OM Interviews (#26: OM room)

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Are you a member of the AAA?
Was the "Shiba" account worth it?
Are you still paying it off?
Opinions on AG?
Will Celebi have a major impact on the UU metagame?
What type of music do you listen to, if any?
Favourite enchilada filling?
unfixable or wishes?
Really, $25?
Favourite High School Musical film?
Jacob or Edward in the Twilight Saga?
Favourite holiday location?
Do you have an "x-prefix-phobia"?
Did you really pay him or was that a joke?
Don't hate me pls :^)

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
do you think that adapt should be banned in aaa?

do you think that the mamoswine/bisharp bans were justified?

cute dog :0 whats her name?
1. Eh I mean it's an insanely good ability, just like any of the -ates, but I don't think its to the point where it needs to be banned, esp since there's a limit of 2 same abilities on a team
2. Yeah easily lmao
3. Yuki :] means Snow in Japanese (Shiba Inus are a Japanese dog breed so it works i guess)

If you could have one AAA ability in real life, what would it be and why?
Drizzle, so I can make it rain literally (Arizona sucks lmfao) and metaphorically ($$$)

Are you a member of the AAA?

Was the "Shiba" account worth it?
YES LOL
Are you still paying it off?
nah, I made it back in legit 2 hours of work, I still get hassled by friends for paying for it though ngl. So I'm mentally paying for it
Opinions on AG?
Just free Mega Ray in Ubers ffs, it couldn't be that broken could it?
Will Celebi have a major impact on the UU metagame?
YES, CELEBI IS MY SOULMATE
What type of music do you listen to, if any?
Yeah my music taste is pretty interesting ngl, I listen to a lot of Rock and Rap (not bad rap though), if you're looking for artists specifically: System of a Down, Nirvana, Rise Against, J. Cole, Kid Cudi, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Eminem, some others, but yeah that's it n_n
Favourite enchilada filling?
Chicken I guess?
unfixable or wishes?
she that can never be fixed is unfixable
Really, $25?
worth
Favourite High School Musical film?

Jacob or Edward in the Twilight Saga?
idk I didn't watch them but shark boy is p cool i guess
Favourite holiday location?
New York, the Bronx specifically, love the Yankees
Do you have an "x-prefix-phobia"?
If you had the x for as long as I did, you'd understand the PAIN
Did you really pay him or was that a joke?

Don't hate me pls :^)
too late
a lot of questions so answers in quote ^
What are your thoughts on Conkeldurr and Sylveon in UU?
Conkeldurr won't be as bad as Sylveon. Sylveon will honestly be insanely hard to manage, we have no good Steel-types that want to switch into it, and all our Poisons get donked by Psyshock so yeah ._. Celebi will be fun though :]

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Time for another interview and this time it is of our resident "Puff Ranger" himself...

[source]
Peef Rimgar

Hello
Hi

What are the origins of your username?

It's up to interpretation, really. What is a "Peef"? A "Rimgar"? What is any word? Why are we here? Why am I still avoiding this question?

What was your first ever Pokemon experience? How did you get into competitive Pokemon?

Oh God, well these are two very different answers for me, so:

My first ever experience with Pokemon was basically as soon as toddler Peef had enough fine motor skills to hold a Gameboy Color. My brother, who's about 6 years older than me, was already playing Pokemon Red and Gold, so I followed right behind him.

As for competitive, I was bored out of my mind in late 2013 (right before X and Y were released) and I was looking for something to do. Happened to stumble across Showdown, and eventually Smogon.

Why is Tier Shift your "go-to" OM? What makes it intriguing compared to other OMs?

Tier Shift always appealed to me because I do enjoy standard tiers, but I still enjoy creativity. Stuff like AAA and BH, while I like the concepts, always leave me feeling overwhelmed and confused when I teambuild or play. A lot of "oh shit, yeah I guess that can run that" moments happen. With Tier Shift, I can use these lower tiered threats vs OU giants while still knowing what the hell is going on.

What is your favorite "unofficial" OM?

I don't delve into unofficial OMs as much as I should these days, but a solid contender for me has to be Averagemons. Me and MAMP spent the entire first LCotM cycle doing just about nothing but playing, good times. Maybe I just have a thing for stat altering metas. Honorable mentions are Camomons, CH if we can delete the community, and OU Theorymon.

What, in your opinion, is the most broken powerful Pokemon in Tier Shift and why?

