OM Interviews (#26: OM room)

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
What are the qualities you look for when you decide whether to start playing a new OM?
Will you ever play monotype?
1. I'm not actually sure tbh. I usually just pick what looks entertaining and stick with it.
2. If DEG wanted me to, I would.

What's Britain like this time of year?

I don't live in Britain Peef. :/

Can u sing opera and post video
I don't have a great mic, especially for singing. I might in the future though. I don't think I'd post a video, just audio at most.

I am a great singer though.

Last edited:
Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Do you feel healthy when you answer those questions above?

Do you listen to music?

If yes, what kind of music do you listen to?

How do you spend your life as a random driver in Other Metagames?

Are you annoyed when you answer my questions?

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
What do you feel is the greatest problem mankind faces today?
That Shawshank Redemption is only 9.4 stars on IMDb.

Hmm, your questions seem to have another level of depth. If I had to pick one thing it would probably be population inflation. Are we going to have enough resources to support the growing population? As we create new accommodation for this population, the amount of space we retain decreases. It has to run out some day. Will this lead to space exploration? There's only so much room and resources we have, it's bound to run out some day. Are we able to keep up with the growing population, and provide viable places to live that aren't on Earth before our population exceeds its maximum.

I was going to make a calculus joke and start obtaining derivatives to find the maximum but I decided it was more of an IT11 joke than a good one.

Do you feel healthy when you answer those questions above?

Do you listen to music?

How do you spend your life as a random driver in Other Metagames?

1. Comme ci, comme ça.
2. I'm on PS way too much, I need to reduce it.
3. Not at all, I need to go outside more
4. Yes
5. I listen to a lot of stuff really. Mainly EDM, but I like rap and some rock. Also other stuff.
6. Does that mean like what I do in the room? I don't even know hmm. I join and do stuff if people act bad. I prevent them from doing the bad stuffs.
7. Nope, they were fine

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Stop bullying me ur not even that good >:(

If the population continues to increase should we just start mass cullings or should we try to develop better power sources in order to get quickly to that planet that is similar to earth (aka apparently could be inhabitable) but twice as big, but isn't currently worth going to cuz it would takes us 9ever and a half to get not even close before our ruckit sheepz went ded.

Would you rather become a global moderator or receive 5 dollars?

EDIT:
Hmm, your questions seem to have another level of depth. If I had to pick one thing it would probably be population inflation. Are we going to have enough resources to support the growing population? As we create new accommodation for this population, the amount of space we retain decreases. It has to run out some day. Will this lead to space exploration? There's only so much room and resources we have, it's bound to run out some day. Are we able to keep up with the growing population, and provide viable places to live that aren't on Earth before our population exceeds its maximum.
Actually many experts believe the human population has almost reached it's peak. They predict in a few years population growth will have drastically decreased (compared to now) or stop completely. Of course it's just a prediction so you never know for sure how it will turn out.

Chloe

NUPL Champion
Rate my rater vs Josh's rater
I don't exactly know what this is supposed to mean, but Josh is worse at everything so there.
Would you rather have the power of flight or the power of invisibility?
I think I'd prefer invisibility, as I could get away with so much without people knowing what had occurred. Flight seems dangerous especially without the appropriate equipment. Can't you be fined for flying without an appropriate vehicle and/or body protection. There's bound to be some stupid law that prevents me from flying around randomly. As for what I would do with the Invisibility, I'm not really sure. Entering sporting matches without having to pay sounds cool. I don't think I'd steal anything else, because that's somewhat slack. It's not going to hurt anyone if I just sit in the venue invisible. I can't think of anything else though.
Stop bullying me ur not even that good >:(
If the population continues to increase should we just start mass cullings or should we try to develop better power sources in order to get quickly to that planet that is similar to earth (aka apparently could be inhabitable) but twice as big, but isn't currently worth going to cuz it would takes us 9ever and a half to get not even close before our ruckit sheepz went ded.
You're weird. Option 2 sounds better tho.
Would you rather become a global moderator or receive 5 dollars?
Global Moderator, I'm loaded tbh.
Don't take that as me being auth hungry, five dollars just isn't that much.

Why did you pick your name to be Zangooser?

If it could be anything else, what would it be?

Would you marry a Seviper?

If you were to quit AG, what would do mainly after?

1v1 pro or nah?

What is an Ango?

