Oh! Gravity! I'm Firen Mah Phazers! OU RMT?

Intro

Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfu6lcyPNCg

Why hallo there, after seing a Offensive Gravity Team around on Serebii Forums I thought to myself, that would be so stupid...

Little did I know of the awsomeness of Gravity however. Besides making it where all Levitators and Flying types alike sink to the ground, it also makes moves have a higher chance to hit.
Still I found it not worth it until something so OBVIOUS dawned on me.
Gravity + Toxic Spikes + Spikes + Stealth Rocks = dead. However gravity is a rare move and I had no experience with Stall teams but decided to give it a try.

I guess I should show a sequence of events showing how I chose my poke's now. :naughty:

Team building process

Well I knew I wanted a Toxic Spiker and if it could bring something to sleep, that'd be nice to. Obviously Roserade was the obvious choice, great for all those Swampy leads out there as well.

Then I knew I needed Spikes out onto the field as well, Skarmory pop'd in my head instantly, Great defence, along with nice typing, healing, AND phazing. Skarmory fit perfectly.

Noticing a Fire weakness, (A.K.A. Scarfran) I decided to go with the almighty Bliss of doom, going quiet well with the almighty SkarmBliss combo and wait, whats this? Blissey can learn Gravity!

Knowing I would need a spin blocker that could last a VERY long time on the field I thought of Rotom, but knowing the scarcity of Gravity users, I decided to go with Dusknoir, while I won't be getting a nice ground resistance and Dose counter, I can use Gravity with some nice effects to my advantage.

Knowing I would need a 3rd Gravity user just in case, I opt'd for Jirachi as it dawned on me that besides learning Gravity, a healing move, axcess to rocks, AND Iron head making this all the more awsome, Jirachi had to be in.

Seeing a sad fire resistance on 3 of my Pokes, a decided to go with Hippowdon seeing as he could: work nicely with gravity (can hit flying/levitators) had natural bulk, a healing move, and could roar away, Hippowdown was too good to pass up.

And so Team Oh Gravity was born!

A closer look

The Lead

Roserade
Timid (-Att +Speed)
Natural Cure
Focus Sash
EVs :252 Special attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

-Energy Ball
-HP Ground
-Sleep Powder
-Toxic Spikes

Rose naturally is an obvious lead, Sleep Powdering most things, attempting to KO Swampy and Heatrans, and setting up spikes, and getting the crap out.

I try to usually always go for the Sleep Powder fist because it's crucial that I get at least one layer of spikes or it will get a whole lot trickier to setup and stall. Rose has nice Spec defence and Spec attack however so I gave it Timid with the usual 252 spread. Timid to outspeed neutral 90's and 100's.

The Spikes

Skarmory (Crows Feet)

Careful (-Spec attack + Spec defence)
Keen Eye
Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spec defence, 6 defence.

-Brave Bird
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Roost

Ah good ol' Skarmory, he has a simple job, get abused every possible way while he sets up spikes, roost away damage, and whirlwinds em away.
I decided to try a special defence based Skarmory this time seeing as I never have, it's decent but I'm thinking of changing him to defence based.
Skarmory works wonders on anything not having a stabbed fire or electric attack. He gets around 3 sets of spikes of quiet often and then whirls the foe away when needed. I went with Shed Shell because Zones can ruin my game plan badly with Magnet Trap. Boy I love this thing!

The Pink Blob of Doom

Blissey
Calm (-Attack + Spec defence)
Natural Cure
Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP, 252 Defence, 44 Spec Attack

-Fire Blast
-Gravity
-Sofboiled
-Protect

Bliss, the first time I've ever used this thing and wow does it work!
After absorbing a special attack I use Gravity and either Fire blast since it now has 100% acc or more commonly get my Phazers out.
If the foe is already poisoned I just use Softboiled and protect to naturally keep me alive and well until the faint. Fire blast is mainly for pokes like *cough SCIZOR cough* Fortress (whom is actually dumb to stay in on because he can spin away), Skarmory, Metagross and such if I can take the hit.
Simple and sweet.

The Void

Dusknoir
Impish (-Spec Attack +Defence)
Pressure
Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 212 Defence, 44 Attack

-Earthquake
-Dynamic Punch
-Pain Split
-Gravity

Dusk is a poke that copes amazingly well with Gravity, first off he can hit flying/levitators with EQ, Gravity also gives Dynamic Punch a nice acc rise to give the opponent a nice confusion while hurting Dark types giving me trouble, while pain split just stalls the foe longer. Gravity is a move that Dusk must have and was chosen because of Gravity and that alone, I wanted to go with Rotom but Gravity just wouldn't see of it.

The Hungry

Hippowdon (Hungry Hippo)
Impish (-Spec attack +Defence)
Sand Stream
Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP, 240 Defence, 56 Spec Defence

-Earthquake
-Stockpile
-Slack Off
-Roar
Hippowdon is my number one wall on my team and that's for a reason, if this monster can setup he's pretty much unbeatable. Earthquake for stab and nice typing with Gravity, not to mention Hippo's 112 base attack. Stockpile for the usual switch making this thing even bulkier, Slack off to heal that damage, and roar to phaze em out adding on that Toxic Spike chain. Toxic can really get on this guys nerves... Maybe give Bliss Auromatheropy?

The Star

Jirachi
Jolly (-Spec Attack +Speed)
Serene Grace (A.K.A. Hax)
Leftovers
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack

-Iron Head
-Gravity
-Wish
-Stealth Rock (U-turn?)
The Star of my team (Gawd I beat you have heard that in 30 other RMT's).
Jirachi can take a nice advantage of Serene Grace with not just flinchax but Wishax. It's nice being able to use Wish then flinch your foe THEN get healed for it. Jirachi can also activate Gravity but sadly cannot make as much use for Gravity itself but Flinchax with Toxic adding up cannot be good for ya. I rarely use Stealth Rock as it doesnt help terribly much, maybe I should opt for U-turn? Anyway Jirachi can power through anything poisoned with his sexy Flinchax + Wish...

Well the point of this team was to be original as possible while having fun. Like I said this is my first Stall Team as I'm more of an offensive player but I gave it a shot, I haven't gotten to use it much on Shoddy as I've been busy but please rate, and also don't tear my team apart as it is a Gravity Team.

Cheers! :toast:

Ground doesn't resist Fire, so you have a pretty big Fire weak. Also don't forget that Gravity cancels out the Ground immunity of Flying pokémon, leaving you with 2 pokémon weak to it and nothing to resist it. Sadly the two types that resist Ground (Grass and Bug), are both weak to fire.

If you run Protect on Blissey, Wish might be a better idea than Softboiled so you can heal your teammates. That way you could drop it on Jirachi to get some extra firepower (for example the previously mentioned Thunder). You also really lack something fast to finish off the pokémon weakened by your entry hazards.

I don't think it's possible to really cover all needs for a Gravity team seeing as how scarse Gravity is, so you could ignore the fire weak if it doesn't get you in big trouble. Blissey will probably be able to handle most special fire attacks, and physical fire is quite rare. The Ground weak however yous hould work on.Earthquake is the most used move currently.
Personally I'd Drop Roserade for a more bulky pure Grass. TSpikes aren't that powerfull anyways if you try to keep your opponent shuffling. you could go for something fun like a scarfed Celebi to KO the pokémon weakened by residual and to sponge the ground weak a little bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)