Well if you ask anyone right now it's going to Kabutops since Swift Swim just got unbanned, but for conversation sake lets ignore that.

This is a pretty hard question for me to answer because there's a lot of gray-area to the Tier Shift metagame due to the less than obvious effects and limited playerbase. If I had to pick a mon right now, it'd be Manaphy, as it just tears through the balance teams which are most common in the metagame currently. TG + 3 Attacks leaves very little to chance in matchups vs bulkier teams.

Are you going to sign up for OMPL?

No, but that doesn't mean I'm not involved...

Why are you a Puff Ranger?

Eevee General is old

What players do you look up to or are really good friends within the OM community?

Oh god. Let's go chronological, shall we?

Still gotta shout out Ranger Mike for introducing me to OMs. My first super close friend in the community was unfixable who would listen to me complain a lot, love her. The Tier Shift guys of past and present: jeran Knight of Cydonia Deathly ♛The King Kingslayer2779 insanelegend Adrian Marin (come back) BIAF LaxLapras and more I know im forgetting. Eevee General has always been extremely friendly and is like a large cuddly teddy bear of a leader. The Immortal, while having a much crunchier outer shell is also one of the people in the community I hold very highly. Plus he memes PW every so often which in moderation I can respect. I really have to thank both of the Leaders for giving me a bunch of opportunities and helping my work pay off in badge form. Zangooser and Joshz are also two really good friends I'm not quite sure how I got acquainted with but I luv.

Other users I can't think of a way to work in to this but I love: MAMP nv Ransei imas manu 11 Uselesscrab Piccolo Daimao Arhops Kit Kasai E4 Flint Heisenerg Betathunder Rhythms Pikachuun Illusio more but jesus this is a lot.

If there was anything you could change about Tier Shift and/or the direction of the OMs as whole, what would it be and why?

All in all, a lot of my issues have been remedied over time. I don't have a whole lot of complaints at the moment, but if I could change one thing it would have to be the organization of the subforum. I'd really like to see the "Official OMs" "Non-Official OMs" split happen, as where it could theoretically divide the community, I believe it would be more positive than not.

And lastly, Can you post a Tier Shift team with a brief explanation on how it works?

I know LaxLapras just dropped this in the Team Dump, but this is literally the best Tier Shift team I can fathom.
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Roost

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Spikes

Barbaracle @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Return
- Poison Jab

This team features the surprisingly potent Shell Smash Barbaracle, and what we considered ideal teammates in Cacturne and Camerupt. Cacturne absorbs water moves for the other two, Camerupt 2hkos anything +2 Barb doesn't. Clefable absorbs status and sweeps, Golbat keeps up hazards, switches in on grounds, and lures stuff with Super Fang. Hydreigon offers the team much needed Ground immunity and speed control with Scarf. Lax hasn't lost with this team yet and is probably set to peak with it lmao.

Good to do this!

And with that, the interview is done! I am excited to see what questions you guys have in store for the one and only Puff Ranger :)

Why did you decide to unban swift swim?
Why are you sticking with litten?
What secondary typing are you hoping for?
Why do you have bad memes in your CT?
Thoughts on name changing to reef pimgar?
Are any of these questions at all important?
Why are you answering my questions anyway?

Quantum Tesseract said:
Why did you decide to unban swift swim?
The ban happened under really stupid circumstances. Council was super split except for 2 but they carried majority.
Why are you sticking with litten?
Nah Rowlet is my fav, Litten is a meme
What secondary typing are you hoping for?
Litten? Probs Dark fuckin look at the emo kitten
Why do you have bad memes in your CT?
We're just gettin started baby
Thoughts on name changing to reef pimgar?
stupid dumb
Are any of these questions at all important?
Why are you answering my questions anyway?
eh

Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?

Do you listen to music?

If yes, what kind of music do you listen to?

As an OM player, do you enjoy Offense or Stall? Why?

Why don't you try other "Other Metagames?"

Chopin said:
Do you think your life is meaningful right now?
I believe so. I have quite a bit of good going for me and definitely see my purposes.
Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?
Nah, existentialism is always nice to think on
Do you listen to music?