What is Australia like this time of year? (and UK :^))

If you could change one thing on PS, what would it be?

After you are done reading this thread, can we fite in AG?

Are you getting tired of answering all of these questions?

Goosey!

When do you want to have kids?

Why did you choose AG over anything else?

Thoughts on Sunkern in AG?

Thoughts on Josh in AG?

What defines the AG metagame?

Does jeran need a nerf?

If global avatar, would you have a Seviper or Zangoose as your avatar? (if other, please describe)

Chloe

NUPL Champion
Have you tried running a good Zangoose set in AG? and is 1v1 your secondary metagame?
1. Never, I assume +2 EKiller outclasses and everything OHKOs it.
2. I guess it is. I don't put nearly as much effort into 1v1 tho.

cant believe i read through all of that, good read though. How do you come up with unique ideas all the time?
Whenever a team I make lacks a check for something, I look into things that could potentially check it. E.g. I was looking at potential EKiller checks one day and I saw Sturdy Sawk w/ Expert Belt OHKOs it.

Otherwise I just try to make stuff I like viable and it usually works out.

Why did you pick your name to be Zangooser?

If it could be anything else, what would it be?

Would you marry a Seviper?

If you were to quit AG, what would do mainly after?

1v1 pro or nah?

What is an Ango?

What is Australia like this time of year? (and UK :^))

If you could change one thing on PS, what would it be?

After you are done reading this thread, can we fite in AG?

Are you getting tired of answering all of these questions?

Goosey!

When do you want to have kids?

Why did you choose AG over anything else?

Thoughts on Sunkern in AG?

Thoughts on Josh in AG?

What defines the AG metagame?

Does jeran need a nerf?

If global avatar, would you have a Seviper or Zangoose as your avatar? (if other, please describe)
1. I chose Zangooser because i began laddering BH with a Zangoose. I continued on that alt and when I tried making new ones no one knew who I was. I was stuck with it.
2. I'd probably end up changing it to Zangoose, Goose or Gooser as people would know who I was.
3. I'm marrying a Gengar already, Sevipers are disgusting.
4. Ubers, BH or Monotype
5. I'd say I'm p good.
6. "An ango (安居) is a Japanese term for a three-month period of intense training for students of Zen Buddhism lasting anywhere from 90 to 100 days." - Wikipedia
7. Getting warmer, wet weather. Relatively new prime minister that a lot of people are happy about. It was 40 degrees Celsius the other day and it's still only Spring. (I've already answered Britain).
8. I want something that shows off ladder rank when people click on my name. I think that was promised at one point too. A friend list would be cool too.
9. No, I'm not home.
10. No, I like questions.
11. Ango!
12. Life isn't always that simple.
13. Friends were playing it, I joined the party.
14. I can't make that work
15. I can't make that work either.
16. Arceus, Arceus and more Arceus.
17. He needs a buff.
18. Probably Zangoose.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
if you get 1000 dollars in road what will you do? Donate or take?
what will a new poke that you gonna have a name on? is it skarmtilizer?
every tried psychic arceus?
Are you planning for a RMT?
When will ya get a badge?
Who would be the last guy you wanna see?
Pls fill the left side of your "signature"

Last edited:

Chloe

NUPL Champion
if you get 1000 dollars in ruppe what will you do? Donate or take?
every tried psychic arceus?
Are you planning for a RMT?
When will ya get a badge?
Who would be the last guy you wanna see?
Pls fill the left side of your "signature"
1. 1000 Rupee = $21 Australian, is that a lot in India? I'd donate I think.
I think I'd donate because I want to seem like a good person.
2. Idk what you mean by this question, please rephrase.
3. Yes, it's terrible.
4. Maybe a BH one soon, I want to finish this team I made.
5. I don't really contribute to Smogon that much, so I'd say not too soon.
6. I don't know what you mean by this, but I assume you mean on ladder due to the context of your questions. I'd say Hunter tbh, I always have trouble beating him. Curve as well, but I can sometimes deal with his team.
7. I will when I have more things to put there.

Last edited:

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
1. 1000 Rupee = $21 Australian, is that a lot in India? I'd donate I think.
2. Idk what you mean by this question, please rephrase.
3. Yes, it's terrible.
4. Maybe a BH one soon, I want to finish this team I made.
5. I don't really contribute to Smogon that much, so I'd say not too soon.
6. I don't know what you mean by this, but I assume you mean on ladder due to the context of your questions. I'd say Hunter tbh, I always have trouble beating him. Curve as well, but I can sometimes deal with his team.
7. I will when I have more things to put there.
i said 1000 dollars...

