to play and after game1 he went to lunch. He told me to wait some minutes to finish our match because I can't play later or tomorrow and after 30 minutes he isn't back

It seems my opponent made that post a moment ago, so i hope i'm not too late. Will edit this post with more detail if he has left and we can't finish.

e: My oppo asked me if we could play at 1, and I said to him that it would be fine, but I would probably having lunch sometime around this time, so I may need to start later. He said 7:30 his time, so I said sure. He made absolutely no indication that he would have to leave soon after this time, and I ended up having to have lunch after the first game (which I contacted him early to start at around 1:20 my time, and I won this first game). It wasn't like it was midnight or something for him, so I thought this wouldn't be unreasonable, but he seemed insistent that he would have to leave "in 15 minutes" and seemed to be under the assumption that each game would take no more than 5 minutes. My unexpected situation of having to leave the computer suddenly + the poor scheduling of him not being able to stay on meant we couldn't finish it today. I told him all the times I am available tomorrow (his 11 pm and anytime after, and I also offered to play during my school around his 6 pm). If he has more than 15 minutes of availability during the day he should be able to play me, otherwise i'd like to claim activity / get an extension if that makes it even easier for my opponent to find time to play

Last edited:
Opponent hasn't responded to my VM or logged in since Wednesday, which is, you know, starting to look bleak.

Internet connection was absolutely horrible and i couldn't even think about my plays but oh well lost 0-2 vs Hibiki second one was even a timeout...

requesting activity win as opponent missed our scheduled time yesterday and i waited for him all day. I cannot battle today and I told him that and yet he still didn't show up. I also messaged him several times earlier in the week. blarajan
Evidence:
pokemon tournament.PNG

EmbCPT

VGC 2022 Masters Champion
Calling activity on my match against Shiba, as he/she hasn't contacted me after I sent him/her the first message. It's been far over the 72 hours since the round started, so I figured it'd be about time.
I have a slight problem, however. I'm not sure if the method I used to contact my opponent is a VM. I sent them a private message instead of posting on their wall. Should I add blarajan to the conversation? It's a bit complicated to post that conversation on my wall, since it's basically just my initial post with my timezone and availability, followed by no reply.
Thank you for your time and excuse my ignorance.

CONTACTED BUT ,haven't heard from my opponent in almost 48 hours opponent keeps missing our meeting times not sure what to do

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My opponent and I scheduled for 2pm his time/10pm mine tonight. Currently 10:45pm and he's a no show

Still haven't heard from him over 12 hours later, claiming activity I suppose

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)