If yes, what kind of music do you listen to?
Not terribly often, when I do it's anything from rap to dubstep to rock

np:
As an OM player, do you enjoy Offense or Stall? Why?
As a whole I play offense more just because it's easier, but Stall can definitely be fun
Why don't you try other "Other Metagames?"
Time restriction mainly

Reactions: nv

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
What do you think of AG?
Doublade viable in TS?
Which is better in Tier Shift, Josh or Choice Specs Ambipom? Take your time.
Sketchmons Ubers or Sketchmons LC?

Do you like clowns?
How many hula hoop revolutions can you do simultaneously?
Why does it always rain on me?
Have you ever been attacked by a camel?
If so, what was its name?

What's Texas like this time of year?
Favourite My Little Pony character? My pick is Fluttershy.
On a scale of 9 to 10, how cool is DEG?
How long have you been waiting for an interview?
Favourite salsa?
Do they sell apples and shit at McDonalds in the US? They do here.

What will a new poke that you gonna have a name on? Is it skarmtilizer?
What would you nickname your skarmtilizer?
Would you give your skarmtilizer to a friend if they needed it?
Am I dragging this meme on too far?

Thanks for answering my subpar questions!

What do you think of AG? Solid meta, fun to build
Doublade viable in TS? Not terribly, probably at least usable though
Which is better in Tier Shift, Josh or Choice Specs Ambipom? Take your time. Fuck Josh
Sketchmons Ubers or Sketchmons LC?

Do you like clowns? Neutral
How many hula hoop revolutions can you do simultaneously? Like multiple hula hoops or...
Why does it always rain on me? Are you in Africa? (song joke)
Have you ever been attacked by a camel? Not yet
If so, what was its name?

What's Texas like this time of year? The Syndey Opera house must have a great view of the great barrier reef, home of koalas and kangaroo boxing
Favourite My Little Pony character? My pick is Fluttershy. gotta go fuckin Twilight Sparkle
On a scale of 9 to 10, how cool is DEG? < me
How long have you been waiting for an interview? Snaq never even contacted me for it which surprised me, been anticipating since nv took over
Favourite salsa? not sure what brand but I definitely ran down my high school hallway with tortilla chips and salsa the other day so that kind
Do they sell apples and shit at McDonalds in the US? They do here. for kids meals yeh

What will a new poke that you gonna have a name on? Is it skarmtilizer?

What would you nickname your skarmtilizer? it needs no introduction
Would you give your skarmtilizer to a friend if they needed it? depends on the friend. you? sure. josh? fuck josh
Am I dragging this meme on too far? never far enough

Thanks for answering my subpar questions! anytime <3
answers in bold

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you were to make a RMT, what tier would it be?

(Also ur munchlax team is coming soon)

oms or pet mods
stall or offense
thoughts on reducing tier shift boost from multiples of 5 to 4
do you still play pokemon, as in xy/oras on a 3ds
which manager is winning ompl for the third time in a row
least favorite om
most underrated om
most overrated om
how much would you pay for cobalion alt on ps
what tv shows do you watch
what sports do you watch

sorry if any q was already asked

oms or pet mods yes, both are good and different
stall or offense offense but bc im impatient and a bad player
thoughts on reducing tier shift boost from multiples of 5 to 4 nah the changes are fairly small from ou as is, really don't like the idea of lessening it
do you still play pokemon, as in xy/oras on a 3ds i would if i had money
which manager is winning ompl for the third time in a row youuuuu
least favorite om not rlly sure, i tend to get annoyed by repeat omotms if that counts
most underrated om theres so much cool stuff that gets 0 attention idek, averagemons sounds good
most overrated om controversial opinion: BH. ever since the ev change i've found it near unplayable other than when i use fun shit that loses, competitive level bh is disgusting though. no offense if you play it just not my cup of tea
how much would you pay for cobalion alt on ps $0.00, ill wait out 6 badges
what tv shows do you watch im a slut for sitcoms, Friends especially. i've also been introduced to comedy anime in the form of ouran high school host club and its stupid but funny
what sports do you watch handegg, does wrestling count

sorry if any q was already asked
answers in bold

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Why did you choose Litten? I literally have a type advantage over you

Reactions: nv

EV

Banned deucer.
How much did you bribe the USDA inspectors to label you '100% All American Grade A" when we all know you're Grade D at best?
What's your Zord animal?
What country should the Eevee army invade next?
Are you still holding out for Eeveef Gengar?
Did your extra R go to the same place as baconbagon's Z?
Who's your favorite OM leader and why is it me? Same question for OM RO. Answer carefully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)