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
So with the approval of The Immortal I am reviving this wonderful project with my first ever interview...ever!

Without further ado, here's my first interview with the amazing Balanced Hackmons player and OM Voice...

[Source]
MAMP

Hello
Hi

How did you come up with your username (Obvious probably but still wanted to ask lol)?
It's actually a contraction of Mega Ampharos, which is one of my favourite Pokemon of all time. I originally came up with it when I was testing a Mega Ampharos team in OU. It was the alt I happened to be on when i first got involved with OMs, so its the name that I came to be known by, so I just ended up making it my main.

What was your first ever Pokemon experience? How did you get into competitive Pokemon?
The first Pokemon game I played was Diamond when I was like 8-9 (although I had watched the anime when I was younger), which I begged my parents to get because all my friends at school were playing Pokemon and I felt left out. I first stumbled upon Smogon in like 2009. It was this article that originally got me interested in competitive Pokemon, and I immediately downloaded Shoddy Battle and hopped on the OU ladder. I really wasn't very good (I distinctly remember running EQ Stantler to lure Heatran). Eventually, I got bored of it and took a break for a while around when BW came out, but I came back to competitive mons in 2012, on Showdown. After a year or so of noobing around on the NU ladder, I found OMs, and from there discovered Averagemons, which at the time was still a young, fledgling metagame. I first got involved with OMs playing Averagemons on fusxfaranto's server in like December 2013, and I've stuck around since.

You said you are a Balanced Hackmons player. What is your favorite playstyle and why?
Honestly, I'm not sure I really have a favourite playstyle; I enjoy just about anything except full stall. The playstyle I find myself using the most recently is balance, simply because it's the most effective playstyle in BH currently.

What Pokemon do you use the most in Balanced Hackmons? What is your favorite Pokemon in Balanced Hackmons (if it is different than the first answer)?
The Pokemon I use the most is definitely Pixilate Mega Diancie; it's a really fun mon to use and it provides a ton of offensive utility in one teamslot. It's a fantastic wallbreaker and it revenge kills most of the tier's most dangerous offensive mons. It's just generally really easy to fit onto teams and it always puts in work, so I usually end up slapping it onto most of my squads. My favourite mon to use in BH is my own invention, Scarf Adaptability Mega Garchomp. It's really good because it outpaces basically the entire tier and very little can take an Adaptability-boosted Precipice Blades, making it an incredible revenge killer and late-game cleaner. Mega Garchomp isn't seen very often in BH, so it often gets surprise KO's against Mega Mewtwo Y's and such that aren't expecting the Scarf.

Which of these three, Anti-Shedinja, Anti-Ate or Anti-Imposter, are most important to look out for when building a Balanced Hackmons team?
All three are absolutely imperative for any serious BH team, but of those three I'd say that Anti-Ate is the most important. -Ate is probably the most likely to be able to sweep an unprepared team, although to be honest Imposter and Shedinja can tear through unprepared teams just as easily, so its really hard to say.

Do you have anything to tell players, new and old, about how to learn or get into Balanced Hackmons?
The best way to learn anything is to just get in and do it and learn through experience in my opinion, so I'd recommend anyone trying to get into BH to just grab a sample team and hop on the ladder. Something I do see a lot of newer players doing is building teams where they just jam a bunch of cool sets together with no regard for team synergy or countering the metagame's top threats, which is the easiest way to guarantee that you won't make it past 1300 on the ladder. I'd recommend playing with a sample team first to get a feel for the meta before trying to build your own BH team.

What are you most known for?
My winning personality :J

For real, I was one of the earliest pioneers of the spooky plate judgment / secret sword protean mewtwo y that has since become standard, I've peaked at the top of the ladder on numerous occasions, I was pretty successful in OMPL last year, and just recently I won the BH open :0

What players do you look up to or are really good friends with?
There are a lot of really great people in the BH community who I look up to both as players and as human beings, in particular: asterat (who mentored me in BH way back), E4 Flint, Heisenerg (:J), Adrian Marin (rip), nyan kat, highlighter, Kingslayer2779, InfernapeTropius11, TTer, AWailOfATail, Kl4ng, Rumors, Lcass4919, Uselesscrab, Kit Kasai, TheCommadore, Trambo and heaps of other people I'm probably forgetting (sry if I forgot you <3).

If there was anything you could change about Balanced Hackmons, what would it be and why?
BH at the moment is fairly unbalanced; in particular, -Ate and Protean are massively centralising the metagame, limiting teambuilding and just generally making the tier less fun than it could be. Both -Ate and Protean force teams to run multiple checks to them, which makes teambuilding feel very cookie-cutter, and even then they can easily often break through their would-be counters with a surprise coverage move. I've written a lot more about this in the BH suspect thread and I don't really want to repeat myself but you can check out my long-ass essay here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-suspects-and-bans.3566051/#post-6690428. Other than that, I feel like BH is in a really good place at the moment, the playerbase is bigger than its ever been and continuing to grow, the ladder recently has been pretty active which is great to see!

Can you post a team with of your favorite playstyle with a brief explanation on how it works?
Hail To The Thief (Diancie-Mega) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 48 SpA / 208 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Precipice Blades
- Infestation

OK Computer (Registeel) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Parting Shot
- Destiny Bond
- Topsy-Turvy
- Recover

Amnesiac (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Wish
- Recover

The Bends (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Knock Off
- Diamond Storm
- Will-O-Wisp

In Rainbows (Ho-Oh) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Kid A (Audino-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heal Order
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind

This is a team I used in round 1 and the finals of the BH open, and I've played with it a lot on the ladder too. It's very standard, but it's a lot of fun to use. The team is built around a defensive core of Magic Guard Ho-Oh, Fur Coat Mega Audino, and Prankster Registeel, which together can handle most of the metagame's top threats. All of them have pivoting moves to provide free switches into Mega Diancie and Mega Tyranitar, who between them are able to easily wear down opposing teams. The last Pokemon is Imposter Chansey, which serves as a backup check to a lot of Pokemon this team would otherwise struggle against, like Primal Groudon.

And with that, the interview is done! I am excited to see what questions you guys have in store and stick around because more interviews will be coming soon :D

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
why is pdon so good in the metas you main? (bh, avgmons)
what do you think of geomancy+horn leech xerneas in averagemons (lures wooper!!!!!)
best mon in averagemons?
best playstyle in averagemons?
hmu with a HO avgmons team y/y
what's ur favourite song?
favourite colour?
fave alt? (it better be Mampharosite)
I first got into mons when i got diamond as an 8 year old too! :D
what was your starter?
fave official tier?
BAN CTING
(sry had to lul)
best unaware mon in BH?
what made you decide to take on tina's bh analysis? are you insane lol??????
favourite offensive core in bh?
favourite defensive core in bh?
what is a mon/core you find yourself using in bh a ton?
best and/or most underprepared for mon in bh atm?
thanks for the shoutout fam <3

Chloe

NUPL Champion
Will you ever ladder AG properly?
Would you support me if I asked for a Chatter re-suspect in BH?
If you could have one of the following things what would it be?:
- eternal wealth
- enlightenment
- being as popular as josh
What is your opinion of Dream Eater Gengar?
On a scale of 1 to DEG, what is your opinion of me?
Favourite OM mod?
Can you uncapitalise your name please? it's triggering my ocd.
Do you think Eevee rigged Smogon Awards to get best OM battler?
Where do you see yourself in five years?
What's your favourite anime other than Cory in the House?
Most underrated movie of all time? My pick is Birdemic
Would you rather Justin Bieber or One Direction at your eighteenth birthday party? <-- this decides whether we can be friends from now on in

Thanks for answering
n_n

What are your thoughts on

-Gale Wings M-Ray in BH
-the lack of Unaware walls in BH
-Shedinja in BH
-Red Orb Groudon in BH

And if you mind make me a Blue Orb Kyogre BH team y/y I swear it's viable, and I've never seen one on the ladder before which makes me kinda sad because Sapphire was the first pokemon game I've completed :c

Do you feel anything when you answer those questions above?

Do you listen to music?

What do you think about Other Metagames in general? Are they fun? Bad? Too nooby at battling?

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What happened to mampharos and the all-time top post on the Splatoon Reddit?

What would you change about OMs if you had the power to?

Could you justify why you live in such a bad country?

What thought processes do you go through when teambuilding?
Similarly, how do you approach situations when you're playing?

SKYPE OR DISCORD

:J

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)